• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

August 13, 2017 — Tim Beckley, Jerome Clark, Allen Greenfield and Rick Hilberg

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
A class reunion?

Well, maybe.

So when you get the likes of Tim Beckley, Jerome Clark, Allen Greenfield and Rick Hilberg in a single room, even if it's virtual, sparks can sometimes fly.

You'll see when I mean when you listen to the episode.

We also brought back Jerry and Allen to this weekend's After The Paracast episode for an extended discussion. This isn't just to sell Paracast+ subscriptions, but the two shows ought to be heard together for three hours of fascinating, thought-provoking talk.

You can find more information about After The Paracast and The Paracast+ from:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Lively!!! in a word.

Appreciated the well-experienced guest insights, and the hash-out discussions of various things on both shows.

Thanks also for airing my questions about Jerry Clark's encyclopedia. Maybe something will come out of it. I hope.

I’m going to press Beckley to look into it. He knows how to deal with other publishers.
Good plan. I've already sent them an email asking for a non-exclusive copyright so I can integrate it into the USI website. In the meantime, copyright doesn't actually apply to factual material, and doesn't necessarily extend to forms of media other than the original form it was copyrighted in. So there may be a case to be made that it can be reproduced or translated to electronic form without technically infringing on copyright anyway. Tim also made a good point about the likelihood of any complaint actually happening if nobody cares what's being done with it anyway.

Clark did say it was a weird experience when he last talked to them. I wonder what exactly that means? It conjures up images of dark suited mystery officials being the ones behind the original commission to the publisher. Clark was just hired to compile the thing. So the real client could have been anybody, including the MIB.

Last edited:
Great show and debate about founding military researchers who had to deal with all the tinfoil hat brigade. Sounds like you guys should off keep a close click organisation and kept away from those groups which it seems were infiltrated chasing the KGB. On another note, late Rudolph Hess archives were being released two days ago. Like the Bentwaters Case, these files will be cleaned no doubt of the good stuff.

Great show and debate about founding military researchers who had to deal with all the tinfoil hat brigade. Sounds like you guys should off keep a close click organisation and kept away from those groups which it seems were infiltrated chasing the KGB. On another note, late Rudolph Hess archives were being released two days ago. Like the Bentwaters Case, these files will be cleaned no doubt of the good stuff.
I found it a bit odd that Clark thinks there's been no cover-up. It seems fairly obvious from the evidence obtained via FOIA that the initial claims that no such evidence existed were patently false, and this has been repeated over and over again, not to mention that we can see "Secret" stamped on many of the documents that have been released, which means "don't tell the public". Tim Good's book "Beyond Top Secret" and Dolan's UFO's and The National Security State add page upon page upon page.

Add the outright refusal to let UFO researchers see evidence like the photo Irene Clarke mentioned, and the untouched photos people like Donna Hare discovered, and who knows what else? Jet's have chased them. So there must be records of that, and if jets chased them they must have been detected somehow, but they won't disclose evidence of either the chase events or how they were detected, except in a couple of foreign cases. Last but not least, orders have been given to only release information to the public when the object could be clearly identified as something mundane, and on and on the evidence goes. All this can be found by reading the right stuff.

Given all that we've been able to ascertain publicly, I don't see how anyone can rationally assume that there's so little going on behind the scenes that it's just casually dumped into some bin and forgotten about. If that's the case, then the people whose job it is to figure out what unknown craft are flying around indiscriminately over the nations of the world should bloody well be fired, because it's their job to figure that out. Are we really supposed to believe that when some UFO comes streaking in at hypersonic speed over US air space that nobody is going to notice or care? That's simply preposterous.

Last edited:
Liked the show.

Would like to hear more about John Keel

I don't recall who it was, but someone said he thought the bizarre calls Keel got while in the Point Pleasant area were the pranks of Barker and Mosley, and that Keel swallowed it hook line and sinker (I'm paraphrasing). Whoever it was apparently thought Keel was a complete dumbass. Anyway, Keel's notes from the time tell a different story. He got lots of strange calls in '67 and of course his frienemies were the usual suspects. It's really worth looking into at the blog where Keel's friend Doug Skinner so ably publishes Keel's notes from back then. John Keel was a bright, resourceful and capable person who survived some serious "messing with" from somewhere, and came through it far better than most fearless investigators would have, I think. He followed some weird people into an ever-changing hall of mirrors in the summer of '67.

JOHN KEEL

I found it a bit odd that Clark thinks there's been no cover-up. It seems fairly obvious from the evidence obtained via FOIA that the initial claims that no such evidence existed were patently false, and this has been repeated over and over again, not to mention that we can see "Secret" stamped on many of the documents that have been released, which means "don't tell the public". Tim Good's book "Beyond Top Secret" and Dolan's UFO's and The National Security State add page upon page upon page.

Add the outright refusal to let UFO researchers see evidence like the photo Irene Clarke mentioned, and the untouched photos people like Donna Hare discovered, and who knows what else? Jet's have chased them. So there must be records of that, and if jets chased them they must have been detected somehow, but they won't disclose evidence of either the chase events or how they were detected, except in a couple of foreign cases. Last but not least, orders have been given to only release information to the public when the object could be clearly identified as something mundane, and on and on the evidence goes. All this can be found by reading the right stuff.

Given all that we've been able to ascertain publicly, I don't see how anyone can rationally assume that there's so little going on behind the scenes that it's just casually dumped into some bin and forgotten about. If that's the case, then the people whose job it is to figure out what unknown craft are flying around indiscriminately over the nations of the world should bloody well be fired, because it's their job to figure that out. Are we really supposed to believe that when some UFO comes streaking in at hypersonic speed over US air space that nobody is going to notice or care? That's simply preposterous.

@Usual Suspect #NailedIt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a cover up.

But I think the cover up is more about "we don't know what the hell is going on or what to do about it" with a side order of "I don't want to be stuck with this tar baby."

I think there's a cover up. But I think the cover up is more about "we don't know what the hell is going on or what to do about it" with a side order of "I don't want to be stuck with this tar baby."
I've heard that before and while it appeals to anti-establishment type thinking, which I confess I find more entertaining than serious politics, I also think it deflects the issue by suggesting that the PTB don't have anything more substantial to offer than anyone else. While that is probably true to a certain extent with select departments and agencies, it also seems very likely that there are other people who are in the know, and that what they know would serve to prove that alien visitation is real to even the hardest of fair-minded skeptics.

Personally, I'd like to know what that evidence is, but I don't need it to convince me, and neither do a lot of other people. But the disclosure agenda is serving to reinforce the idea that unless the PTB tells us what they have, then we don't really know alien visitation is real ( when in fact we do ). So it's become erosive rather than constructive. We need another approach.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Astronauts? We would have loved to have talked to Edgar Mitchell, and there may be one or two others. But this current crew is mostly doing low-space duty if/when they are selected to go.

Astronauts? We would have loved to have talked to Edgar Mitchell, and there may be one or two others. But this current crew is mostly doing low-space duty if/when they are selected to go.
Gene,
With your technology expertise surely, you can one of the members to get in touch over there. Yes agree on low orbit but let's see where they take us?

Back