• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Bizarre UFO Sighting

Hendrix84

Paranormal Novice
Hello,

Before I share my experience, I'd like to point out that I don't suffer from any form of mental illness and that, despite my namesake, I've never taken LSD. I had a bit of an interest in the UFO phenomenon prior to the incident, I read about 2-3 books on the subject when I was in my early teens. I was a big fan of the X-Files and caught a few programs on TV about the subject over the years, but I was never obsessed with the phenomenon. Also, English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for my poor syntax and grammar.

It took place in mid-November 2000, I can't tell you exactly what day it was and what time it was. I was sixteen at the tome and living with my mom and step-dad. I had recently dropped out of high school and gotten my first real job at a carpentry shop.

We had dinner with my step-grandparents at our house. After the meal, my step-grandfather and my parents headed off to an auction in town. I chatted with my step-grandmother for a bit and then went to my room to play video games. About an hour later, things got pretty weird. I started to get the feeling I was being watched, it was really uncomfortable. It went on for a couple of minutes before I was overtaken with this urge to look outside. I put the controller down, got up, peeked through the blinds and there it was: a small dark football-shaped object, with a row of what I assume were windows emitting a dim white light, hovering about fifteen-twenty feet above the neighbor's house across the street.
Chills went down my spine, I froze for a bit and I hauled my ass out of the bedroom. One of the most striking features about the object was its color, it won't make any sense but the best way I can describe it is blacker than black. It was pretty dark outside, there was no stars in the sky and yet I could perfectly make out a shape.

I stood outside my room for a bit, I just stood there like an idiot trying to make sense of what I saw. My step-grandmother, who was watching TV in the living room, looked at me and asked me what was wrong, I told her there was something outside. Intrigued, she got up and pulled the curtains. The object was gone, I can't tell you how relieved I was, the first thought that popped into my head was, ''Good, it was my imagination''. Terrifying doesn't even begin to describe what happened next. As she was asking me questions about what I saw, we both heard this loud humming noise and felt some sort of vibration. The only way I can describe it is it was like standing right next to a loud amplifier. I was absolutely petrified, It went on for at least twenty seconds before it finally stopped. The weirdest part was that my step-grandmother was so calm about it, almost serene, in fact she was even smiling - when we talked about it later, she claimed she was as terrified as I was. I'm by no means suggesting she was under the control of whatever the hell that thing was, I just thought her reaction was very odd.

She started talking about new age crap, space brothers and all that junk - she's one of those people who believe crystals can cure illnesses. My parents and step-grandfather got home about an hour later, when we told them what happened, let's just say we were met with a great deal of mockery.

I slept in the guest room downstairs for the next couple of days. It had no windows, so I thought that if that thing showed up again, at least I wouldn't see it. I contacted a UFO investigator about two weeks later, he said he could help make sense of what I experienced that night, but for that I needed to be put under regressive hypnosis by one of his colleagues. I categorically refused, I was familiar with the controversy surrounding hypnosis and UFOs and the last thing I wanted was to have some guy put little grey men in my head. He literally tried to convince me on the phone that I had been abducted. I just hung up on him. Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of that brand of ufologists. For the record, I didn't experience 'missing time', I didn't wake up the next day with weird marks on my body or felt that I was a special snowflake chosen by aliens to deliver a message of love to humankind.

Looking back on the incident, what strikes me the most is the whole theatrical aspect of it. It was so surreal, the whole thing felt like it was staged, if that makes any sense. Also, the craft/object/thing was ridiculously small, I'd say it was about the size of a couch. I have no idea what I saw, but there was no way it was a plane or a helicopter.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting this. No need to apologize for your English either, you write a lot better than many native English speakers that I've seen. You said you felt like the incident was staged but have you considered the reason why? What did your new age Grandma think about the whole thing? Space brothers come down to say what's up or something more sinister?

Looking back on the incident, what strikes me the most is the whole theatrical aspect of it. It was so surreal, the whole thing felt like it was staged, if that makes any sense. Also, the craft/object/thing was ridiculously small, I'd say it was about the size of a couch. I have no idea what I saw, but there was no way it was a plane or a helicopter.

Not uncommon at all in the history of this phenomenon. Thanks sharing.

Welcome to the forums Hendrix84. Can you tell me why you were terrified?

I honestly thought the house was going to blow up. That weird humming noise was really, really loud.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for posting this. No need to apologize for your English either, you write a lot better than many native English speakers that I've seen. You said you felt like the incident was staged but have you considered the reason why? What did your new age Grandma think about the whole thing? Space brothers come down to say what's up or something more sinister?

Thanks for the kind words.

It was just too perfect, you know what I mean? I peeked through the blinds and bam, it was right there, perfect position, perfect altitude almost as if it wanted me to get a really good look at it. Looking back, that combined with the loud humming noise, it's like it was basically showing off.

As for my step-grandmother, I don't remember her exact words, but it was something along the lines of, ''They dropped by to say hi'', yes.

Speaking of her, to add to the too perfect aspect of it . It strikes me as odd that she happened to be there when it happened. It was just too good of a coincidence. So much so that I've entertained the hypothesis that what the whole thing was the projection of her own UFO fantasies? Does that make any sense at all?
I read an article about Walter B Gibson, the creator of the Shadow -a pulp character from the 1930's, who claimed that he was so obsessed with the character that he somehow became ''real''. In addition to Gibson's own account, some of his friends have reported seeing the Shadow at his house. Also, if I'm not mistaken the creator of Conan the Barbarian made similar claims, he apparently too became literally haunted by his creation.

Hello,

Also, English is not my first language, so I apologize in advance for my poor syntax and grammar.

Having done stints grading standardized writing tests in the U.S., I can tell you your grammar and syntax are better than that of most Americans ! Thanks for posting.

I honestly thought the house was going to blow up. That weird humming noise was really, really loud.

Thanks for the kind words.

It was just too perfect, you know what I mean? I peeked through the blinds and bam, it was right there, perfect position, perfect altitude almost as if it wanted me to get a really good look at it. Looking back, that combined with the loud humming noise, it's like it was basically showing off.

As for my step-grandmother, I don't remember her exact words, but it was something along the lines of, ''They dropped by to say hi'', yes.

Speaking of her, to add to the too perfect aspect of it . It strikes me as odd that she happened to be there when it happened. It was just too good of a coincidence. So much so that I've entertained the hypothesis that what the whole thing was the projection of her own UFO fantasies? Does that make any sense at all?

I read an article about Walter B Gibson, the creator of the Shadow -a pulp character from the 1930's, who claimed that he was so obsessed with the character that he somehow became ''real''. In addition to Gibson's own account, some of his friends have reported seeing the Shadow at his house. Also, if I'm not mistaken the creator of Conan the Barbarian made similar claims, he apparently too became literally haunted by his creation.

So, the step-grandmother had UFO fantasies you were aware of? As in, she was a UFO buff - someone with a keen interest in UFOs? Did she use to talk about any UFO-related stuff in the house?

And where did it all happen, what country are you from?

Esoteric new age stuff was more her thing, but yes she had a keen interest in UFOs. She did talk about UFO-related stuff (benevolent space hippies and that sort of thing) in the house.

Canada.

Back