• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bob Dean (???)

remember

Para-Realist
Hey Paracast board:

Trusted that I could get a level-headed evaluation of Bob Dean's credibility here. I heard him speak on another podcast recently and my BS meter just sort of went nuts.

Cosmic Top Secret clearance... what the hell is that?

Anyway... just wanted to get the scoop on this guy before I made any further comments about him publicly.

Thanks

Better back off Bob. The gub'ment did because he is a "small-arms expert." Lord knows nothing sends the PTB running with their tails between their legs like an old man with a 9mm. :rolleyes:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Seems like a nice enough guy, but his claims are really laughable. The military don't hand out the highest security clearances to low rankers - which he was.

Cosmic Top Secret clearance... what the hell is that?
As far as I know, there is no such thing in the American security system. NATO has such an appelation for documents, but not for people, and is not really "higher" than Top Secret at all. It's just a way of compartmentalization.

The US has Top Secret with SCI: Sensitive Compartmented Information. This idea of "Cosmic Top Secret" is one that, I think, has been made up by the likes of Bob Lazar, among others, to add lustre to their stories. The level of clearance you have has more to do with the background check than anything else. With a Secret Clearance, you have to go back five years, with a Top Secret, ten years. People don't get 'Confidential' clearances these days.

Also, there are requirements as to how information is procured. For example, you have to have so many references that are obtained not from the applicant, but 'developed' from other references. When I got a security clearance, the NIS (Naval Investigative Service) knocked on my neighbor's door and asked them if they knew anyone else who knew me and could answer questions. The NIS then went to this secondary person. That's how they 'branch out.'

This work can also be done by contractors. I had a lady visit me awhile ago concerning a Top Secret Clearance for someone else. She asked a few questions, but cut the interview short because she was afraid of my dog. MY DOG??? Look at him up there!! He's a lot nicer and less aggressive person than I am. Gives me a lot of confidence in the quality of background checks.

Bob Dean seems like a nice enough man. Seems to spin a yarn pretty well. Although to KNOW Bob Dean is to know who he counts as his closest pals.... Lear and Wendell Stevens.

I saw him twenty years ago at a UFO conference in Zurich, Switzerland. Just recently I watched him at the Exopolitics Summit in Barcelona, Spain. He still tells the exact same story and shows the same slides. Why hasn't the man discovered anything new in twenty years???

I think he's a con man and due to age he starts slipping a bit ... At the summit he started off by saying he could lecture for three hours, but then stopped the "show" after less than an hour.

But he looks the part and that's what matters to certain people ;)

Hey I have Cosmic Top Secret Clearance!

Oh no...wait...valid for children under 12 years of age only.

Damn you fine print. DAMN YOU!

Back