• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask James E. Clarkson; Also Robert Powell

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
James is the former Washington State Director of MUFON and a highly skilled UFO investigator.

With Regret – Why I Must Leave MUFON Completely

We will be recording this episode Wed. August 2nd from 4 to 6 PM Pacific.

Sorry for the short notice.

James Clarkson is an Investigator who has stood in two worlds for many years – a career professional investigator in the criminal justice field and as a lifelong researcher of the UFO Mystery. He has been a plainclothes military police investigator, a 20-year career city police officer and fraud investigator who has had many titles: patrol supervisor, detective sergeant, fatal accident team manager and training officer. After retiring with 20 years’ service, he became a child abuse detective and then he completed another decade of service as a fraud investigator for a Washington state agency.

Meanwhile, for the last 30 years he has studied the mystery of UFOs with the same attention to detail that he applied to criminal investigations. In 1986, he joined the Mutual UFO Network. James Clarkson has served as the Washington State Director of MUFON. Applying the same passion for solving mysteries to the world of High Strangeness, he has completed over 750 UFO investigations before resigning from MUFON in 2017. He has lectured at many UFO events across the country and in Paris as well as appearances on radio and TV. He is the author of TELL MY STORY- June Crain, the Air Force & UFOs as well as the Westport UFO Crash Retrieval Event.

Q1. Did the late Mrs June Crain ever work for O.S.S?
Q.2 What's your thoughts on Roswell:D and do you think other types of event occurred near India/Pakistan/ Iran/North Korea nuclear facilities?

OK, one more thing:

We've scheduled a special interview with Robert Powell, MUFON's former Director of Research, for this week's episode of After The Paracast.

We've opened the questions here for everyone, even if you're not a member of The Paracast+. But, of course, you'll have to be a subscriber to hear the show.

It'll be recorded Thursday, August 3 from 3 to 4 PM Pacific.

OK OK...:p

Why is it that JZ Knight is embraced as a spirit medium by MUFON and the remainder of the legitimate ET communicating community is ignored?
Sorry I missed that question. Good point. Maybe it has something to do with the 5Gs that JZ is said to have paid to be part of the inner circle.

This show also had a couple of nuggets, particularly the story of June Crain. This would have been a good show to have also had @Decker participate in. If you catch this Don. What's your read on Clarkson? Do you think he's the real deal?

Waller said:

OK OK...:p

Why is it that JZ Knight is embraced as a spirit medium by MUFON and the remainder of the legitimate ET communicating community is ignored?

Sorry I missed that question. Good point. Maybe it has something to do with the 5Gs that JZ is said to have paid to be part of the inner circle.
In fairness, MUFON may not care what people do in their personal and professional life.

Waller said:

"...the legitimate ET communicating community"

This legitimately made me laugh out loud. Thank you. And yes, based on your posts in the forum, I know you were not joking.
There you go!

Just as an aside, which of the ET communicators that you have studied do you think are illegitimate? One? All? Keep in mind what they say about white crows. ;)

I have yet to be convinced any are legitimate. I started in the 1990s reading books by channelers such as Barbara Marciniak, listened to hours of Kryon channeling by Lee Carroll, and read the messages from The Hathors by Tom Kenyon and downloaded Kenyon’s Hathor-inspired music (which I do find relaxing). To list just a few by name. There have been many other books I have read by different authors over the past 2 decades claiming to be the result of “channeled wisdom” from ascended masters, or multi-dimensional beings. I found a lot of it interesting, some of it insightful and spiritually uplifting, but at the end of the day I feel they are just fanciful stories generated by the individual for profit and/or to feel self-important. Most are positive, most aren’t out to hurt anyone, most aren’t virulent racist cult leader wannabes like JZ Knight. Intent is important but evidence even more so.

I’ve also had numerous direct personal experiences with energy healers, aura readers, past life interpreters, psychics, not to mention attended gatherings to hear a channeler share “ET wisdom,” all claiming either contact with, or abilities bestowed by, ETs or ascended masters. Los Angeles is chock full of folks offering up this kind of stuff. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting someone with "special abilities."

I am a seeker. I love the idea of channeling, energy healing, ET communication, etc. I have simply not found (yet), during my travels in this area, any individuals who I ultimately believe are legitimate. No, I have not read every book, or visited/listened to every channeler, but I’ve been exposed to the work of many over the past 2 decades because of my interest in the subject and as a result I’m drawing a broad conclusion based on my own personal experience.

Feel free to share the name(s) of people making the claim of ET channeling/contact you think are legitimate and the related proof that justifies your belief in their legitimacy. Because my search has come up with the conclusion that none of it is based on verifiable evidence, just like the whole question of ETs themselves. If I were simply going suspend common sense and buy into myth and hearsay I would have stayed a Christian, but I dumped that ideology when I was 15yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
... If I were simply going suspend common sense and buy into myth and hearsay I would have stayed a Christian ...
And yet I still get the sense from you that like a number of other people here ( including myself ) you still believe that strange things happen that simply aren't explainable in mundane terms?

Actually, during the After The Paracast episode, Robert Powell only spent a few minutes on MUFON, but most of the interview on his research and theories. It's really one of the better episodes of our premium podcast.

Back