• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Are there secret chambers in the Great Pyramid - how likely?

5hownewsday

Paranormal Novice
I've been looking into the Pyramids for a few weeks now - just out of general interest - and they do indeed seen incredibly mysterious. I find the fact that no artefacts/hieroglyphs were found in the pyramid incredibly unusual.

I have a couple of questions that maybe some more experienced researchers can help me out with:

1) I have heard that a couple of copper 'cartouches' - symbols/seals representing a certain pharoe, were found in the Great Pyramid. Could these have been added at a much later date - or does this blow the theory of the pyramids being much older than suspected out of the water?

2) Many Egyptian ruins, like their European counterparts from much later ages, contain what can be described as 'graffiti' by the masons/slaves that made them. Has anything like this ever been found carved/painted in the Great Pyramid (obviously on the interior to discount later additions to the exterior).

The main motivation for writing this thread was to ask everyone their opinion on whether there could be a number of other secret chambers contained in the pyramid.

It occurred to me that with the structure being of solid stone, and a pyramid shape, it would be difficult to use any kind of acoustic/radar techniques to image the interior. Does a suitable technique exist to image the interior? Has it ever been attempted?

There is a shaft coming out of the queens chamber which terminates in a dead end - do you think this was an error/change in construction? Or perhaps an entrance to another chamber? Apparantly it was sealed with not one, but at least two layers of stone/copper 'doors' when the discovery channel tried to drill through with a robot.

Why would anyone go to the trouble of sealing a dead end with two 'doors' more than half way up the shaft?

And if there is another chamber? What do you think is in there? Why isn't anyone attempting to verify this further?

I just find it amazing that there could be secrets inside the pyramid - one of the worlds most scrutinised monuments - that have remained secrets for thousands of years, despite all of the expertise and technology we have available to us these days. I guess the Egyptians new a thing or two about building things to last...

The more I read about the Pyramids, the more convinced I am that there is something the world is missing about them and their purpose. What an amazing structure.

I think there are at least two unexplored "rooms" in the Great Pyramid. Also there is a hollow point or possibly a chamber in the Sphinx that has never been officially explored.

What could be in there? Anything from the bones of those that built them, to explicit directions on how this was accomplished- or nothing at all.

I'm with you---the Great Pyramid is a truly fascinating structure. I think we've only just started to understand it's history and meaning. It's really one of man's greatest monuments.
Is it possible there are still undiscovered cavities/rooms there? Absolutely.
My advice: save your pennies, and get yourself over there. Cairo won't be in chaos forever, and nothing on earth can compare with your first sight of the ruins.

Are There Secret Chambers in the Great Pyramid?

The answer is no. Are there still secrets being kept about what has been discovered in the pyramids? The answer is yes. I remember a story from quite a few years back when some Egyptian scientists did a scan of the Great Pyramid with ultra high-powered x-rays. They found a previously unknown chamber and were drilling a hole into it so they could send a camera in. Then the story was killed. There was no news at all about what was found, the pyramids were closed for an extended time, and then reopened with severe tourism restrictions. What they found remains a mystery. It is not related to some of the more resent documentaries where they sent a small robot down through an "air shaft".

ufology

I was doing some research after your post, out of interest for the story, and this is what I found which seems relatively recent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/robot-to-explore-mysterious-tunnels-in-great-pyramid-2046506.html

I did more searches for this pyramid and for x-rays, and I found one or two articles that talked about how they discovered what was in the first set of chambers, which was by use of x-rays. So it might be the same thing you'd heard about a while ago. I think the off and on nature of this story is influenced by the fact that they keep hitting dead ends. Who knows though. Thought I'd post it in case you wanted to read it over. :)

EDIT: I found another more recent article.

French Architect Discovers New Rooms in Ancient Khufu Pyramid -- NTDTV.com

Just what we know for certain about the Great Pyramid is enough to make us shake our heads and wonder. A quick re-hash from Wikipedia:

-The overall structure is composed of 2.3 million blocks weighing 2 1/2 tons each
-Completing the structure within 20 years would mean moving 800 tons of stone per day, or placing 12 blocks per hour, both day and night, with great precision.
-The base of the Great Pyramid is flat and horizontal to within 21 mm and aligned to cardinal points on the compass.

And there is the bizarre design of the grand gallery....

Seems like one of the shafts leading upward from the Queen's chamber was originally investigated by a German team (Gantenbrink?) who guided their little video robot as far as the mysterious stone door with its odd copper fittings. The documentary stopped there, then re-appeared years later under the aegis (I believe) of National Geographic and starring Zahi Hawass. They made a big deal on camera about boring a hole in the door to take a peak and, voila--nothing was found!

Maybe it's just all about big bucks and show biz. But still seems odd somehow.

Hello 5hownewsday,

I think you would be very interested in listening to an interview that Henrik Palmgren (Red Ice Radio) did with Robert Temple last October. Visit this link for the audio:

Red Ice Radio - Robert Temple - Egyptian Dawn & The Osiris Shaft

Mr. Temple is convinced there are undiscovered secret chambers on the Giza Plateau and some may be under or near the Great Sphinx. Robert and his wife have explored the Plateau in detail and they've identified specific spots which they feel warrant further investigation. Now that Zahi Hawass may lose his job as Supreme Master of the Plateau, researchers like Temple might actually get a chance to excavate in new locations and make some discoveries. Temple has placed many intriguing photographs on the Web, photos that are included in his new book. Be sure to look at the photos from all eight chapters. Find the photos and illustrations at this link:

EYGYPTIAN DAWN - ROBERT TEMPLE - EXPOSING THE BIG LIE

Egyptian Dawn - by Robert Temple.jpg

Back