• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask the Original Teen Ufologists of the 1960s!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
With the help of a section called "Saucer Club News" in Ray Palmer's Flying Saucers magazine and other publications, hundreds of enterprising young people formed their own UFO clubs, or just looked to meet up with others with the same interests.

That's where such people as your humble host of The Paracast and such notables as Tim Beckley, Jerome Clark, Allen Greenfield and Rick Hilberg got their starts.

We all edited and published magazines. Some of us even wrote books on the subject.

And, taking the above examples, a few of us are still at it kicking Ufology's tires in hopes of learning something new and different.

So I've invited some of my long-time friend, listed above, to appear on The Paracast this weekend.

This episode will be recorded Thursday from 1 to 3 PM Pacific. It'll be fun!

Post your questions here.

Having recently attended a Ufo/Paranormal conference with other Paracast members, it was very noticable that there were very few under 40's in attendance.Do the guests have any ideas how to engage the next generations of investigators?

I have two specific questions for Jerome Clark.

Sir, are you planning to make your thorough and vast UFO Encyclopedia available in electronic format as an ebook?

Have you considered developing an online subscription site for that Encyclopedia, so that subscribers from around the world could read and comment on it, article by article?

OK I got the questions in. I thought Tim's answer to Ron's question was probably the most interesting to reflect on. I'm not sure it's the right answer, but it isn't one I've heard before.

You'll especially enjoy the debate between Allen and Jerry. In fact, we are hoping to continue such discussions and other topics on this weekend's After The Paracast. I'll let you know more when it's ready.

You'll especially enjoy the debate between Allen and Jerry. In fact, we are hoping to continue such discussions and other topics on this weekend's After The Paracast. I'll let you know more when it's ready.
Whew ... I wish Jerome had come through better on the ATP, even with all the noise and confusion it was still a real treat to be on with Gene, Jerome & Allen :cool: .

Time Beckley is back on the next ATP and we were discussing the formation of MUFON. I cited the APRO cover-up as a contributing factor, but that was actually more the nail in the coffin for APRO rather than the formation of MUFON ( though APRO limped on until the late 80s ). So Andrus did get a sizable chunk of APRO to split with him in forming MUFON, and more came after the cover-up was exposed, but I don't recall why the initial split came about. Does anyone have any links or info on that?

Back