• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Basic question on "deception."

Ankhes

Skilled Investigator
Last night I listened to the latest episode; the one with Eric Julien. Sorry, I don't recall if it was Gene or David who mentioned this; but one of them brought up the point that, if I'm stating it correctly, the history of alien contactees shows a pattern of deception on the part of the aliens.
I am relatively new to learning more about the UFO phenomena (more in-depth than tv shows and some poorly written books, I mean) and I hadn't read or heard about this. It makes sense, however, and I am quite interested in this.

Can anyone point me in a good direction on where I can find out more about this? Any good links or interviews or articles or such? Or if Gene and David have spoken about this at length? I have all the Paracast episodes downloaded, but being new to the show, I am listening to the most recent before moving back to the older shows. If they have spoken of this, can someone tell me on which episode?

Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

Google "Jacques Vallee Messengers of Deception" that should return a bunch of links to branch off from.

In my opinion Vallee is probably the most rational and widely respected writer on this particular aspect. You will also find a ton of links by mostly American evangelical types that are obsessed with the Book of Revelations/rapture/end-times that are convinced aliens are the work of Satan intent on deceiving you into not accepting their particular apocolyptic interpretation of their particular version of the Bible. These people love to quote Vallee, often completely out of context.

The deception aspect is a very interesting one. One of the central themes put forth by commenters on the deception aspect is that often times it seems that the visitors present themselves in a way tailored to be just at the edge of a person's comprehension but always beyond the ability to verify. For example, the contactees of the 1950's were often told by the visitors that they were from Venus or Uranus at a time when most people thought that this just might be possible but couldn't actually verify. Once we began to get good data on the local planets the visitors started claiming that they were from other stars. This is just one extremely generalized and oversimplified example.

The deception aspect is really a whole area of study from which you have to sort through what may be genuine physical contact experiences, channeling experiences, hoaxes, delusions, cult ideology, utopian/dystopian desires, memes, psyops by intelligence services, popular culture and so on.

There exist large bodies of contactee messages that relate tales of hostile and friendly visitors with a variety of physical, spiritual and interdimensional origins and motives.

The only thing I feel we can say for certain is that not all contact experiences are the same and if we are to generalize the entire body of claimed contact experiences we can state that the messages, both directly delivered and implied are contradictory.

Looking on Amazon, much to my shock and chagrin, it seems virtually all of Vallee's books are now out of print. W. T. F.!? I guess my first edition Vallee books are gonna just keep appreciating.

Thanks so much, Dorkbot! Yes, the whole idea is quite interesting and definately something to keep in mind when people relate their experiences. After all, who is to assume that an alien would always tell the truth? And the fact that they keep out of the contactees' range of comprehension is telling.

I know the name Jacques Vallee...I had forgotten it. I must have seen his books at one time or another.

But for now I'll Google what you suggested. Thanks again!

Back