• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Asteroid YU55 and Fema test on Wed

spanmexguy

Paranormal Novice
Ok,I am kinda freaked out right now. I just got a phone call from my cousin who is currently active in the National Guard and presently in Virginia. She said that her lead commanding officer is instructing her to inform her loved ones that on 11/9/11 there will be an emergency broadcast system announcement that will be supposedly a test but will actually be the real thing.

My cousin is not the one to invent something like this. She's asked me to let the rest of our family know.

She said to stock up on food and water, clothes, full tank of gas, etc because there will be widespread panic after the supposed government announcement connected to this "event".

I did a search and found out that the comet YU55 is suppose to pass between earth and the moon on 11/8 and that there is also a nationwide tsunami warning test on 11/9 as well.

Any thoughts on these things??? In reality, I wouldn't care so much for the conspiracy theorist websites proclaiming the end of the world on Wednesday, but because it came from my cousin personally, I am quite concerned.

God bless

Hi spamexguy,
Its been in the media down under and the broadcaster here suggests it should miss the earth and the moon? However, don't panic ,try to stay cool and god bless.

As for the FEMA test I worked in broadcast for a number of years and emergency system tests are not that unusual. The thing about this one is that they are doing it during the day which is odd as we did or ones at night and it was nothing more than a test pattern or test tone. To be blunt a test of this kind is not really needed now days as the modern systems in place now can do communication tests in the background. I really am as an engineer a little baffled as to why you would run a test of this kind whole sale during the day?
If it is nothing more than a point to point server to broadcast test you can do this without actually broadcasting to know that the systems do in fact meet up and will go to air when needed. So having said all that it would be interesting to hear what the engineers on this project have to say as to the reason why they want to go live with it for three mins. In the end it maybe for the same reasons I always run large PA and coms systems up even when I know it will all talk to each other and run fine.. you never really know that it will work until you turn it all on.

spanmexguy;125223... that on 11/9/11 there will be an emergency broadcast system announcement that will be supposedly a test but will actually be the real thing.[/QUOTE said:
This makes no sense to me. They are planning a real emergency broadcast announcement for the 9th, but are pretending it is going to be a test up until the last minute or something? I think this is just more irrational hand wringing.

As for the FEMA test I worked in broadcast for a number of years and emergency system tests are not that unusual. The thing about this one is that they are doing it during the day which is odd as we did or ones at night and it was nothing more than a test pattern or test tone.

Thanks for the info, stonehart. Yeah it does seem odd especially since it hasn't been announced basically at all here in the Los Angeles area. I work for a public agency and my cousin telling me is the first time I hear about it. It kinda all just seems fishy...

I'm putting my skeptic hat on for this one. If there was a catastrophic asteroid-related disaster, I'm afraid all the food, water, and gas you could amass in a couple of weeks wouldn't help you survive the perpetual winter that a collision would bring. No telling what an impact with the moon will do to us.

Obama is scheduled to speak in Denver on the 9th. Congress has been threatening to cut FEMA funding.

Methinks this is just a proposition on behalf of FEMA about just how useful they could be in a major crisis.

Here is a diagram from the Jack Parsons lab of the projected trajectory of the rock.

I'm not particularly worried.
2005_YU55_large.gif

It's simply incremental conditioning (expect more of the same) to lead us up to the non stop propaganda coming from our 1984-ish (emphasis ISH) two way television screens of the future. FEMA just wants us to be safe and take care of us. OK, j/k on that last part.

Back