• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

And the road continues...

UserX

Paranormal Novice
Hi Guys and Girls,

Well I'm here and what brought me here today is a weird phenomena I cannot find any answers too that aren't so 'human ignorant' such as 'It was a dream' or 'something wrong with your eyes'. Been there, checked that and even video recorded myself.

I have for years (since my NDE in 2009) seen upon awaking a honeycomb pattern (faded red/white/blue) and this morning I nearly jumped out the bed through shock as instead of the honeycomb pattern I saw what looked like streams of Enochian lettering or something in that style but in streams like coding as if I was looking at 'The Matrix'.

Again seasoned investigator kicked in and I opened and closed my eyes three times slowly to see if there were any change. After I left my eyes open the third time...the lettering fades.

My life has always, always been in the paranormal and I have never felt the need to go deeper apart from investigating, researching etc. but with this and the changes I am noticing in society where things are not as I remember them or how my wife remembers them - I think its time I did.

Any suggestions is really appreciated. Please don't include sleep paralysis/dreams/eye issues or anything medical as I have been checked.

Cheers,

UserX

Hi Guys and Girls,

Well I'm here and what brought me here today is a weird phenomena I cannot find any answers too that aren't so 'human ignorant' such as 'It was a dream' or 'something wrong with your eyes'. Been there, checked that and even video recorded myself.

I have for years (since my NDE in 2009) seen upon awaking a honeycomb pattern (faded red/white/blue) and this morning I nearly jumped out the bed through shock as instead of the honeycomb pattern I saw what looked like streams of Enochian lettering or something in that style but in streams like coding as if I was looking at 'The Matrix'.

Again seasoned investigator kicked in and I opened and closed my eyes three times slowly to see if there were any change. After I left my eyes open the third time...the lettering fades.

My life has always, always been in the paranormal and I have never felt the need to go deeper apart from investigating, researching etc. but with this and the changes I am noticing in society where things are not as I remember them or how my wife remembers them - I think its time I did.

Any suggestions is really appreciated. Please don't include sleep paralysis/dreams/eye issues or anything medical as I have been checked.

Cheers,

UserX

Welcome to the forum. Your experiences sound interesting. But it also seems that arbitrarily ruling out all psychological ( medical ) phenomena isn't reasonable. I have a cousin who used to see things from her dream states in the waking world for some time after waking up. It's called hypnopompic hallucinations ( Hypnopompic Hallucinations: Causes, Types, & Treatment - Mental Health Daily ). And it sounds exactly like what you describe. If you don't think that's what it is because you have "been checked", I'd be curious to know exactly why this phenomenon was ruled out, and go for another assessment. That being said, I also believe strange things do happen, and your recollection of things in the world being different is reminiscent of the Mandela effect. So please don't be afraid to tell us more about your experiences.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I think it's that I just kind of get tired with hearing its imaginary when I actually experience the honeycomb effect regularly with this 'Matrix Effect' being new - but your point is well taken.

I did read the link as I am very open minded to all explanations but after reading it I felt that it really seems a broad stroke theory with no real facts to support them. Its like me saying all roses are red because its the blood underneath their skin...without scientists knowing the anatomy of a Rose and that in fact it doesn't contain blood or have skin - people would take the initial statement at face value and fact; especially if I was a 'Professor' etc and I had theorised it.

Does that make sense?

With regards to The Mandela Effect I have spent forty years experiencing weird phenomena whether its just I am very in tune, sensitive or annoyingly observant but since my NDE in 2009 the 'Mandela Effect' seems to have been building steadily.

One interesting event happened at 21:00 pm one winters evening. I was travelling along a road I know like the back of my hand when we turned a corner (myself, wife and two children) to see a car on its roof, wheels turning and smoke coming from the exhaust.

I travelled no more than 30 yards to the lay-by and got out to run back but - there was no car. The same stretch of road a number of weeks later; we were following a Toyota Hilux about 100 yards behind. As it took the corner where we saw the car on its roof and should have gone out of sight for a second - we took the corner also to find it was gone. This area has no turns, roads, driveways and is flat farmland all 360 degrees.

These are just two small events.

Just really wish I knew the meaning if any of the letters I saw.

User X

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I think it's that I just kind of get tired with hearing its imaginary when I actually experience the honeycomb effect regularly with this 'Matrix Effect' being new - but your point is well taken.

I did read the link as I am very open minded to all explanations but after reading it I felt that it really seems a broad stroke theory with no real facts to support them. Its like me saying all roses are red because its the blood underneath their skin...without scientists knowing the anatomy of a Rose and that in fact it doesn't contain blood or have skin - people would take the initial statement at face value and fact; especially if I was a 'Professor' etc and I had theorised it.

Does that make sense?

With regards to The Mandela Effect I have spent forty years experiencing weird phenomena whether its just I am very in tune, sensitive or annoyingly observant but since my NDE in 2009 the 'Mandela Effect' seems to have been building steadily.

One interesting event happened at 21:00 pm one winters evening. I was travelling along a road I know like the back of my hand when we turned a corner (myself, wife and two children) to see a car on its roof, wheels turning and smoke coming from the exhaust.

I travelled no more than 30 yards to the lay-by and got out to run back but - there was no car. The same stretch of road a number of weeks later; we were following a Toyota Hilux about 100 yards behind. As it took the corner where we saw the car on its roof and should have gone out of sight for a second - we took the corner also to find it was gone. This area has no turns, roads, driveways and is flat farmland all 360 degrees.

These are just two small events.

Just really wish I knew the meaning if any of the letters I saw.

User X
I once experienced something called road hypnosis. I literally felt wide awake and thought everything was normal, but I felt an odd bump and wondered what could have caused it and suddenly snapped out of it to find the car half on the curb and half off the shoulder into the grass. But the optical experience of being in the middle of the right lane was as vivid as a real world road complete with scenery that seamlessly blended in. The mind is amazingly powerful at creating realistic imagery. So if your subconscious visions tend to leak out into the waking world more frequently than other people's, it could be an explanation for a number of your experiences.

I guess the trick is being able to dependably separate the internally generated imagery from the externally generated imagery. I also think it would be perfectly normal to look for meaning in the imagery. It's far from being trivial and shouldn't be written of as just "your imagination". These experiences are important to you, and I encourage you to explore them and if possible seek out a professional who can help you work with them. You also don't have to rule out some sort of paranormal or unknown objective stimulus either. Just don't get someone who is all gung-ho to prove it's either one or the other.

The aim IMO should be to learn more about the true nature of your experiences, and that means doing your best to remain as objective as possible. For example you could try to accurately recreate pictures of the symbols from your visions and upload them to Google image search to look for matches. Who knows. Maybe there is some strange language out there that they belong to. Or maybe other people are having the same sorts of visions. Or maybe you just saw them in a movie and don't consciously recall it. No matter what the case may be, getting a match would be really interesting data.

Back