• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Armed Alien Soldier Caught Stalking Rover

Tyger

Paranormal Adept
ARMED ALIEN SOLDIER CAUGHT STALKING THE CURIOSITY ROVER – IS NASA IN DANGER? - Photos sent back by Curiosity show what looks like an armored alien soldier keeping an eye on the curious Rover. Is NASA under surveillance?
LINK: ARMED ALIEN SOLDIER CAUGHT STALKING THE CURIOSITY ROVER – IS NASA IN DANGER?
TEXT: While searching through NASA images captured by the SUV-sized explorer, the owner of YouTube channel Paranormal Crucible made a strange discovery that could constitute yet another piece of evidence towards proving Martian life exists. Or once existed. Sitting amid the dust and boulders on the Martian surface was a figure eerily reminiscent of a buff warrior wearing combat armor and holding what looks like a gun. An alien soldier perhaps? The weird appearance doesn’t appear to be a living creature but rather a stone sculpture that has somehow managed to stand the red planet’s harsh test of time.

If this is a statue indeed, it was definitely meant to represent something. The menacing look and defiant stance attest to its possible warlike character. That would be quite fitting.

In Roman mythology, Mars was the god of war and the Solar System’s fourth planet was named after him. Seeing Mars in the sky was considered an omen and its apparition often foretold conflict. Did the ancients know something about Mars, something that was lost over time? Or was the naming just a coincidence? “This intriguing object looks artificial in nature and in my opinion is an ancient statuette,” the video description reads. “The odd thing about this one is that it does resemble an alien grey or possibly an insect type species of alien.”

This discovery has given rise to much dissension between alien enthusiasts and skeptics, with one side claiming proof of ancient aliens on Mars has been found and the other invoking the pareidolia pretext. Pareidolia refers to a psychological phenomenon where the human mind is somewhat tricked by the sensory input it receives and ends up seeing familiar shapes where there aren’t any. Whenever you look at clouds, for example and you see faces, animals or object, pareidolia is hard at work. When it comes to rocks, the pareidolia phenomenon becomes even more explicit and there’s even a name for it: mimetoliths.

Rocks that have become weathered through erosion and the passing of time often come to resemble faces. The more complex the rock, the greater the chance of seeing a face hidden amid its features. These types of rocks are referred to as mimetoliths, or rocks that mimic. Could this phenomenon account for the numerous sightings of controversial figures and forms on Mars? Or is this just what they would want us to believe? Are the particularities of the human mind being used against those searching for evidence that we are not alone?

UFO enthusiasts are convinced this is the case and there really are things we can’t explain on Mars, the Moon and possibly the rest of outer space. As always, UFO expert Scott Waring expressed his views on the matter. “It’s a bipedal species that has a uniform on,” he wrote on his alien-centered blog. “The alien soldier is wearing a suit and carrying some weapon of sorts. The important question is, is it a statue, or was this person petrified (turned to stone) by a gruesome, yet powerful weapon?”

Wow, now that compounds the mystery. It’s one (major) thing to find evidence of ancient inhabitants in a planet’s distant past in the form of art or artistic depictions such as statues. But discovering the petrified remains of an ancient warrior forever locked in combat position would be something different altogether. His stance would seem to suggest he was ready for something when a cataclysmic event, a Martian Pompeii of sorts froze him in the posture we now see.

Going further along this scenario opens up a majestic can of worms filled with largely unanswerable questions. Was this the result of a cataclysmic but natural event? If so, did it completely wipe out the martians?

Another possibility would be the activation of a horrific weapon capable of petrifying all those it was aimed at. Does this bring to mind yet another ancient myth? Remember the ancient Greeks’ Medusa? Was she of Martian descent? Was she a metaphor for a weapon? A civilization capable of building such a weapon would certainly be much more advanced than we are today. Its members would probably enjoy amenities far superior to those savored by even the most elitist of earthlings.

Space travel wouldn’t pose a problem so we could expect that civilization to have visited Earth when they were still around. But the question is: were there humans on earth at that time? If the answer to this question is yes, it would certainly suggest the ancient gods were flesh-and-bon creatures, the only difference between them and their worshippers being the technological level their culture had reached. The ancient astronaut concept is definitely not alien to alien enthusiasts so this hypothesis keeps its traction with conspiracy and UFO advocacy groups.

In the end, there is no way we can find the truth behind the strange things photographed on Mars save for traveling there and inspecting them ourselves. NASA does not support the alien hypothesis, claiming they are all just rocks. Maybe SpaceX will be more transparent in their disclosures but we still need to wait a few decades until they get there.

In the meantime, we can speculate, so speculate we will.

Last edited:
Ancient Martian Soldier Found On Mars?
TEXT: "Published on Nov 15, 2016: Intriguing object which I spotted while going through the NASA archives. This one definitely looks artificial in nature and in my opinion is an ancient statuette. The odd thing about this one is that it does resemble an alien grey or possibly an insect type species of alien. I have processed and colorized this object in an effort to bring out all the details that I believe are there in the raw image, the only thing I have added is a foot, some of which is there in the original image but almost impossible to make out."

A couple of observations. First, I doubt that the apparent statue shown in the image I linked above is 100 ft. tall and don't know how the researcher who posted it could calculate its height. Secondly, there is to the left of that statue a long line of carved life forms (some humanoid, some animal, as is typical in many such grouped representations visible in the Mars Rover images) and they are not much smaller than the statue. At the same time, this researcher did a very good job of bringing these images out in this satellite image (click the arrows in the image to view two other crops/enhancements of the area).

What is interesting for me is that the same type of being shown in the video @Tyger linked has appeared in several JPL Rover images -- a face somewhat like that of turtle, with a cowl-like wrapping around its neck, sitting cross-legged. I'll soon post one recent image that closely matches this figure in the video, once I retrieve the link to it.

Just one or two general remarks. After studying rover images for more than a year now I have seen many sculpted humanoid and other animal-like figures and even some that appear to be alive, captured while moving in characteristic ways.

There appear to me to be layers of traces of former Mars civilizations represented in eroded and less-eroded carvings and purpose-built structures and machines. There is also unmistakable visual evidence of more advanced artistic technology -- smooth-surfaced and shaped ceramic artefacts gathered in specific areas in Gale Crater, some standing on the ground or on rock ledges, some that have been broken over time revealing their hollow interiors and broken-off fragments lying next to them.

Representational artworks, whether skillfully rendered or primitive, are unquestionably evidence of the presence of intelligent beings of some kind who share with us an aesthetic sense and a desire to mark our presence and memorialize the life-forms among which we/they have lived. It seems to me to be likely that a planet like Mars, which is judged to have suffered a series of massive environmental catastrophes over a long period of time, is a place on which intelligent and creative survivors would commit themselves to preserving visible memorials of a destroyed past.

Last edited:
@Constance, I posted and started the thread on a lark. Not sure I'm hooked but I am interested and would love to see your stuff. :)

Here is a video that should interest you - in the last half they start showing various curiosities, like stones that look 'dressed' - some of what I think you're referencing. I'm not there yet though I agree that some look unusual.

This is Mars 2017
TEXT: "Published on Nov 21, 2016: Scientific Proof of Life, Oxygen, Methane, Ozone, & Flowing Water. The latest test results & images from NASA/JPL."

Glad you are interested in this material, Tyger. There's nothing more fascinating for me than the opportunity to study the archaeological history of Martian civilization through the visible structures and artistic artefacts present in the rover and satellite images released by JPL. The 2017 survey you linked of some of what's been discovered in the last year is excellent. The group of researchers behind that clip post examples of their work every day in ten or twelve forums on facebook and some other websites. I've done some minor work in increasing light and contrast, and adjusting hues latent in the images, usually crops I've taken from gigapans of the areas photographed by the two rovers currently operating, but unfortunately the Paracast computer software doesn't enable me to post examples from the Photobucket cache I use. I will post more images directly from facebook including some of my own since I've discovered that that works.

Here are two links that should post images. The first is Martine Grainey's discovery and enhancement of a figure that looks very similar to the one you posted above. I think that both enhancements have been produced from the same JPL raw image. The second link is to the gigapan produced by Neville Thompson from the entire area surveyed/photographed by Curiosity. If you follow the link to the latter you can get a real idea of the range and depth of focus of the various rover cameras.

Curiosity Sol 1402 Image

sitting figure holding and feeding child

ETA, looks like Martine has sent me the raw data [or a step beyond the raw data, which is usually larger and much darker] in which she found the image rather than her enhancement of the figure. I'll get the link to that later today. The second link goes to the gigapan and has her own label on it. You can explore the gigapan yourself; just go to full screen and use the mouse to move in and out and around in the JPL panorama.

Last edited:
16997375_10154093451576082_1748026303_n.jpg

Here is Martine Grainey's enhancement of the figure posted above. I think it's from the same raw image but can't be sure without finding out the source of the other one. You can enlarge the image in your browser.

Have to say, to me it looks like a rock with a rock on it. The 'child' is impossible to make out (to me) - but I totally see why this looks like something - it's very suggestive. My archaeology-self kicks in and I wonder: how long has it been sitting there? what geologic process (or otherwise) got it into that position? And how I would love to take a stroll over that rock-strewn plain, look at the horizon, feel the dirt between my fingers, but also be able to be home (snug and cozy) in time for dinner. ;) :)

What is meant by the description? The rover made the imprint? Mechanical? Anomaly?

It's not a rover track. It appears to be a mechanical device that's been uncovered. Magnify the image several times in your browser to see it more closely. It might be a water management device from an earlier period, since covered over with sand and somehow uncovered. We've seen some other water management devices in some of the JPL photos.

It's not a rover track. It appears to be a mechanical device that's been uncovered. Magnify the image several times in your browser to see it more closely. It might be a water management device from an earlier period, since covered over with sand and somehow uncovered. We've seen some other water management devices in some of the JPL photos.
How can you be identifying it with such specificity? Water management devices..... so specific. That specificity does not bode well.

I'd have to see the larger context from which this comes.

It might be that I picked that photo up from a FB forum that is a closed group. I'll share it to my own FB page and copy the link from there.

How can you be identifying it with such specificity? Water management devices..... so specific. That specificity does not bode well.

I'd have to see the larger context from which this comes.

Photo by constance523

Try this^ link, from a copy I saved in my photobucket files. Note that you can enlarge the image at photobucket, and then further enlarge it if you like with your browser.

A water management device crossed my mind because, as I might have said, we have seen various kinds of constructions on the surface for control of water flow, holding ponds/tanks, etc.

Back