• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ancestry Genetic Results

matthew1977

Paranormal Maven
Just got my results back from Ancestry.com. I am from the midwest, Iowa / South Dakota border. My surname is German and my mothers maiden surname was Dutch. I was always told i was German, Dutch with a little Irish. So I was floored when my results had the highest level showing Scandinavia.. Anyways I found it very interesting. Chris O'Brien, you had once mentioned you were doing a similar genetic test. Curious what your findings were (if you don't mind sharing). Here is my results:
Europe 100%
Scandinavia 38%
Iberian Peninsula 16%
Great Britain 15%
Ireland 11%
Europe East 8%
Europe West 8%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The ancestry test is only matrilineal, it doesn't indicate your DNA on your father's side of the family. My father claimed that he was 25% Cherokee/Choctaw and the rest English-German-Irish. The patrilineal test is expensive from what I've heard. Anyway, here's what I am on my Mom's side... The results show that (on my Mom's side) I'm more British than most Brits who average 55% British heritage. Go figure... Maybe that's why I love British prog rock bands so much, lol...

70% Great Britain
7% Iberian Peninsula
5% Italy/Greece
5% Finland
4% African southeastern
3% Europe west
3% Europe east
1% European Jewish
1% Mali

My wife had her's done recently, I think it's worth doing. Very interesting stuff.

I just mentioned it and she says she got both mother and fathers line in her test for 99 Ausdollars.

Back