• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 20, 2017 — David Booher with Jerome Clark

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
All right, so David Booher is inexperienced as radio guests go, but he had all his facts on hand, and it made for a fascinating episode. A real mystery that.

I was especially glad to have Jerry Clark on board for his perspective.

After The Paracast this week might be Part II of last week's episode. This time, Randall and I talked with Tim Beckley, who can be almost as talkative as Allen Greenfield when he gets going. Some fascinating memories there.

As always, if you're not a subscriber to The Paracast+, why not?

Check out: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Something strange happened to Irwin. I suppose what it has to do with UFOs is that he saw one right before the incident. There's not enough evidence to conclude that he was abducted, though that remains a possibility.

I'll just leave this right here, in case someone wants to use it for an avatar or something.

zTRyu3J.jpg

Current comments it seems not one for the bag. Looking forward to After the Paracast (extra time) show with historical Paranormal investigators. :);) Right, listen to the first part lack of memory maybe be a number of medical issues seek medical attention. Agree with the Barney and Betty Case connections to military installations. Who knows and no doubt he would have signed a national security act document as he served. Questions still to ask whats his families military background? Did the person have earlier childhood encounters ?and sleep paralysis? Weather at the time of the so-called abduction?

Last edited:
Dissociative Amnesia is usually associated with some sort of trauma, but some references I ran across said that it could also be genetic. This article describes an example:

Losing Time: The Insidious Nature of Dissociative Amnesia - HealthyPlace ( read the follow-up posts by readers too ).

Given that Irwin was in the armed forces, I wouldn't be surprised to find that he had some sort of PTSD, and I didn't hear that there was any attempt to discover the possibility of a traumatic event in his life at any point other than the strange light he saw. There were also suggestions that the experience stemmed from something that started when he was very young. We don't know what that cause was. So maybe it had nothing to do with any aliens or conspiracies or cover-ups or anything. It could just be a totally natural fairly rare genetic disorder they didn't understand that fired up people's imaginations about what might have happened to him.

Last edited:
All right, so David Booher is inexperienced as radio guests go, but he had all his facts on hand, and it made for a fascinating episode. A real mystery that.

I was especially glad to have Jerry Clark on board for his perspective.

Well, if Booher was inexperienced as a radio guest, he did quite well. As you say, he did appear to have information to hand, but it was heavy going. Maybe we're being spoilt by the experience and delivery of most other guests.

This was a very important episode because of the significance of the case historically speaking, and all the facts of the case were laid bare. For anyone who is interested in abduction events this definitely feels like the prototype for all to come afterwards: questionable military involvement, bizarre physiological effects following the incident, hypnosis and truth serum, a trance like state where the subject is operating on autopilot, the special intelligence that has been in contact with the subject for years....this one really had me head scratching all the way through for how it intersects with all the other abduction reports and claims I've read. Combined with the Vallee episode that I listened to back to back with this one I was once again reminded of how important the materialist role is in the study of paranormality. Something very strange happened to this man and there is no central answer to it. Like in any conversation with or research into abductees we never can get at truth but the questions and suspicions are quite exceptional. While he wasn't a very fluid guest he had all the facts and completed excellent research. To hear J.C. alongside for this episode was a great bonus. It's always interesting to get an in depth look at little known cases during the early forays that lead us into the modern ufological era.

Just finished this episode this past weekend. While Booher may not have been the most dynamic guest, his information was worthy. As an archivist that works closely with historians, I can tell you most researchers/historians/authors are not usually overly entertaining in this format.

Back