• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Beware the "Malacosa!"

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
I received an interesting email at my website this morning, ourstrangeplanet.com that mentions an interesting story that circulated among SE USA Indian tribes in the early 16th Century. Fascinating but spooky. BTW: Albert Rosales' upcoming episode of the Paracast should not be missed!—Chris

Hi Chris

Just to tell you that I'm almost done reading "stalking the tricksters" and I find
it a very interesting and entertaining book . Keep up the good work. As for the
trickster character I wonder if you ever came across the following story and what do
you make of it.: Its summed up in the A. Rosales humanoid database, but I also
include the relevant part of the book written by the "conquistador" Cabeza de Vaca
in sixteenth century. This "Malacosa" seem's like a shapeshifter trickster to me,
what do you think?

In the 1530s and 40s, the Spaniard Cabeza de Vaca and his conquistadores followed
the Mississippi River and came in contact with various Native American tribes of
varying dispositions. Upon befriending the Avavares further westward they were told
a most unusual tale. According to the Indians, approximately sixteen years earlier
the region had been visited by another “bearded” character of unusual aspect. This
fellow was called by the Indians “Malacosa” or Mr. “Bad thing” (according to the
Spaniards) an accurate appellation given his proclivities. Even though bearded his
facial features were “never seen clearly” or where otherwise indistinct or else
clouded by a mist. This character “invaded” Indian homes by night, accompanied by a
light and an electrical sensation that would make the hair of the inhabitants “stand
on end.” Apparently paralyzed, the poor tribespeople would stand helpless as, armed
with a “blazing brand” or wand the bearded creature would rush inside and perform
intrusive surgeries upon its victims. This included abdominal intrusions and taking
of intestinal samples, to incisions or perhaps partial amputation of arms and legs,
which would then be surgically stitched or otherwise, repaired. The androgynous
ambiguity of this creature was not lost on the Indians, for it happened that during
this season of visitation, “Malacosa” would appear in the midst of their
celebrations, dressed alternately as an Indian man or woman, which raises the
question: Was he in a possible quest for genetic material based on seduction? The
Indians offered him food but he never ate; they inquired as to his place of origin,
and “Malacosa” pointed to a nearby “hole” on the ground and told them that his home
was there, in the regions below. At first the Spaniards laughed at the account of
the “barbarian bogey man” until the Indians brought forward numerous people who
still bore the visible scars of the intrusive or amputation reattachment surgeries.
From The Humanoid Contact Database: Humanoid Reports from 2357 BC to 1869 AD;
summarizes reports of numerous such “encounters.”
IRAAP: Humanoid Contact 2357 BC - 1869 AD

I've just spent a half hour reading through the more interesting tales. Some I remember from childhood books, but most are new. The Lizard Queen of Copper Mountain is a great folk story and would likely get many an Icke fan frothing at the mouth.

The cathedral demon trying to keep the flames of a fire going is also imaginative. Mother's Milk from a woman 'beyond reproach!'

The authorities threw into the roaring fire a quantity of Agni Dei, close to one hundred and fifty buckets of water, and forty or fifty carloads of manure---to no avail. The demon was still there, and the fire kept happily burning. Something drastic had to be done, a consecrated host was placed inside a loaf of bread and thrown into the flames, and then blessed water was mixed with mile given by a nurse of above-reproach conduct and spread over the demon and the burning pyramid. This the visitor could not stand, he whistled in a most horrible fashion and flew away.
:)

Back