• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Jacques Vallee

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Nuff said.

We're recording this episode Wed bfrom Noon until 2 PM Pacific time.

The interview is on the occasion of the publication of the three volumes of Forbidden Science by Anomalist Books.

Dr. Vallee, from 1977 until today, the last 40 years, have you learned anything new about the UFO phenomenon?

Is there today an international "invisible college" of scientists who are investigating the UFO phenomenon?

To your knowledge, are there any government authorities or groups that are specifically involved in investigating UFO phenomenon?

Thank you.

1. Do you feel the UFO phenomenon is as powerful in its (direct) influence today as it was in the 40's to 60's (is the phenomenon itself as "strong" as it used to be)?
  2. How can we test your "control system" hypothesis to see if you're on the right track?

I would like to ask can Mr Vallee explain the lack of credible photographic evidence of the UFO phenomenon?

Kind Regards

I’d just like to follow up your question with an observation & a couple of questions.

Some years ago while listening to either a CBS, or, NBC, international radio broadcast, Jacques engaged in a brief interview whereas he related receiving image(s) of an aerial anomaly taken from inside of a residence (apartment?) looking out into downtown Paris. Therefore, my question to Jacques would be; does he possess images of aerial anomalies that he considers as otherworldly, and if so, would he consider releasing the images to the public at some point in time?

BTW, just wanted to let Jacques know that after receiving two copies of the limited edition of : "Wonders in the Sky" (via Indegogo) , I was very pleased with its presentation.

Last edited by a moderator:
QUESTIONS:

1. In your view, is visitation by craft from outside the boundaries and constructs of our civilization an objectively real thing, or are all the reports just myth and legend and fairy mounds?

2. Your description of what you mean by "dimensions" seems to have shifted or evolved over time. Can you clarify for us exactly what you mean now when you are referring to other "dimensions" as a possible origin for UFOs?

Last edited:
Some things I'd like to know:
  1. I'd be curious if his five arguments against the ETH still hold true in his mind. When I read this list, it reads as very anthropocentric to me.
  2. I'd be curious - as a scientist - if he'd explain what exactly he means by the 'Interdimensional hypothesis.' This seems to require a lot of things to be true to be a valid explanation - for example, that there are other dimensions that are real and not mathematical abstractions, that intelligence as we understand it could exist there, and that you could get here from there. All of that has no evidence, so why is that any more a valid proposal than 'they're magic?'
  3. As a computer scientist, how has he approached this subject differently than other explorers in this field? He's one that I deeply respect and admire, and I welcome his return to it - but I'd also like to make sure we pass it on to the next generation. What can others learn from his approach and experience?
  4. Could he talk more about the early experiences referenced in his Wikipedia article:
In May 1955, Vallée first sighted an unidentified flying object over his Pontoise home. Six years later in 1961, while working on the staff of the French Space Committee, Vallée claims to have witnessed the destruction of the tracking tapes of an unknown object orbiting the earth. The particular object was a retrograde satellite – that is, a satellite orbiting the earth in the opposite direction to the earth's rotation. At the time he observed this, there were no rockets powerful enough to launch such a satellite, so the team was quite excited as they assumed that the Earth's gravity had captured a natural satellite (asteroid). He claims that an unnamed superior came and erased the tape. These events contributed to Vallée's long-standing interest in the UFO phenomenon.

Jacques Vallée - Wikipedia

There are some great questions here!
Since I always miss getting my question in on time, could you add this one next time you have Vallee on? Pretty please??

At your Contact in the Desert 2017 talk you ended it with a call for the public to bring forth samples for testing.
Did you receive any samples from this request?

Thank you!

It'll be easier than remembering to come back here when we ask questions.

If he's coming back later this year, how hard would it be to link to the questions presented here in preparing for that interview? I don't think it's too much to ask that these questions not be tossed in the circular file.

Back