• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Backing off from the ET hypothesis....

Strategic Deception

Paranormal Novice
Hello all, I found The Paracast a couple years ago & have downloaded & enjoyed numerous episodes since then. Gene & Chris's style & knowledge of the subject are great, and Gene's voice sounds an awful lot like that of actor Jeff Goldblum, which I find pleasant. :)

What made me sign up for the forum was the excellent July 20, 2014 episode with James Carrion (author of _The Rosetta Deception_), which I thought presented some crucial facts & opinions that more peoople interested in this topic need to spend more time considering. I've been intensely interested in UFOs for years & years now, and read a fair number of books on the subject (probably more than any other single subject I've read about, I'll put it that way)---enough to have been convinced there is something real behind the phenomena. Until recently, I figured the ET hypothesis was the most likely answer, and I even gave it a very high probability rating in my mind that ETs were the answer, I'm talking, oh, 90% convinced......What else could explain the picture that emerged from all those credible stories? Surely there was something behind it, something more than just confused yokels or scheming con-artists, so ET seemed pretty likely to me, the more I read....

But then over the past couple years, I've been disillusioning myself on a different-yet-strangely-related topic: the psychedelic revolution of the 1960s, which I used to see as a cool, organic, positive social development in American society.......Well recently I've been discovering that it was probably just an intentional continuation & extension of MK-ULTRA, and that the government *wanted* kids drugging themselves with these mind-altering chemicals, and that guys like Timothy Leary were basically CIA agents promoting all of that 'psychedelic' non-sense ("I give the CIA a total credit for sponsoring and initiating the entire consciousness movement, counterculture events of the 1960s." -Timothy Leary), and that the LSD wave wasn't the genie-out-of-the-bottle scenario they like to paint, but rather that they were intentionally glamorizing & hyping this stuff to foist on society, to distract & neutralize the more rebellious & non-conformist types from protesting in a more reasonable, socially functional ways.

And the more I've thought about it, the more likely it's seemed to me that the topic of UFOs is probably more full of this kind of Controlled Opposition trickery than we'd like to imagine.....James Carrion was so compelling that I ordered his book before I'd even finished the podcast! Can't wait to read it----unfortunately, this is really striking me as the solution to much of the great UFO Mystery of the 20th Century.........I'd like to believe some of the cases are truly ET, but that desire-to-believe is something I'm afraid The Powers That Be have clinically identified, seized on & exploited, for their own social-planning, psy-op purposes. Can't wait to read the book! Big thanks to The Paracast for introducing me to it!

So anyway, I just wanted to say hello as a new forum member, and thank Gene & Chris & all the great guests for making the best UFO-related show around!

-'SD'

Welcome to the forum. :) Sounds like you are in full realization that the UFO mystery is very real but utterly confounding hall of mirrors.

Re LSD and its history and relationship to American society, you won't find a much better read than "Storming Heaven: LSD and the American Dream", by Jay Stevens.

Stevens never does quite manage to resolve the issue of whether, or if, LSD would have found its way into the mainstream social upheaval of the 1960's without the aid of government experimentation on unknowing members of the American public. But it's a fascinating and information rich history of the subject.

I have taken LSD in my youth. (I guess I will never be appointed to the Supreme Court. Drat). With my experiences and those of others, I can tell you that no authoritarian government would ever want its citizens to take such drugs. They allow people to see the world in strange new ways with what I would consider a higher consciousness. This can easily (as in my case) destroy any indoctrination to God and Country. Instead, such a government, with an intent at control, would do its best to ban all such drugs.

I have taken LSD in my youth. (I guess I will never be appointed to the Supreme Court. Drat). With my experiences and those of others, I can tell you that no authoritarian government would ever want its citizens to take such drugs. They allow people to see the world in strange new ways with what I would consider a higher consciousness. This can easily (as in my case) destroy any indoctrination to God and Country. Instead, such a government, with an intent at control, would do its best to ban all such drugs.

I've never taken entheogens, but find their relationship to life and human consciousness most fascinating.

Your comment about permanent changes in world view acquired in "the other world", and LSD's ability to produce them for either good or ill, seems the recurrent theme of Stevens' book.

I've never taken entheogens, but find their relationship to life and human consciousness most fascinating.

Your comment about permanent changes in world view acquired in "the other world", and LSD's ability to produce them for either good or ill, seems the recurrent theme of Stevens' book.
I went into each LSD experience wanting to grow in consciousness. I know friends who took LSD just for the hedonistic pleasure, e.g., being able to see brilliant colors and say "far out" about a 1000 times. Such people with that intent did not seem to grow or change their world view at all. So I would suggest that intent is important.

Back