• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangle on the edge of Space

Rick Deckard

Paranormal Maven
Apologies if this link is in the mammoth thread...

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Is this genuine or CGI?

Rick Deckard said:
Apologies if this link is in the mammoth thread...

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Is this genuine or CGI?

On my list of "things to do", is to disect that thread up into more cohesive parts for this forum. It is quite megolithic, indeed!

Cool video. The commentary is quite funny. One guy thought it was a pizza; one guy said it was his cousin Juan in his cadillac; One guy was excited about the latest season of "24"...hmmm Not much 'take-away' from that crowd.

There were some interesting comments that this is "obviously" a satellite moving into position. I'm not sure i buy that.

It's pretty neat that this video's received 221,500 views.

It's kind of odd that the Adsense advertisement delivered by Google on this site, at least when I was watching it, was for "hemorroid removal". What the heck? What does that have to do with a black triangle in space?

In any event, looks CGI to me, but I've been wrong before...Even if it is CGI, it's cool. 221,500 people seem to think so.

The reason I posted it was that after reading about the first 6 or 7 pages of the 'big' thread, I noticed that you were heading down the 'stealth blimp' avenue - I didn't see any mention of BTs in space only sightings near the ground...so that's why it caught my eye.

I suppose we *have* to assume it's CGI as there's no info about which shuttle mission or elapsed mission time etc...

Rick Deckard said:
The reason I posted it was that after reading about the first 6 or 7 pages of the 'big' thread, I noticed that you were heading down the 'stealth blimp' avenue - I didn't see any mention of BTs in space only sightings near the ground...so that's why it caught my eye.

I suppose we *have* to assume it's CGI as there's no info about which shuttle mission or elapsed mission time etc...

Definitely! I've seen a couple space-based sightings floating around out here in the blogosphere, that I'd love to dig deeper into.

I've not quite backed off of the stealth blimp theory, but it's still, only one hypothesis. I believe when I wrote that in the forums, back in the beginning of that megolithic thread, I was completing a report for my journal, called NIDS 2002: It's a Stealth Blimp, so my mind was on that subject at the time. My mind has since moved on to other things of course.

The Stealth Blimp theory, stems from the Nids 2002 report. I thought they made a very compelling case, but then of course, in 2004, they changed their minds, and left the ET explanation wide open, based in part, on the open-deployment issue. Eventually, I'd like to go back and revisit the NIDS 8-2004 report as well.

Perhaps the reason why NIDS didn't focus on shuttle footage, is because most of their analysis dealt with compiled UFO reports from 3 separate databases. At the end of the day, their final conclusion was that there were more questions than answers, so the shuttle footage would only bolster their final 2004 report on the subject.

That said, the 2002 Stealth Blimp Aereon theory, is still a very good report on their part, and holds up to scrutiny quite well. While most everything else is highly speculative, NIDS produced some reasonable analysis based on fact, history, and data. Quite compelling, but certainly not a slam-dunk. Given that they changed their minds 2 years later, what more can be said? It's anyones guess what these things really are.

On to your point: It's probably more reasonable to call it a probable hoax for now, but only until someone digs up more information about this video to validate it. If it gets validated, than that assumption will have to be thrown out completely (unless Hoagland argues that it's NASA CGI). If the video can be proven authentic, then all bets are off. If it's real, I guess we'll have to go study satellite footage, and make comparisons. If it's real, it sure looks like a triangular shaped craft to me.

Tom Levine said:
On to your point: It's probably more reasonable to call it a probable hoax for now, but only until someone digs up more information about this video to validate it. If it gets validated, than that assumption will have to be thrown out completely (unless Hoagland argues that it's NASA CGI). If the video can be proven authentic, then all bets are off. If it's real, I guess we'll have to go study satellite footage, and make comparisons. If it's real, it sure looks like a triangular shaped craft to me.

The guy who posted the video - I've found his website :

http://journals.aol.co.uk/hgn53k/UFOSightingsDevonEngland/

Time to do a little digging...

Okay, according to Wikipedia, on the STS-80 mission they launched 3 pieces of hardware and later retrieved at least 1 -

Satellite No 1:

ORFEUS-SPAS II, a free-flying satellite, will be deployed and retrieved using the Space Shuttle Columbia's Remote Manipulator System (RMS). The goal of this astrophysics mission is to investigate the rarely explored far- and extreme-ultraviolet regions of the electromagnetic spectrum, and study the very hot and very cold matter in the universe.

Image of ORFEUS-SPAS II

Satellite No 2:

ASTRO-SPAS is a carrier designed for launch, deployment and retrieval by the Space Shuttle. Once deployed from the Shuttle's RMS, ASTRO-SPAS will operate quasi-autonomously for 14 days in the vicinity of the Shuttle. The carrier's inclination will be 28.4 degrees with an altitude of 218 statute miles (351 km). After completion of the free flight phase, the satellite will be retrieved by the RMS, returned to the Shuttle cargo bay and returned to Earth.

Experimental Hardware 1:

The free-flying Wake Shield Facility (WSF-3) will be making its third flight into orbit. The Facility is a 12 foot (3.7 m) diameter, free-flying stainless steel disk designed to generate an "ultra-vacuum" environment in space in which to grow semiconductor thin films for use in advanced electronics. The STS-80 astronaut crew will deploy and retrieve the WSF during the 16 day mission using Columbia's "robot arm," or Remote Manipulator System.

Details about the Wake Shield

I'm already wondering if that video might actually show one of the above pieces of hardware...

Rick Deckard said:
Okay, according to Wikipedia, on the STS-80 mission they launched 3 pieces of hardware and later retrieved at least 1 -

Satellite No 1:

Image of ORFEUS-SPAS II

Satellite No 2:

Experimental Hardware 1:

Details about the Wake Shield

I'm already wondering if that video might actually show one of the above pieces of hardware...

WOW! :cool: 2COOL4U:cool:

Now what am I gonna write about :(

Very impressive, sir! Impressive digging, indeed.

It looks like 3 different objects over just being one. At the end it kinda looks like the common triangle. That is if I'm looking in the right place. It doesn't look cgi to me. And if it was it would probably be more impressive. It doesn't hurt to keep cgi as a possibilty though.

A.LeClair said:
It looks like 3 different objects over just being one. At the end it kinda looks like the common triangle. That is if I'm looking in the right place. It doesn't look cgi to me. And if it was it would probably be more impressive. It doesn't hurt to keep cgi as a possibilty though.

There's quite a few other bits floating around in that footage, so I'm of the opinion that this is probably 3 pieces of debris reflecting the sun and that they just happened to form a triangle at that precise moment in time - after all, what *other* formation could they form?

It's not conclusive but I think I'd need to see clearer video before looking at this one again...

Rick Deckard said:
There's quite a few other bits floating around in that footage, so I'm of the opinion that this is probably 3 pieces of debris reflecting the sun and that they just happened to form a triangle at that precise moment in time - after all, what *other* formation could they form?

It's not conclusive but I think I'd need to see clearer video before looking at this one again...

Even if it is just debris, it's still an excellent piece of footage in its own right. It reminds me of the "Australian" Triangle (not Pascoe Vale), which Davenport and Hoagland both confirmed was an antenna farm. And yet, it sure does look like this massive black triangle, caught on satellite by Google Earth. People could drive by the thing, and they'd still believe it's an alien craft. And yet, even though it is a completely explainable piece of footage, it's beautiful for what it is, pure illusion. Anyway, this footage is the same. We don't know what it is. But, if it's just debris, cool!

Back