• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

And though the news was rather sad, well I just had to laugh...

Jabbermocky

Paranormal Maven
As a person who thinks that most conspiracy theories are part of an even larger conspiracy by a worldwide anarchistic group trying to destabilize the world; I came across a "fun" conspiracy over the weekend. Some of you may know the decades-old basis of the theory and probably a few less have seen a documentary supporting it; but I saw what, on the surface, appeared to be a sincere attempt to show that the Paul McCartney we know today is an imposter. The documentary (available on Netflix) is called " Paul McCartney Really Is Dead: The Last Testament of George Harrison".

Although the production tries to give the impression that it is a genuine conspiracy, I'm sure they couldn't have been serious about the "whole" thing. Their contention was that MI-5 covered up the death of the original Paul McCartney to prevent the mass suicides that would result if the truth came out -- and so placed an imposter into the role. Using song lyrics, backward masking and album cover artwork John Lennon tried to inform Beatles' fans of the truth without upsetting their MI-5 contact "Maxwell" and having the intelligence agency snuff him and the other Beatles out. The story is told through two mysterious tapes recorded by George Harrison -- not long after he was seriously assaulted in his own home by a knife-wielding madman.

Being a Brit, I could tell by some of the idioms and pronunciation used by the narrator that this George Harrison was an imposter -- in fact, I think was an American doing an almost passable Liverpudlian accent. I also checked out IMDB and some have mentioned, in the "goofs" section, the inaccuracies and anachronisms that make the documentary's conspiracy theory fail.

What I did get from it however, was how a group could take a theme and push it from every conceivable angle into something that could be sold to the public as a conspiracy. Reverse engineer the documentary producers' tactics and it could be applied to any of today's conspiracy theories quite nicely, I'm sure. It may even lend itself to my own theory which I will call, cos I'm feeling saucy, false-flag conspiracy theories (such as the WTC and undercover police rioters).

The "Paul is dead" thing has been around since the early 1970's in one form or another. If you try, I'm sure you can even find an aircheck of a radio show called, "Paul McCarney is alive and well, maybe" from the early 1970's from a radio station called WKBW.

For my money, so to speak, I find the "Alternative 3" to be a much more "meme-generating" conspiracy theory than this one. On this other hand I found this McCartney thing to be LOTS Of fun.. and Hidden Nazi UFO bases in the Antarctic just aren't as much fun.

Back