• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ask Alejandro Rojas and Robert Powell!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
My good friend Alejandro Rojas, of OpenMinds, is smart, engaged and always interesting.

We'll be catching up on UFO lore with the emphasis on modern stuff, rather than 70-year-old cases. You'll also get a preview of the forthcoming International UFO Congress, which will be held February 15-17, 2017 in Fountain Hills, AZ.

Alejandro Rojas writes and blogs about science, entertainment, and the paranormal. Alejandro has spent many hours in the field investigating anomalous phenomena up close and personal. He is the editor and contributing writer for OpenMinds.tv, and, among others, has been featured on the Travel Channel, Syfy, National Geographic, and E!.

The second half of the show will feature Robert Powell, MUFON's Director of Research and head of their Science Review Board. He is one of two authors of the detailed radar/witness report on the “Stephenville Lights” as well as the SCU report "UAP: 2013 Aguadilla, Puerto Rico". Robert is also a member of the Society for Scientific Exploration, the UFODATA project, and the National Space Society. Robert is active with FOIA requests to various government organizations to obtain information on historical cases and is a co-author of a book published in July 2012: UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry.

Like the current guest of researchers with a some science background who are just chipping away.

Q.1 Alejandro : What is you most credible UFO eyewitness you have encounter who saw so called non human beings?

Q.2 What your thoughts on the late Ingo Swann and his scientific " PK" experiments at the CIA in the 1970s?

Q,3 With your academic background what made you choose to research ufology/paranormal?

Last edited:
Q. Should Ufology make a concerted effort to put Roswell on the back burner?

Q. Will you be examining any of the newly-declassified CIA files - some of which UFO and other paranormal content. (Interesting how once again a govt. agency that has denied holding such documents has been forced into admitting they in fact do.

Q. How's the back?

Greetings Alejandro,

What role do you see the Intl. UFO Congress taking in relation to other (older) conventions, such as the MUFON Intl. Symposium? Specifically, how will Open Minds productions seek to distance the UFO Congress from similar conventions that seem to pander to a more true-believer perspective? Sub-queston: Are you seeing more young people in attendance at the Congress and, if not, what does this bode for the future UFO research?

Robert,
It has long been my understanding that some of the best work in UFO research is done away from the public eye, and as part of the Invisible College. Can you speak a little about the work you've done with Mike Swords, an eminent "Professor" of the Invisible College, who is little known in UFOlogical circles but has contributed a great deal to the field?

Some of the best minds rarely seek the limelight, and your book UFOs and Government is essential reading. Thank you for your contributions!

Thanks,

CuCullen

Last edited:
I have to say that Robert Powell was the definitive Jesus.

What are the major differences between the manifestation of the phenomenon today compared with 20 to 30 years ago?

- Robert, regarding the Aguadilla, Puerto Rico UAP, is there any update on the French Sigma-3AF full review of the SCU report? The SCU site still says the full review was expected in December, 2015.

By the way, UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry is one of the finest books I’ve read on UFOs.

- Alejandro, I’ve heard you refer to your UFO sighting, but never heard you describe it. What happened in your sighting, and is that what started your interest in UFOs?

• After decades of research What is Mufon's current hypothesis as to the reality of the UFO phenomenon?
  • If MUFON don't have a hypothesis after all this time ...
  1. Are you embarrassed?
  2. Is it time to step aside and let someone else have a go?
  3. Should you be putting one in place just to put your research findings up to test it?
  4. Have MUFON at least identified what they would need to put a hypothesis together if thet don't have what they need now?
  • Jan Harzan was on the paracast recently talking about Tesla and Einstein getting their genius downloaded from extra terrestrials and proven technological advancements by humans being back engineered from the roswell crash....
  1. Are you embarrassed?
  2. Do you watch ancient aliens together or is it just him?
  3. No seriously, how does Jans views relate to yours and are they adding credibility to MUFON?
Alejandro... as a progressive and intelligent UFO thinker (see recent interview with UFO philosopher MJ Banias on open minds) have you outgrown the thinking and contribution of MUFON and is it time to start your own organisation who may actually move the UFO issue forward?

Questions for both guests:

What is your opinion on what UFOs are and what is this opinion based on?

Which researchers or writers in the UFO field do you most respect and why?

Are there any people that you think are seriously damaging the field that you would be prepared to mention?

Many thanks

Fantastic response to questions request people; some great questions too - If I get time I'll ask as many as I can (I may be standing in for Chris again this week) and I'll try to ask at least one question from each of you.

Back