• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 18th, Kimball, Redfern, Davids

Hoffmeister

There is no spoon
Well i have to say guys this was a brilliant show. I love the way the paracast has become a show where people can intelligently discuss the subject like 'old friends', and honestly this weeks show could have gone on for 4 hours and still been interesting.
Kimball is the perfect co-host imo, and i love the way Nick brings so many new ideas to the topic.... i really need to get me a copy of bodysnatchers. Paul Davids is a great guest too and should definately be invited back sometime.

Keep up the good work

Well i have to say guys this was a brilliant show. I love the way the paracast has become a show where people can intelligently discuss the subject like 'old friends', and honestly this weeks show could have gone on for 4 hours and still been interesting.
Kimball is the perfect co-host imo, and i love the way Nick brings so many new ideas to the topic.... i really need to get me a copy of bodysnatchers. Paul Davids is a great guest too and should definately be invited back sometime.

Keep up the good work

I also agree that Paul Kimball is an EXCELLENT co-host. I like his voice, and I like what he says and how he says it. Gene, don't let him go! Sign him to a 20 year contract. I also agree that the show should be 4 hours long. :D

I also agree that Paul Kimball is an EXCELLENT co-host. I like his voice, and I like what he says and how he says it. Gene, don't let him go! Sign him to a 20 year contract. I also agree that the show should be 4 hours long. :D

Let's say the deal is open ended. :)

I agree Paul is doing a fine job as co host and Mr David's have him on again Gene? I liked this guy, he wasn't afraid to speak his mind and he gave his opinion without being hesitant to how it would come across to some people. I would be opposite, however, to Mr David's when it comes to Mr Dolan. I'm more circumspect when it comes to Mr Dolan.

There has been numerous threads created on the Paracast Forums and these threads have a substantial number of posts and some of these post's discussed his oldest UFO book and his newest UFO book.The title of his two books "UFO's and the National security State Volume 1 and 2). And i wasn't shy, by the way, when it came to these threads. I'm not a fan boy(obvious) and was very critical at times and my post's will testify to that.

The Ruwa case From Zimbabwe Africa 1994 was mentioned by Paul David's. I totally agree with him here, one of the best cases to have been documented outside of the United States. There is actually a two part documentary about this incident that can be found on the internet. 64 children alleged to have seen this Craft and it hard to deny this actually happened when you watch the documentary. Reports are one thing, but seeing these bright and coherent kids tell their stories makes it feel more real somehow. There was of course obvious differences between the children in how they perceived this events. The Majority view however among the children is the craft they saw was "Silver" in colour maybe Disc shaped? and it was piloted by a humanoid intelligence that was non human?

As For Roswell. Most of the relevant data and information is well-known since the Eighties. Nothing new has occurred since then and we are in 2010 now. Roswell is still held in such high regard by some in the UFO community because without having the mythos of Roswell. There is a possibility many of the known and less known UFO Researchers, i guess, would be doing something else for a living maybe? and Disclosure, whatever that means, would have less relevance to lot of people within the UFO field.

I would cajole people to research newer cases. I believe the Hudson valley UFO flap is far better case then Roswell, but Roswell get's more attention. But let me state my opinion for the record to what i think happened at Roswell in1947. I think it more than likely was an object that was non human in origin.
But an opinion is not a fact. It just a person's viewpoint.

Before I Forget. Nick you were excellent guest too.

Great show Gene, Paul,Mr David and Nick,

Roswell is part of the ufology and USA military history. However, maybe see the word ufology drop altogether rather see terms used like 'world dimensional scientific inquiry'. Make it international and bring more overseas case of 'Unidentified Dimensional Craft '(UDC). Nick was excellent and adds a international feel to the Paracast show.
Great work guys,:)
blfish

I agree Paul is doing a fine job as co host and Mr David's have him on again Gene? I liked this guy, he wasn't afraid to speak his mind and he gave his opinion without being hesitant to how it would come across to some people. I would be opposite, however, to Mr David's when it comes to Mr Dolan. I'm more circumspect when it comes to Mr Dolan.

Thanks. Paul is a great person - he and I disagree about a whole range of UFO-related issues, from exopolitics and Corso to the relative merit of Rich Dolan's work, but it's never personal. I respect his opinions, and he respects mine, and we agree to disagree.

Thanks. Paul is a great person - he and I disagree about a whole range of UFO-related issues, from exopolitics and Corso to the relative merit of Rich Dolan's work, but it's never personal. I respect his opinions, and he respects mine, and we agree to disagree.

It would be a very dull world Paul, if everyone was alike:)

Exopolitics, well what an absurd agenda. and who are they kidding here?

Corso well i am still 50/50 on him being legit. Corso has a proven and well- documented military career and his credentials for the most part have checked out after initial research.

But it's also well documented he was an intelligence officer for lot of his military service and was an active spy during the World War 2.
So what he revealed later about Roswell could be disinformation to confuse everyone and also boost his profile among people who never heard of him before this?

Also Corso's explantation for why, the UFO crashed at Roswell was interesting to me. His version of events are completely opposite to what Stan Friedman and Kevin Randle and others believe happened here.

Corso spoke of time ships and according to Corso. Two UFO's indeed crashed at Roswell.

The reason; One UFO arrived through a portal and the Second UFO appeared too early from were it came from( timing was all wrong) this caused the second ship to smack into the other and the two ships broke up and the rest is history.
I think that is interesting theory if nothing else.

I enjoyed this week's show, round table discussions are almost always a nice mix of interesting topics and fun banter. I found it interesting that Davids was essentially allowed to "run with it" when he started talking about certain subjects and for a moment I was starting to get a C2C vibe but after he had said his peace the rest of the panel chimed in to disagree that vibe subsided.

Now in the old days, Biedny would have been all over him like a fat kid on a smartie but this "talk it out" approach works too. That's not a knock against David B either, just a reflection of how the show has changed since his departure. It's going to take some getting used to.

I enjoyed this week's show, round table discussions are almost always a nice mix of interesting topics and fun banter. I found it interesting that Davids was essentially allowed to "run with it" when he started talking about certain subjects and for a moment I was starting to get a C2C vibe but after he had said his peace the rest of the panel chimed in to disagree that vibe subsided.

Now in the old days, Biedny would have been all over him like a fat kid on a smartie but this "talk it out" approach works too. That's not a knock against David B either, just a reflection of how the show has changed since his departure. It's going to take some getting used to.

To be honest, after the show I was more on Dr.Jacobs side.

Biedny didn't make it habit of interrupting guests. That's a bad rap.

I didn't actually say that but be honest Gene, he did a fair amount. However I didn't mean to say he would have jumped down Mr. Davids' throat, rather that he would have "tagged in" immediately to refute comments regarding points made towards the end of the discussion. "Chomping at the bit", as you would say.

A couple of things.

First, Paul isn't some kind of scam artist or con man. Those people are fair game. Instead, he's a guy who holds a different opinion than I do, but to me - contrary to what some people would have you believe about me - that's not only fine, but to be encouraged. He made his point, and then I made mine. I think at one point Paul was afraid I was going to really hammer him, and maybe I would have a few years ago, but I'm less confrontational nowadays, primarily because I don't think it gets you anywhere, and it isn't worth it. And it's almost never personal with me anyway. I "give" as good as I "get," and expect the same in return... after which, let's all have a beer! With the exception of the aforementioned scam artists, mind you - but then why would you book them on the show anyway? I always thought the so-called "outing" of Bill Knell was the weakest of all Paracast episodes - seriously, just put the guy in the Hall of Shame, explain why, and be done with it. Leave the conversation for people of substance - and Paul Davids is one of those people - even when you might disagree with them.

Second, as a Canadian, I am bound by law to be polite and respectful. ;)

Paul

Leave the conversation for people of substance - and Paul Davids is one of those people - even when you might disagree with them.

Disagreements are where the interest lies. If I want to listen to a show where everyone nods in agreement, I know where "2" go...

Second, as a Canadian, I am bound by law to be polite and respectful. ;)

Except to fellow Canadians of course, so you can call me wahtever you like! :p

Just listened to most of and have to say it was another great discussion. As I listened a thought that came to me was that even though our current society is more "in tune" to UFOs and aliens due to science fiction media the public realizes it is fiction. If a live UFO/alien encounter was ever shown via media news it would no longer be in the realm of fiction and that factual encounter could be quite a frightening experience for many people. I think there is alot to be said for the "War of the Worlds" public reaction.

One thing however that's always troubled me is the popular idea that science fiction films (especially Spielberg's) are used as a means of drip-feeding true information.

Frankly this looks too much like wishful thinking: take Close Encounters of the Third Kind, for instance - the story is uplifting and awe-inspiring - we want it to be true. So some people look for any pretext to believe that in some way it embodies the truth. Even when the story is more frightening than uplifting it can be seductive in holding out some sort of truth, no matter how grim.

It reminds me of the way people look at changing fashions in alleged alien behaviour (from Space Brothers to abductors) and go around asking what it means, when the most obvious answer is that it means most of what we're looking at are products of human culture and that it quite naturally follows developments within that culture (for instance, the aliens in the 50s were supposedly given to warning against the horrors of nuclear war not for any mysterious alien reasons but because that was a major preoccupation of human culture at the time, and people were consciously or otherwise basically making it up).

An issue that I expected to come up early in the show is that many science fiction authors (and many readers) have a background in the "hard" sciences, and the skepticism of these people towards UFOs and the paranormal reflects the attitude of the scientific community as a whole. On top of that, there is a popular perception in the science fiction world (which seems to correspond with observable fact) that SF doesn't get the respect it deserves as a valid field of literature, and this causes people to resent it being tied to what they regard as the illegitimate field of UFOlogy.

(The extreme reductionist viewpoint in the scientific community has actually reached the point of absurdity, having gone from a refusal to believe in the existence of the paranormal (which is at least logically defensible though I happen to disagree with them) to not really believing that we exist (listen carefully to your average neuroscientist and you'll see what I mean))

PS. Is there actually independent confirmation of Richard Doty's contribution to the X-Files, or is it based solely on his claims? That story sounds an awful lot like Sean David Morton's imaginary contribution to Star Trek.

PPS. "Who Goes There" (set in Antarctica and published in 1938 under the pseudonym Don A. Stuart) was a brilliant, terrifying and claustrophobic short story...Given the publication date I'd guess that the original story did not have anything to do with the Red Scare hysteria, but that doesn't of course mean it wasn't co-opted for that purpose in the film (take for example the case of "V", where the decidedly left-wing original was gutted of its impact and themes to produce the decidedly right-wing remake...in the age of rationalising torture and liberating people with cluster bombs the brilliantly ironic "Friendship Is Universal" propaganda posters are sorely missed (not to mention that the human Quislings and collaborators in the original were much more convincing, as was the portrayal of oppression. But I digress)). Another good one Campbell published the previous year was "Forgetfulness" (contrary to the current fad for imagining that Homo sapiens is uniquely scummy or insignificant I still have a fondness for the old stories that imagine a transcendent human future...and that story makes an important point in a nicely subtle way. The twist is nifty)

It was a good show, but i thought davids got a bit wound up about no big deal. Maybe i couldnt hear between the lines, but it seemed to me like he scoffed a bit at all other theories than ETH. And thats fine and all, but i dont see how he can resolve his paranormal experiences (as he said he had had following his '87 sighting). It depends on how one defines paranormal of course, but in general it makes no sense why aliens should leave a seemingly random wave of poltergeist, psychic episodes, etc.- as Vallee, Jenny randles and others have shown so convincingly to be related - in the wake of a sighting unless there at least was something else to it all.

I'd like to hear more probing into those things when you got ETF guests on once in a while. Would be interesting to hear how they come so easily to nuts and bolts conclusions when there is so much good evidence against it. And particularly when someone who themselves have experienced these kinda things are so staunch believers in ET visitations. Would be good to learn more about that logic

It did sound like David's got upset and huffy as if he was anticipating a serious knock-down/drag-out argument, but that's not what he got. I thought the "confrontation-that-wasn't" was handled extremely well by Paul, completely. I was thinking why can't Kimball and Davids BOTH be right? I mean in a court of law isn't it better to have key witnesses AND evidence? Seriously, I think this is a non-issue, but Davids is strongly opinionated about it. Kimball disarmed him and the argument. Instead what he get was intelligent and engaging debate with an agree-to-disagree attitude.

Very well done, Mr. Kimball. I applaud you, and as a guy from Indiana, one of the friendliest states in the United States, feel free to swing by and have a beer any time!

Back