• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

an annoying point from a new member

maxwell

for entertainment purposes only
so i go to rite aid. i buy a tape player/am-fm radio for $20 roughly. (rounding up.)
it waqs undoubtedly mnade by chinese slaves. no joke. 26 dollars a month.

it's crappy but i use it. skimming the am/fm bands i am reminded of what media are, and what multimeda means.

internet is a medium, and film is a medium
yet film and video are two different media. video and film do different things.

although they do work together.

i turn on the tv. it's a pretty decent flat screen but i am struck by the fact that
the technology is sort of nice but it's sort of flimsy, as if in the quest to fulfill greedy ambitions, general quality is lost. there's an old zenith that hasn't worked for decades holding up the flatscreen. yep, the cabinet is solid as a rock.

i skim the channels and it's mostly (i can say sh*t) here, right? and some stuff is okay.

hbo has some good new shows
and the same initials -- mixed up -- as our 43rd president, bho.

hah. i like to make myself laugh. but television and the internet are two different things.

and so we get to the marshall mcluhan of what i am trying to say, and i wish i was more deft in what i am saying. tv shows need a television and all the things of television, a way to get the signal from the place it is broadcast to people's sets.

internet requires other stuff. one can enjoy entertainment on the net without a television.

i actually despise "nerds" and "geeks". if you are one of them, and these words offend you, good. i don't wanna be yer netfriend and consider you a pesky substitute for real intellectualism. you get in the way and the world has real problems.

geeks didn't flood the new orleans area and solve problems. because they aren't smart, geeks are social retards who suck up and who actually lower intellectual standards for everyone. often they are mental dullards who sit where intellectuals might be and really...

anyway, forgive my digression. but i really feel that way, and if that bothers you, it was meant to.

perhaps you can have me banned now, before i make further salient points.

----------
hiking through the colorado mountains with a $200 fm transmitter in a backpack
just thinking about the possibilities. radio is not the internet, but
the technologies are overlapping.
----
knowhow is really important. this conspiracy stuff is the most important stuff in the WORLD
-- as such the typical establishments of television and radio, more or less controlled by the government, can't really help.

i remember listing to coast to coast am getting more and more dull.

a guest with some connection to conspiracy comes on

takes fifteen minutes to tell a short story. coughing, hemming hawing and digression
and it's already the middle of the night. that's how a show disclosing state secrets could have been on the radio and yet not contribute much to solving problems

if you're a fan of c2c, leave me a lone.
what i say here is not gonna stop Premier or ClearChannel from making their money. Or you can waste words going all semper fi on me.

it was really about Art Bell for me, and
damn, did people really conpire against him.

tough old guy, though.

---
anyway, i made my point. and if i did it the way i wanted to
most people won't understand. however

a

"rant" is an incoherent statement.

now, someone of limited mental acuity might look at a complete and balanced statement anmd
confuse their lack of comprehension for incoherence within the statement.

it's amazing how many people are stupid in that way,
confusing their lack of intellectual acuity with some sort of brutally false social advantage --
but that is part of why George HW Bush and his sons, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are not behind bars unable to manipulate world events. STUPID PEOPLE RULE.

SubSite - Start
send $1

oh, the point?
i just came to talk to people. i wish i had a better connection so i could enjoy the show.
so far i have not. help me, internet gawd?

"it was really about Art Bell for me, and

tough old guy, though."

I followed Art since 1996. I was always informed about the terrible dramas that befell him. Sometimes people had it in for him, for utterly zero reason. Probably jealousy. I always loved Art from afar. Not in a romantic/attraction crush way. I loved his home, Ramona, their love for animals, for cats, for radio and all mysteries that go bump in the night.
I was there (listening) -about- when Ramona suddenly died on him while they were vacation-RV'ing. How horrifying. He did not know that her asma would -kill- her. She never told him she had a brother who died of asma. I don't know why. I listened to Art sound suicidal. Then a young Phillipino angel came along and saved his life. But for a long time, I felt that it was much too soon for me. A couple of times I said some, I think, kinda mean things. Took me by surprise. But today, I have been aware that his life in Manila has been the same, a continuation of what was abruptly interrupted. I looked on the net at his new family pics, and am glad, and feel extremely happy for him. God bless Art Bell, and I hope to hear him fill in on Coast some time soon again.

I get what you expressed about the media, the quality of old products versus present ones, conspiracies, and geeky skeptic types, nothing of a 'purple haze' about it to me.

so i go to rite aid. i buy a tape player/am-fm radio for $20 roughly. (rounding up.)
it waqs undoubtedly mnade by chinese slaves. no joke
Sorry to hear that..

26 dollars a month.
What for? You're losing me.

it's crappy but i use it. skimming the am/fm bands i am reminded of what media are, and what multimeda means.

internet is a medium, and film is a medium
yet film and video are two different media. video and film do different things.

although they do work together.
Yeah?

i turn on the tv. it's a pretty decent flat screen but i am struck by the fact that
the technology is sort of nice but it's sort of flimsy, as if in the quest to fulfill greedy ambitions, general quality is lost. there's an old zenith that hasn't worked for decades holding up the flatscreen. yep, the cabinet is solid as a rock.
Take out the picture tube and use it for storage.

i skim the channels and it's mostly (i can say sh*t) here, right? and some stuff is okay.
Yes you can say shit here.

hbo has some good new shows
and the same initials -- mixed up -- as our 43rd president, bho.
*stare*

hah. i like to make myself laugh.
You aren't a tough audience.

but television and the internet are two different things.
Yeah?

and so we get to the marshall mcluhan of what i am trying to say, and i wish i was more deft in what i am saying.
So do I.

tv shows need a television and all the things of television, a way to get the signal from the place it is broadcast to people's sets.
Captain obvious spotted.

internet requires other stuff. one can enjoy entertainment on the net without a television.
I was unaware of that.

i actually despise "nerds" and "geeks". if you are one of them, and these words offend you, good. i don't wanna be yer netfriend and consider you a pesky substitute for real intellectualism. you get in the way and the world has real problems.
If it weren't for nerds and geeks, you wouldn't have a computer or internet to post stupid stuff like this. Be grateful.

geeks didn't flood the new orleans area
Jesus Christ. 1. Think. 2. Post. Not hard.

and solve problems. because they aren't smart, geeks are social retards who suck up and who actually lower intellectual standards for everyone. often they are mental dullards who sit where intellectuals might be and really...
Really what?

anyway, forgive my digression. but i really feel that way, and if that bothers you, it was meant to.
You digressed? I hadn't noticed. To digress you first have to start off by making sense.

perhaps you can have me banned now
Nah. You are just getting started.

before i make further salient points.
Is that a threat?

----------
hiking through the colorado mountains with a $200 fm transmitter in a backpack
just thinking about the possibilities. radio is not the internet, but
the technologies are overlapping.
----
knowhow is really important. this conspiracy stuff is the most important stuff in the WORLD
-- as such the typical establishments of television and radio, more or less controlled by the government, can't really help.

i remember listing to coast to coast am getting more and more dull.

a guest with some connection to conspiracy comes on

takes fifteen minutes to tell a short story. coughing, hemming hawing and digression
and it's already the middle of the night. that's how a show disclosing state secrets could have been on the radio and yet not contribute much to solving problems

if you're a fan of c2c, leave me a lone.
what i say here is not gonna stop Premier or ClearChannel from making their money. Or you can waste words going all semper fi on me.

it was really about Art Bell for me, and

tough old guy, though.

---
anyway, i made my point. and if i did it the way i wanted to
most people won't understand. however

a

"rant" is an incoherent statement.

now, someone of limited mental acuity might look at a complete and balanced statement anmd
confuse their lack of comprehension for incoherence within the statement.

it's amazing how many people are stupid in that way,
confusing their lack of intellectual acuity with some sort of brutally false social advantage --
but that is part of why George HW Bush and his sons, Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld are not behind bars unable to manipulate world events. STUPID PEOPLE RULE.

SubSite - Start
send $1

oh, the point?
i just came to talk to people. i wish i had a better connection so i could enjoy the show.
so far i have not. help me, internet gawd?
Nope, not a threat.

I'm not sure what kind of stuff you're taking but what the heck, .. I'll have some.

Wow and I was just listening to Little Feat doing "Don't Bogart That Joint" on my Ipod and thinking about the seventies. :) Didn't I meet you in Montgomery around 1979? :)

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

The poster (me) makes no claim that anybody should ever do illegal drugs nor have I done so myself (within the statute of limatations) in many many years. I enjoy my mind clear these days although I do think the war on drugs is a sham but that's a whole nother subject. :)

geeks didn't flood the new orleans area and solve problems. because they aren't smart, geeks are social retards who suck up and who actually lower intellectual standards for everyone. often they are mental dullards who sit where intellectuals might be and really..

Hi I hate you, i don't make sense, I'll talk about mundane things and make it even more mundane.. do you wanna play?

i wish i had a better connection so i could enjoy the show. so far i have not. help me, internet gawd?

The Internet gawds only communicate in the incomprehensible protocols of ancient pre-digital mysticism filtered through the social angst of a million drumming thumbs on greasy plastic human interface appliances networked through the heavy miasma of electromagnetic smog that permeates the planet and in which we move and have our being. In other words, they cannot get you a better connection without some big-jack up front and none of that using your library card as secondary identification.

I hope this has helped.

Back