• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are They Really Among Us?

Visit the all-new Tech Night Owl Store

TDSR

Skilled Investigator
Gene- I preordered, and just received a copy of D.W. Pasulka's (PhD in Religious Studies) new non-fiction book "American Cosmic".....fascinating!!! Pasulka is invited into what she describes as "a fight club" for the highest tier of E.T. ufologists and researchers known as "the Invisibles..." made up of highly influential scientists, silicon valley billionaires, and the highest levels of the MIC. I believe Avi Loeb to be a good example to lend credibility of her accounts.

I am going to have a book review at deepspacepod.com when I finish reading, and I cannot remember a book which I would endorse such as this in a very long time.

Looking forward to a great thread on these "Invisibles"

DavidVincent

Paranormal Maven
a proper scientist - definitely a gold standard level. Is he being invited?

btw re: first article - he's only saying that this is a speculation, he's not asserting that it is alien - rather "prove to me that it's not". he's certainly a contrarian amongst his peers.

GlitteringBadger

Skilled Investigator
Gene- I preordered, and just received a copy of D.W. Pasulka's (PhD in Religious Studies) new non-fiction book "American Cosmic".....fascinating!!! Pasulka is invited into what she describes as "a fight club" for the highest tier of E.T. ufologists and researchers known as "the Invisibles..." made up of highly influential scientists, silicon valley billionaires, and the highest levels of the MIC. I believe Avi Loeb to be a good example to lend credibility of her accounts.

I am going to have a book review at deepspacepod.com when I finish reading, and I cannot remember a book which I would endorse such as this in a very long time.

Looking forward to a great thread on these "Invisibles"
I just got it as well. I’m interested to read it based on what I’ve heard her say in interviews. She was fairly active on Twitter until recently, when she basically disappeared. I’m concerned by how much she seemed to be on board with some of the TTSA/disclosure cheerleader types.

I wonder to what degree she actually encountered “‘a fight club’ for the highest tier of E.T. ufologists and researchers known as ‘the Invisibles..’ and to what degree such a group might be using her as a tool to spread disinformation.

But I’m overly suspicious.

urkotic

Hopeful Monster
a proper scientist - definitely a gold standard level. Is he being invited?

btw re: first article - he's only saying that this is a speculation, he's not asserting that it is alien - rather "prove to me that it's not". he's certainly a contrarian amongst his peers.
Yeah, agreed, he's a contrarian and the article reads as though he is enjoying the attention.

I saw another hypothesis (if that can apply here considering we can't really test it) about Oumaumau just today: Oumuamua Could be the Debris Cloud of a Disintegrated Interstellar Comet - Universe Today

DavidVincent

Paranormal Maven
Yeah, agreed, he's a contrarian and the article reads as though he is enjoying the attention.

yes - that was my take on it - maybe he's seeking to become the next Carl Sagan (or in UK Prof. Brian Cox)? But why not? Maybe we need another "rock star" astronomer :)

I saw another hypothesis (if that can apply here considering we can't really test it) about Oumaumau just today: Oumuamua Could be the Debris Cloud of a Disintegrated Interstellar Comet - Universe Today
well whatever it is, it's headed out now - but if I does a sudden u-turn then I'm a believer for sure :)

TDSR

Skilled Investigator
I just got it as well. I’m interested to read it based on what I’ve heard her say in interviews. She was fairly active on Twitter until recently, when she basically disappeared. I’m concerned by how much she seemed to be on board with some of the TTSA/disclosure cheerleader types.

I wonder to what degree she actually encountered “‘a fight club’ for the highest tier of E.T. ufologists and researchers known as ‘the Invisibles..’ and to what degree such a group might be using her as a tool to spread disinformation.

But I’m overly suspicious.
I to am a skeptic first. For me, the book has well-assigned lanes for the concepts and topics, which, if not successful can make it hard to find the thesis so to speak. She also adds more information and content to the narrative than borrowed from. Which is providing me with more to scrutinize and ponder, which I guess is the case I am making for the book. I've been stopping frequently to go look up what she just stated.....for me, that's a good book! I am up for discussing the book in a new thread if others are interested.

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
I to am a skeptic first. For me, the book has well-assigned lanes for the concepts and topics, which, if not successful can make it hard to find the thesis so to speak. She also adds more information and content to the narrative than borrowed from. Which is providing me with more to scrutinize and ponder, which I guess is the case I am making for the book. I've been stopping frequently to go look up what she just stated.....for me, that's a good book! I am up for discussing the book in a new thread if others are interested.
Thanks for the reference to American Cosmic. I've sent a message inviting the author on as a guest. She sounds very interesting!

On 'Omuamua: The other explanation ( and seemingly the most reasonable one ) for the object's unexplained acceleration, is that it actually has a propulsion system, but the scientific community seems to be avoiding that conclusion like the plague.