• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aubrey De Grey do you want to live forever? vs Alex Jones Endgame

freemars2259

Skilled Investigator
Aubrey De Grey who wants to use technology to live forever would make a good guest on the show, as would Alex Jones who believes that the global elite want to use technology to live forever. The two seem poles apart on transhumanism, it would be interesting to get both sides of the argument.

Here is a link to a documentary featuring Aubrey De Grey, Do You Want To Live Forever:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3329065877451441972&q=do+you+want+to+live+forever&total=489&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Here is a link to Alex Jones' new documentary film, Endgame:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1070329053600562261&q=endgame&total=1592&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

I was flipping through the radio channels the other day when Jones came on, and I listened long enough to hear him call Glenn Beck and Anderson Cooper "evil demons" and "incredibly wicked and evil people." I'm not a fan of Beck or Cooper, but accusing them of being in league with satanic forces is even stupider than they are.

I've seen the Jones documentary. Nothing in it constitutes evidence for the claims he makes. See my other posts in the "endgame" thread for more.

I don't know much about De Gray other than that he's a biologist of some sort who believes that he can modify the human genome to eliminate aging. Sounds fascinating but my knowledge of biology is pretty basic.

I'm not a fan of Jones, but I would like a 9/11 show. I've got the impression they aren't real into that though, since it isn't paranormal.

Living forever smells like snake oil. Pity he just doesn't keep it at, "Living longer".

Does anyone have anything to say good or bad about transhumanism. I myself am against the idea of playing God and making big changes to the human race.

I've seen Doctor Who, we will end up like the Cybermen and Daleks. Here is a link to a cool Trailer for Genesis Of The Daleks:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=15yKfxzf3Sg

jones speaks the truth for the most part. endgame IMO is right on the money. we are screwed. the only thing that will end the madness is a ET landing in public view.

freemars2259 said:
Does anyone have anything to say good or bad about transhumanism. I myself am against the idea of playing God and making big changes to the human race.

I'm 100% on board with transhumanism, so long a it works. Stronger smarter, easily repairable, essentially immortal barring catastrophe... people object to this? Are they nuts?! This is the fundamental dream of human kind. Biological evolution has done us alright up til now but we pretty much jumped off that track the day we invented air conditioning. Time to take the reigns, after all it's the goddam 21st century already!

CapnG said:
I'm 100% on board with transhumanism, so long a it works. Stronger smarter, easily repairable, essentially immortal barring catastrophe... people object to this? Are they nuts?! This is the fundamental dream of human kind. Biological evolution has done us alright up til now but we pretty much jumped off that track the day we invented air conditioning. Time to take the reigns, after all it's the goddam 21st century already!

My thoughts as well. You can lament the good ole days when we ate from our own farms and died at 35 and cower in fear of what the future holds, or you can trudge forward into that uncertain future with open eyes. The humans of 2050 might be wire-ridden androids linked to massive supercomputers, which might strike fear into the hearts of some people. But that's only because those people assume that we know what humans are right now.

Whether one's life is dominated by fear or not, I feel that's the key to this subject and many others.

But then again, I'm one of those wacky people who thinks that the future is predetermined and cannot be altered.

Is there anyone else who thinks that playing around with our race trying to make 'improvements' is a bad idea, Davros from Doctor Who tried that and looked what happened to him:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TXrUyOurnOI

freemars2259 said:
Is there anyone else who thinks that playing around with our race trying to make 'improvements' is a bad idea, Davros from Doctor Who tried that and looked what happened to him

I am a Doctor Who fan but honestly, while Daleks and Cybermen make fine science fiction, they're not really something I can see becoming science fact. Let's face it, we humans are VAIN creatures, we like how we look, so much the better if we can "perfect" ourselves (just think of the millions spent on plastic surgery, diet books and gym memberships every year).

So the idea of sealing ourselves in clunky exo-armour or genetically engineering ourselves into blobs of goo, riding around in one-man tanks seems unikely to me. If there's to be a sci-fi analog, I'd go with Ghost in the Shell. We'll still look like us, just better.

Did you know that when Kit Pedlar (co-creator of the cybermen) first wrote "The Tenth Planet" the first Cyberman story for Doctor who in 1966 he imagined them being very different to what was seen, he wanted them to be tall, blond and handsome. Whatever transhumans will look like it's still a bad idea to try and create so called 'superior' 'perfect' beings, it always ends bad both in sci-fi and the real world, like the original concept for the Cybermen, Adolf Hitler's supermen were tall blond and handsome as well. In the real world monsters are sometimes good looking. I think when Kit Pedlar created the Cybermen and Tery Nation created the Daleks they were trying to warn people about the dangers of letting scientists or even futurists do what they wanted without checks.

Also think of all the failed experiments that will have to be conducted on human beings before the technology to create transhumans can be perfected, you can't play with human life like that, not unless your a mad scientist. Sadly however I think it will happen, as Alex Jones points out well in his film Endgame we never learn from our history.

Alex Jones would be a good guest to talk about the dark side of the transhumanism movement. Here is a good short clip from endgame:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2900862928394447521&q=transhumanism+endgame&total=16&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

freemars2259 said:
Also think of all the failed experiments that will have to be conducted on human beings before the technology to create transhumans can be perfected, you can't play with human life like that, not unless your a mad scientist.

Not necessarily. I think amputees would line up to do human trials for cloned limb replacements. We could offer prisoners shorter scentences for co-operation or cash incentives to the homeless. What about the terminally ill? If you were gonna die anyway, wouldn't you jump at a chance to live? Nobody need be forced to do anything, I guarantee that given a choice, despite the risks, people would volunteer.

And yes, there would be accidents, problems and deaths. There are bound to be in any human endeavour but the benfits would be incredible. Remember; omlettes and eggs.

Wonder how well this guy's stuff would fly, if he was more well known. A seeming no brainer (to me at least) is stem cell research, yet there are many against it.

Folks, some of you talk about Alex Jones a lot. Now listen, I certainly don't have all of the answers, so I'm not telling you to believe me instead. But I am telling you actually to check out Jones' claims for yourself, go back to his sources, read them, and you will see that he ALWAYS gets his sources wrong. Perhaps not always, but every time I've ever actually gone to his sources to check the veracity of his claims, he has always misinterpreted them, always. And he does it in a really strange way; I think that the belief system he has created requires a huge amount of self-deception. I agree that there are unanswered questions regarding 9/11 and the North American Union agenda, but that does not justify the fantastic leaps in thinking that he takes.

Anyone who can actually watch his Bohemian Grove footage and come away thinking that those asshats were participating in Babylonian Idol Worship is just plain idiotic.

Please, for your own sakes, stop parroting his name like little cult members and actually check his claims. He is full of shit. Period.

Yes there is no doubt Alex Jones does make mistakes, in one of his films he gets the Duke of Edinburgh confused with the (former King) Duke of Windsor, and in Endgame he claims the Duke of Windsor renounced the throne because he was a Nazi supporter (which he probably to some extent was) when the real reason was because he wanted to marry an American divorcee Wallis Simpson. So if Jones can get that wrong he can get other things wrong.
However to be fair to Jones he frequently admits he makes mistakes and asks his audience to chick out his claims. He may get things wrong and misinterpret things but I think he is right about the core of what he talks about, there is a global elite who want a global government controlled by them. And on the topic of transhumanism I am in agreement with him, there is a dark side to that movement, just as there was a dark side to the eugenics movement in the 20th century as seen in Nazi Germany.

Back