• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Butch Witkowski in general

Ron Collins

Curiously Confused
So I listened to both interviews and I have concerns with Witkowski. Please let me know what you think. This is not meant as an attack on the man. I think this field needs a trained investigator with a highly tuned B.S detector with a talent for finding solid facts. But, I want to point out the flaws so that all of our expectations are managed.

1. He seems to mentally connect a bunch of dots that may have only the tiniest thread of a chance of being connected. This makes him sound very pro-conspiracy theory minded. Not necessarily a big deal by itself but I heard something like 12 references to commonly held and independent conspiracy theories. That troubles me.

2. Dr. Jacobs. It is my opinion that Regression Therapy/Hypnotic Therapy, regardless of who is conducting it, is way to suspect to take seriously. Though I think Jacobs and Hopkins represent that they are very carful not to lead a potential abductee into these ideas, the mere fact that they have a reputation for researching the abduction phenomenon introduces the concept into the sub conscience. This coupled with the apparent fact that Jacobs quizzes them about their memory of a suspected event and ostensibly before the session has an opportunity to interview them again and compare answers suggests that this is an even stronger possibility. Butch seems to trust in Jacobs ability and judgment nearly to a fault. I understand that this is the case because he views Jacobs as an authority. The problem I have is that there seems to be no heed paid to the consideration that his chosen field of interest and its public nature pre-disposes his patients to a desired causality. Its this blind faith in an authority without considering the implications and ramifications that might have that I find troubling.

3. " If you ask 20 people if they think Phoebes, a moon of Mars, is a moon or a ship I think you will get about 15 people say its a ship." Now Don took this to mean the long cigar shape UFO photo he got from the Russians. But, I don't think thats what he meant. I think he means the theory that Phoebes is a hollowed out asteroid then converted into a space ship by unknown E.T.'s. I have heard this theoy applied to Earths moon as well. If you show 20 people the image Don got from the Russians, you actually might get 15 that say its a space ship. BUT, if he meant the moon I would bet the number would be 1 or none of a random selection of people. I know it seems I am cherry picking, and maybe I am, but the stated exaggeration bespeaks of a person who has committed himself to an origin and is willing to let that origin drive the data. This is important because it could show that his conclusions, research, and evidence already have a destination in mind.

4. Disclosure. Sci-Fi Movies, holographic wars, governments acknowledging but then slamming the door on questions... I admit this is a key bias with me but when you start talking about this subject and throw in the conversation that one of your investigators thinks the aliens are going to put on a holographic war to help facilitate disclosure and I am going to assume you are on the bullet train to crazy town. It almost seems that he went to a Bassett conference and swallowed the "Disclosure Is Eminent" trash he has been slinging for years now. There is just too much bureaucratic CYA in place for any government inspired disclosure to ever take place. Whatever the agenda of the UFO occupants they seem quite content with avoiding such a scenario.

There are more items, but the post is already too long. I am interested to know if any of these concerns are shared or if you think I am nitpicking too much.

Thanks!

I agree Ron. Until the most recent interview I viewed Butch as pretty credible.... and I still do to be honest. But towards the end of the latest interview there were a few things that made me a little concerned. Basically the stuff you cited.

I think Butch is new to the field and not a member of the old boys club like Don Ecker. Basically my opinion is Butch has not been investigating all that long and will soon learn a few things.

Back