• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Admiral Wilson's statement about the Pentagon Briefing

uforadio

Paranormal Adept
Dear colleagues.

Ok it is official now so I can post it.
I am pasting you the latest article from Billy Cox. Few of us have been working behind the scenes to connect the dots and Wilson was sucessfuly located few days ago. This is the second time now that Wilson has been asked for the record about the claims of Pentagon Briefing.

The investigation continues...

Billy Cox's article is in the text below:

Source: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/200....ed_for_UFO_data

Admiral: Never looked for UFO data

By Billy Cox

Published: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 4:07 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 at 4:14 p.m. A former high-ranking military intelligence official rumored to have been snubbed in his attempts to obtain sheltered UFO data insists he never even bothered to look for it.

“Never,” retired Rear Admiral Thomas R. Wilson replied Tuesday when asked if he’d ever been barred from retrieving classified material, exotic or otherwise, during his career.Wilson, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, was head of intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff in 1997 when he agreed to meet at the Pentagon with advocates of UFO declassification. Among them, he confirms, was Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell.The driving force behind that meeting was North Carolina UFO researcher and emergency-room doctor Steven Greer. Greer founded The Disclosure Project in an effort to grant amnesty to government whistleblowers willing to violate their security oaths by sharing insider knowledge about UFOs.At least seven years ago (http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc788.htm), Greer was telling audiences about extracting a pledge from Wilson during that meeting to investigate special access projects involving UFO technology. But shortly thereafter, Greer claimed Wilson reported that he didn’t have the proper security clearance to inspect those files.As Greer informed a Portland, Ore., audience in 2001, “(Wilson) said, ‘I am horrified that this is true. I have been in plenty of black projects, but when we tried to get into this one,’ he was told, and I quote, ‘Sir, you do not have a need to know.’ The head of intelligence Joint Staffs. You don't have a need to know. Neither did the CIA director, and neither did the President.”This story has been circulating on the Internet ever since, and made it into Greer’s book “Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge,” last year. But the thing didn’t sprout legs until Mitchell began discussing the meeting during what turned out to be a media blitz in July.Mitchell avoided all mention of Wilson’s name, but in a July 4 appearance on Larry King Live, the moonwalker told CNN audiences he’d learned the admiral “had found the people responsible for the cover-up and for the people who were in the know and were told, I'm sorry, admiral, you do not have need to know here and so, goodbye.”Now an executive with a Minnesota-based defense contractor, Wilson told De Void he “accepted (Mitchell’s 1997) request because he was a former astronaut and maybe had more credibility than some person off the street.” Wilson says he doesn’t remember who else attended that meeting, but he admitted to “a certain amount of curiosity” about allegations of deep-black UFO projects.“What is true is that I met with them,” Wilson said in a phone interview. “What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it. I may have left it open with them, but it was not especially compelling, not compelling enough to waste my staff’s time to go looking for it.”Mitchell told De Void he never heard directly from Wilson after their initial meeting, but he says he trusts the veracity of the unnamed sources who told him of Wilson’s inability to penetrate security.Mitchell said he was "shocked" by Wilson’s response to De Void, but added, “I do not wish to engage him on this matter.” Steven Greer refused to back down.“I was there and know what was said,” he stated in an e-mail. “I was also informed prior to the meeting that, after sending him a secret document with UFO-related code names and numbers, that he located one of the compartments but was specifically denied access to the operation.”

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I hope,now that it's confirmed,that Dr.Mitchell will begin to use Adm.Wilsons name in public.I don't see how he can live with being called a liar,by a Military-Industrial-Complex stooge...

Well, somebody is definitely "lying":

In an interview in June 2007 (a portion of which was provided by Giuliano in another thread) Mitchell describes the results of the Pentagon meeting thus:

"...And he [Wilson] called me a few weeks later and said "You're right on, these things are real, I should be in charge of that but I'm not." And, ah, we do know that there have been very high-level people politicians over the last years from Barry Goldwater, through, ah, Jerry Ford, and others in our government, and President Clinton, Bill Clinton, tried to break into that circle of knowledge and were resoundingly rebuffed."

But now Wilson is saying (per the deVoid interview):

“What is true is that I met with them. What is not true is that I was denied access to this material, because I didn’t pursue it. I may have left it open with them, but it was not especially compelling, not compelling enough to waste my staff’s time to go looking for it.”

The whole matter remains firmly in my gray basket.

Richard Dolan has sent email yesterday on this with the extended comments about the issue. I have asked for his permission to post it here.

Stay tuned.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Richard Dolan has sent email yesterday on this with the extended comments about the issue. I have asked for his permission to post it here.

Stay tuned.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

It will be interesting too see how Dolan responds,Giuliano...

By the way,Ed Mitchell rejects Astronaut Clark McClellands "endorsement" on the Kevin Smith Show,if there was ever any question about that one...:D

Regardless do any of us have contacts in the Pentagon?

Have any of us walked on the moon?

I take what Mitchell says to the bank

Great. Dolan just sent me the permission too.

By the way, as far as I know the situation, there will be more stuff on this in the future.

Stay tuned..

I propose a UFO roundtable on the next Paracast. Mitchell, Wilson, Dolan & Bush Snr.

Dolan wrote:
"At that point (ed: October 2006), I decided to try to speak to Admiral Wilson. Before doing so, I wrote to Edgar Mitchell. He also confirmed that the meeting took place, although he was not especially interested at that time in doing much more than stating that Wilson "would look into it.""

It seems that in October 2006, Mitchell was telling the same story to Dolan that Wilson is telling today.

Mitchell has told other versions of the story that included detailed information about Wilson's follow-up to the meeting. None of the details are consistent with with what Mitchell was telling Dolan in 2006.

Dolan writes:
"I was left with a distinct impression that Greer's account of the matter was substantially correct. That is, that Greer and Mitchell did persuade Wilson to look into it, and that Wilson did so. Furthermore, that he was denied access to said programs.

Wilson was basically a man who was caught off guard. His denials rang very hollow to me."

Dolan is choosing to believe the Mitchell/Greer version, although it's not clear why. How does Dolan develop his "distinct impression"? Dolan may consider the information from his own confidenitial "source" reliable enough to form such an opinion, but that's useless to us.

Wilson has a good reason for being upset when Dolan notifies him of Wilson's inclusion in the Greer book, IF the Wilson version of events is correct. So, I do not think the fact that Wilson got upset is of much use to us. (In fact, Wilson could get justifiably upset at his inclusion in the book no matter who is telling the truth.)

If the Mitchell/Greer version of events is true, then Wilson was grossly negligent by confirming the existence of the "project", and even telling others about his own inability to access it. If the Mitchell/Greer version was true, and Wilson had stumbled across the program due to their prodding, I think he would simply have never responded to Mitchell/Greer or perhaps told them he found nothing. I don't think he would have confirmed the program existed by telling Mitchell/Greer that he couldn't get into it.

But Wilson was later promoted to head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, something I think unlikely if he was in the habit of confirming the existence of super-secret projects to civilians and ex-astronauts.

At this point, I'm very confident that the meeting took place as described in 1997. But as far as what came out of the meeting, we are stuck with just guessing who is telling the truth.

great thread! I was just about to post about this myself.

I emailed Billy Cox about this and forward him a link to this thread. Great to see someone do their homework like Billy and Rich!

IMO, looks like it comes down to the Admiral is lying or Mitchell got his info second hand from Greer who is lying.

Rich Dolan's opinion is worth something for sure, my question would be who is Dolan's inside source on this issue?

A lot of this stuff always seems to dissolve in your hands the more things are uncovered, particularly when there are Anonymous sources involved.

IMO, looks like it comes down to the Admiral is lying or Mitchell got his info second hand from Greer who is lying.

How do you rule out the possibility that Mitchell himself is lying?

Mitchell has said:

"...And he [Wilson] called me a few weeks later and said "You're right on, these things are real, I should be in charge of that but I'm not."

But Wilson is saying that didn't happen.

Mitchell is not saying that he got the information from Greer.

If the phone company hasn't destroyed its 1997 records--and I think the old ones are kept in storage on tape--then Wilson could ask to see his call-records for the month in question, in order to show that he made no call to Mitchell.

OTOH, if he did make a call to Mitchell, he'd have some explaining to do, because according to his version there was no reason to do so--he says he didn't pursue the matter.

If Wilson never told Mitchell what Mitchell said he did in Greer's book, why didn't Wilson call or e-mail Mitchell and/or Greer to request a correction when he learned from Dolan that he'd been misquoted?

How do you rule out the possibility that Mitchell himself is lying?

Mitchell has said:

But Wilson is saying that didn't happen.

Mitchell is not saying that he got the information from Greer.

If Mitchell said that then you are right, Mitchell is being misleading for some reason. I think Mitchell genuinely believes Wilson was not given access, but it seems he may be fudging the fact that Wilson's replay may be second hand instead of first hand.

In the Cox piece Mitchell makes it clear that - "Mitchell told De Void he never heard directly from Wilson after their initial meeting, but he says he trusts the veracity of the unnamed sources who told him of Wilson’s inability to penetrate security."

If this 'unnamed source' he mentions above is Greer than this is not credible at all IMO.

If Admiral wilson is saying this didnt happen, Edgar mitchells credibility goes out the window in the mind of the media. Admiral WILSON ISNT SAYING UFO'S EXIST, EDGAR MITCHELL IS. It is a fact the media and most of the wider audience will believe Admiral wilsons version of the events.IF Admiral wilson is lieing shame on him :confused:

If Mitchell said that then you are right, Mitchell is being misleading for some reason. I think Mitchell genuinely believes Wilson was not given access, but it seems he may be fudging the fact that Wilson's replay may be second hand instead of first hand.

Here is a link to an mp3 that Giuliano (Uforadio) provided that includes the June 2007 quote I mentioned:

http://tinyurl.com/5dgwhf

In the Cox piece Mitchell makes it clear that - "Mitchell told De Void he never heard directly from Wilson after their initial meeting, but he says he trusts the veracity of the unnamed sources who told him of Wilson’s inability to penetrate security."

I did not notice that; that sounds like another version of the story. Sigh.

If this 'unnamed source' he mentions above is Greer than this is not credible at all IMO.

Hmmm. You know, I think we (the Paracast community) might have reached a consensus on this point. :D

"If the Mitchell/Greer version of events is true, then Wilson was grossly negligent by confirming the existence of the "project", and even telling others about his own inability to access it. If the Mitchell/Greer version was true, and Wilson had stumbled across the program due to their prodding, I think he would simply have never responded to Mitchell/Greer or perhaps told them he found nothing. I don't think he would have confirmed the program existed by telling Mitchell/Greer that he couldn't get into it." Quote:fitzbew88

This theory may be to simplistic...

If Adm.Wilson discovered a program inside the Pentagon which was operating outside of the Constitutional Chain of Command,he may have seen it as his patriotic duty to get this information out too the public,even if it ment using unconventional means (Mitchell/Greer).

This theory may be to simplistic...

If Adm.Wilson discovered a program inside the Pentagon which was operating outside of the Constitutional Chain of Command,he may have seen it as his patriotic duty to get this information out too the public,even if it ment using unconventional means (Mitchell/Greer).

Well, you might be right. (I don't know who is lying.) But I hate to speculate that Wilson is lying --- he's the only one who is telling a consistent story (to DeVoid and Dolan). And at least it agrees with one version of Mitchell's story!

I'm trying not to speculate, and just look at what people are actually saying.

Back