• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 30, 2017 — Allen Greenfield

Well Gene, you've finally done it. You unwittingly revealed your approximate age by stating how long you've known Allan. ;)
Don't worry, I won't reveal it here. Though I don't know why a guy should be so modest about his age.

Well Gene, you've finally done it. You unwittingly revealed your approximate age by stating how long you've known Allan. ;)
Don't worry, I won't reveal it here. Though I don't know why a guy should be so modest about his age.
Gene was on the boat with Noah, if that puts his age into perspective.

First of all thank you for asking my question and the kind words.

It was a really fascinating episode.

I was a bit frustrated when you were talking about Chris' skype playing a loop of him saying "innit" because in my local parlance (london) "innit" is a slang abbreviation for "isn't it" which itself is an abbreviation of "is it not" or "it is so".

but like all the best slang words it can be used in a myriad of ways.
As punctuation, as a question, as a challenge, as a submission or as an assertion etc etc.

Depending on whom I am speaking with, I could say it hundreds of times a day. In a more formal conversation I would probably substitute "innit" for the word "so"(as in thus or therefore).
here are three versions of the same idea expressed with different levels of "formality":

you've to be in it, ta'win it. innit?

You have to be in it, to win it. do you not?

Participation is essential, in one being victorious. is that not the truth?

To cut a long story short when Chris was saying innit on the loop, my interpretation was that it was an infinite loop of questions and answers :eek::D;)
Maybe a bit like:

Is it? it is? it is not, is it not, is it? and so on...............

Which I almost exactly how I understand the paranormal to be. innit?

I hadn't really thought about it being seven years since I signed up to the forum, and I would just like to take this opportunity to say thank you for all of the hard work, and for giving me the opportunity to find out about all sorts of things I would not have, had it not been for the show or the forums.

Best wishes Harry

"innit".. kindof catchy.. i think i will have my wife shorten her phrase of "is it in yet?" to "innit".... she doesnt know how to load the dvd player and always has to ask if i put the dvd in yet...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back