• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Black Triangle in Mississippi

Robbie

Paranormal Novice
Last night while working we had a call come in from an individual sting that a Triangular craft was hovering over one of our highways next to a National Guard base. It was gone by the time i arrived at the location but i have witnessed this triangular craft on several occasions in our city. It seems to move across the sky silently with 3 lights in a triangular formation. It is a cool craft to watch just wish i knew what it was.

Is this your MUFON report?

2011-08-09 2010-10-20 Black Triangle MS, US
Long Description of Sighting Report
I was traveling east on hwy 80 at approx. 45mph when i noticed a light approaching my location, traveling west on the south side of the highway approx. 200' in the air. I traveled for approx. 400' before turning right into a church entrance where i came to a stop under a street light. The light continued traveling toward my location. When the light came whiten approx. 150-200yds of my location it banked right (my right its left)circling around me then proceeded to travel east, parallel with the highway.

The vehicle did not make any noise upon, during and after its approach and pass. When the vehicle banked right (my right its left) i noticed three (3) lights on the craft in a triangle formation.

It should also be noted that Hwy 80 runs parallel with interstate 20. I also noticed what appeared to be a strobe-light in the sky that night. It had a variable strobe that seemed to flash randomly. I also noticed this strobe-light the following night and haven't seen it since.

How about you pin some locations on this map and add some notes on direction and so on:
Brandon MS- Google Maps
Also, I'd like a better description of the craft, and what convinces you that this isn't something conventional from the nearby airport.

Well said Sentry. Can I also add that you include what the minimum speed might have been? (i ask because below a certain speed rules out anything not using a conventional lift-from-wing method of staying aloft.)

Also, could you discern anything unusual about it's lights? (quality or tone of colour, brightness, strobing, casting shadows or not)

Did the craft seem to be always having it's 3 lights travelling in the same orientation with respect to forward motion? (If one point of triangle is always forward it is little less unlikely to be conventional craft)

The craft gave the appearance ( contrast against the night sky) of a triangular shape. The orientation of the lights were 1 in the front and 2 at the rear. As far as me being convinced that the craft wasn’t being flown out of or into the local airport, I’m not. I have worked here for the past 12 years, mostly at night, and being familiar with aircraft both commercial and military (veteran myself) I have never seen a craft of this nature and completely silent during operation. As far as speed, this is completely speculative but I would guess between 40-60mph. I do not recall anything special about the lights except that they were not casting light nor did they appear to illuminate the craft at all. The lights appeared to be fixed with respect to forward movement.

I tried to draw the flight path on Google maps but was unsuccessful.

I don’t recall anything significant about the lights except that they did not project light like headlights on a vehicle or flashlight. I don’t recall the lights being intense and the feeling I had was one of curiosity due to the odd nature of the craft. I am no expert on aircraft but I have flown both commercial and military. I am a law enforcement officer as well as a Iraq war veteran. It is not the lights or shape of the craft that intrigues me, it was the crafts silent, slow movement at low altitude that fly’s in the face of conventional explanation. I will also fix the map, thanks.

Robbie, thanks for your further information and for updating your map. I found your original NUFORC report, which helps show that you thought this was important enough to record.
When the vehicle banked left i noticed three (3) lights on the craft in a triangle formation.
Based on that comment, it seems you are saying the the shape was not apparent before?
Also, from the way you are not describing the lights, I take it they were just white and not colored like navigation lights.

The other strange thing is your mention of the strobe light which you say didn't pulse steadily like an aircraft light. Can you say more about it, and do you think it was connected to the triangular craft?

Also, have there been other reports besides last night, and is there a Police record of them?
Have you checked with Evers airport for radar tracking on those dates?

I believe you are asking if I noticed the triangular formation before the craft turned, no I did not. I did not notice the triangular formation of the lights or that their were three (3) until the craft turned. As far as the color goes they all appeared to be white with no other variations, if I had to speculate on the size of the lights I would say they were about the size of a round headlight. Now the strobe light I saw appeared to be extremely high in altitude, this was not an aircraft at least not a conventional one. It was a small point of light in the sky that had a bright pulse. There did not seem to be a particular rhythm to the pulses of light. I had seen this pulsing light one other time prior to the sighting of the craft and on the night of the first sighting. The strobe light appeared to be slowly moving or the rotation of the earth gave it the appearance of movement. Their would be no way of knowing if the strobe light is connected to the triangular craft and would be nothing more than speculation on my part if I did think they were connected. As far as I know the sighting called in the other night was the first to be reported by the public and I am unaware of any earlier reports. There is a radio log of the incident. I will check to see if there are any other reports. I have not checked with the airport.
Sorry for not describing the lights before its just that they are overshadowed in my mind by the crafts silent and slow mode of operation that seems to defy current technology as I know it.

I went to scout the area of the Brandon MS triangle sightings last night in the reported viewing window time. After scouting around, I picked a location with an open field next to a road in order to reduce the number of streetlights. Sadly, my short visit didn't produce any UFOs, but I could see that the area provided some excellent night sky viewing. There is a lot of road noise from the highways in the area and of the four planes seen, I was only able to hear one of them. So an aircraft seeming to be silent in the area is not that unusual.

I did see a strobing white star-like light, but it moved steadily across the just as an airplane should. It did appear to be pulsing irregularly and I could not see the red and green navigation lights. I have no doubt it was just the tail of a high flying plane. I'm not claiming Robbie saw one of these, but there is plenty of air traffic in the area.

I carried a camera just in case, and snapped a few shots of Venus, stars and planes just as a test. I'm not a photographer and my results were awful and wouldn't have shown anything useful if there was a UFO. The shots taken with my cellphone were even worse. Here's the batch from the digital camera:
Brandon MS Night Skies: bad, blurry photos of the stars, streetlights and planes
DSC00484.JPG

The trip shows me that the conditions are such that what was reported could have happened and been observed from the distances and conditions described. Other than, that it demonstrated conclusively that I need training and practice with a camera.

What if... this UFO is a radio controlled model plane or helicopter outfitted with a larger triangular lightweight frame with small lights at the points? Some triangular cousin to the craft shown in this link?
Linn Murphy's RC UFOs

The reported speed is low, 40-60 mph, and the details of the flight performance don't indicate any remarkable maneuvers except hovering (which is often reported in cases of slow flight). Most RC planes make a buzzing sound, but the noise could be masked by its altitude and also the road noise from traffic.
Also, the reported sighting time makes me wonder if the whoever flying this has to be in bed before 11 pm.

I'll be disappointed if this is what it really is, but just wanted to see how closely it matches the performance of the object observed.

Dear can you say what city this is close to?
Robbie hasn't checked in lately, but I hope he'll see your question and chime in. He did answer a few questions about his sighting and identified the city as Brandon, Mississippi.
Brandon is near the airport for Jackson, MS, so there is a lot of air traffic over the city. Also the Air National Guard has a base nearby as well, so there is a fair amount of military air traffic as well.

Back