• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

BREAKING NEWS : NASA captures artificial structure on Mars.

universeseeker

Skilled Investigator
The oppertunity rover captured two amzing images from a structure on the red planet. NASA scientists are stunned from what they see. At the moment they have no idea what the structure can be. The oppertunity rover is now changing it’s path to go study the strange structure. The structure was taken with the rear cam, but didn’t show up in any images that were taken with the front cam when riding to that location. They have no idea why they didn’t see it before. It’s like the structure popped-up out of nowhere. Here is The link to the video.

One question: who took the picture? It wasn't NASA, to begin with.
I don't know who took the image ... but what I do know is that the Original image is on the NASA site : check it out yourself "oppertunity raw images , rear Hazcam , SOL 4206" , It are the latest images posted by NASA , but who took the picture ? well , i Don't know lol :)

Warning! I do figure this out by the end of this post. Very good hoax. :p Hats off to you!

I don't know who took the image ... but what I do know is that the Original image is on the NASA site : check it out yourself "oppertunity raw images , rear Hazcam , SOL 4206" , It are the latest images posted by NASA , but who took the picture ? well , i Don't know lol :)

Hmmm. yes, interesting. Sorry I doubted. :cool: Figured a scam. Most are. Maybe still is - never know. Better to approach cautiously.
LINK: Mars Exploration Rover

Here are pictures - click on images for blow-up detail -

So then - not snow. Something else. IMO. Why do you say snow? I'd say some kind of powdery sand/dirt. Absence of color makes it difficult. Why suggest not on Mars? That's no fun. If NASA why would they make such a massive gaffe?

The image to the right initially looked like the top of a mountain to me.

The image to the left is odd - yes. Looks like a 3-tiered football stadium. ;) But with odd geometry - that shifts.

Questions: How do we know that it wasn't seen from the front? Sol 4206 is today? Then what is Sol 4158? I'm new to this. Can you explain.

Ah - GAME OVER - I went to Spirit's Raw Photos (Archived) and at once came on this - again Rear View -

LINK: Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Multimedia: All Raw Images: Spirit: Rear Hazcam: Sol 2169
LINK: Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Multimedia: All Raw Images: Spirit: Rear Hazcam: Sol 2169

The second picture is key. :) Methinks we are seeing the interior of a sunshade - those are the three thinga-ma-jigs that hold the shade together. The Martian surface is the lighted area - and it's a very narrow view, like looking through the back-window of a sports convertible rag-top (reminds me of). :p Very good! had me going there for a bit! :D

Hats off to Tyger. I half-recognized this from a couple years back but couldn't recall the solution. So I opted for humor:)

More proof that it's very hard to determine what we are seeing in compressed images. Or clear ones for that matter.

For what it may be worth, I don't intuit that Universeseeker is a hoaxer. I feel this individual has genuine interest and might merely be inexperienced. He/she seems to spend a lot of time in the NASA images, looking for something.

That isn't a bad idea, but I do recommend based on previous posts that they visit a place like southern Utah where rock shapes are very unique.

This was not that- so I slap the back of Tyger and buy him/her a brew for their trouble.

Thank you, Vimana! :) Took me under 15 minutes to find. Have to say, the good out of this is I was mesmerized by the NASA pictures.

I could go with your sentiments about Universeseeker (and would prefer to think that) except for the fact that Universeseeker posited considerable insight into NASA's actions when stating: "NASA scientists are stunned from what they see. At the moment they have no idea what the structure can be. The oppertunity [sic] rover is now changing it’s path to go study the strange structure. The structure was taken with the rear cam, but didn’t show up in any images that were taken with the front cam when riding to that location. They have no idea why they didn’t see it before. It’s like the structure popped-up out of nowhere."

I will say this: a lot of time was exerted on the video. I can take a joke. :)

Back