• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A 'Sparkler' Experience

Tyger

Paranormal Adept
Not sure where to post because while this is an unidentified event it's not - I don't think - a UFO event as normally defined now. I call it a USO - an Unidentified Stationary Object. But it's not even an object - it was an event - so maybe it's a USE - Unidentified Stationary Event. :)

I usually have the television on to 'whatever' as I am doing my work in the late evenings, and last December I had it tuned to a channel that was showing UFO events. One in particular caught my attention: the story of a family/woman who had a 'sparkly tree' experience. What was intriguing was that a man had heard about her experience and realized that he had had an experience when young that was similar Then the program told his story - another 'sparkly tree' experience.

I am sitting there and flash on an experience I had in the mid-90's when I was living in Hawaii. At school the next day I wind up talking about my experience to my co-teacher - because it's now on my mind because of the show the previous evening - and then say the usual disclaimer: 'Kinda strange, no?' - and to my surprise she says my experience reminds her of something she and her brother saw in the desert outside of Palm Springs when they were young - a 'aparkler' experience, too.

So now I am wondering and it starts to nag at me - I've always wondered about the experience I had in Hawaii. At the time, I did tell colleagues about it - I did try to find an explanation. The general trend of explantation tended towards a phosphorescent phenomenon, apparently common in the islands. Has anyone heard of this? And another associated explanation had more to do with Hawaiian lore to do with the phosphorescence of the 'sacred bones' of the Ali'i buried at the base of trees.

I am interested in the science of what this might have been. It was quite dramatic. I am going to give only the basic outline of the experience - and if there is an interest I will give details (because it was actually quite detailed) - but I am more interested in if there are any people who have heard of such a phenomenon - and what might the explanation be.

I was living on the Big Island of Hawaii in a 'coffee shack' above the Pacific Ocean, in a place overlooking the historic location of the 'Place of Refuge' or Pu'uhonua O Honaunau. I had just moved into this small 'coffee shack' - really a very small house, or cottage. The nights are very dark on the Big Island on a moonless night - because of the observatories - and the Pacific Ocean is a great darkness when there are no ships passing. The highway was above the little house and separated from the house by a great deal of foliage, trees and bushes and what-all so that one did not see any cars passing. The road at that point, too, was straight - did not curve - and there were no street lights. The darkness was quite deep.

I was sleeping on the floor of my front room. It was a room that had board wall up to waist level and then had screens from that point up. The only clear view was to the front of me, the screen doors that opened out onto the lanai (or porch). From where I slept, then, I had a clear view of the Pacific Ocean and below the lanai coffee plants and avocado trees (because the 'shack' was high up on stilts and looked out over the coffee plantation) - but in the dark it was all impenetrable. I only saw my fabulous view in the light of the sun, or if there was a moon. Nor could I see any of the plants and trees below in front of the house in the night.

I slept near a wall, near the door to my right. On this particular night - newly moved in and new to the island - I was laying there with my eyes closed thinking about how dark it all was and how I'd never experienced such darkness - when I became aware of light. It took me a while - I opened my eyes and realized that I was seeing light all around the house. Because I'm a city dweller (usually) such light would not be unusual, so it took me a while to register that what I was seeing was not 'normal' in this situation. I looked to the front of me, where the lanai was and the clear view was of the view outside the front of the house - which should have been complete darkness and had been when I had laid down. What I saw were the plants, the leaves on the trees. It was like there was a car shining it's lights, or like a door had been opened from a lighted place shining into the dark.

In such a situation it takes a while to figure out what is going on - at least it did for me. Probably because everything was so new for me - but as I am laying there registering that I am actually seeing the foliage in this light I am reminded that I had just been musing on how dark a moonless Hawaiian night really is and then finally said to myself - hey! what is that? what's that light? So I stand up.

To my right is the door which opens onto a porch-like deck that leads to the back of the house and the stairs that lead down to the carport and driveway. I stand looking at the door, because standing up I am aware that the light source is coming from the area beyond the door. To the left of the door begins the screening and I can see that the light source is there behind the door and that the light then pours over the foliage from there to the front of the 'shack'. At the front of the 'shack' beyond the lanai I can see the tops of the trees with such clarity that I can make out the leaves on the trees. Imagine a dark hallway that has a door open from a lighted room - that was the kind of effect I was seeing - there was a major light source beyond the door and it threw shafts of ever-diminishing light into the night. It was like a door had opened from a lighted room.

In a situation like that lots of stuff happens very quickly - this is not normal, it's suppose to be dark, I am suppose to be alone, what is going on behind the door, do I unlock and open the door? I don't unlock the door. Instead I move to the left of the door and look out the screen to the right and this is what I see -

Outside the door, next to the deck entry-way leading to the door, was a huge avocado tree - huge, massive - and in that tree this is what I saw: imagine a sparkler from the 4th of July, but a huge one. Whatever it was, it seemed to be against the trunk of the tree - but whatever it was I did not have a clear view of it because of the interference of branches and leaves. But it was exceedingly bright and was within the tree and it was sending off sparks - it was 'sparkling' like a 4th of july sparkler - but it was huge. My memory is that I did hear crackling and popping. (I wrote the experience up in detail in my Journal, of course, but that Journal is in storage a long ways away from me right now). It then just winked out - just like that - gone. Total darkness. Door shut. (A metaphor, not meant to be suggestive of anything). I did not open the door to go outside to investigate in the darkness.

Anyone hear of anything like this? Any ideas? It seems to have been a phosphorescent event - but I've never heard of such a thing. Ball lightening doesn't seem to apply. there were some added elements to the story but for now this is the general outline of the event. Any thoughts?

Absolutely - and there was nothing unusual that I could see about the tree. Of course, not having looked at the tree prior, there was no way for me to know if there was any alteration to the tree. And what would I be looking for?

I only had the experience that one night and very soon after I got my furniture in and was sleeping in the back bedroom that had walls all around. If the event ever occurred again I didn't see it since I was in the back bedroom.

I did tell my experience to colleagues at school and got told that it was a good sign - that I had been honored by a visitation of a Hawaiian god. Okay. When I told my experience to the Hawaiana Teacher (a native Hawaiian) he went so far as to tell me the name of the god I had been visited by - and that it was, yes, a great honor and that I was being welcomed to the islands. He then told me about his experience of the same god on a road in the dark of the night - same phosphorescent kind of thing, though different 'behavior'.

When I mentioned the event to parents - I was doing me best to get a reasonable explanation, trust me - I heard about experiences people had when out rowing (Hawaiian rowing in teams) on the ocean - little lines of glowing balls rolling across the ocean and tumbling over the canoe and back onto the ocean and away. Identified (in laymen's terms) as a phosphorescent event but of unknown origin or composition.

In a visit to Pu'uhonua O Honaunau (the 'Place of Refuge') above which my little house looked down upon, a native Hawaiian told me that the bones of the ancient Ali'i were considered charged with sacred energy and were buried at the base/roots of avocado trees. He said that the tree I saw the event in was likely the site of a burial. Bones=Phosphorous. Dunno. There does not appear to be science on this.

Great story.

I'm sorry to sound so cynical, but might you have been welcomed by trickster-humans rather than gods? Perhaps the locals wanted to send a bit of local magic your way, all in good spirit?

You know, just like many advertise if a hotel is 'haunted' or whatever, it will be used to attract visitors.

The fact that you heard the crackling noises makes me think that maybe you did indeed see fireworks?

Great story.

I'm sorry to sound so cynical, but might you have been welcomed by trickster-humans rather than gods? Perhaps the locals wanted to send a bit of local magic your way, all in good spirit?

You know, just like many advertise if a hotel is 'haunted' or whatever, it will be used to attract visitors.

The fact that you heard the crackling noises makes me think that maybe you did indeed see fireworks?

Not at all - cynical/skeptical is good. ;)

It crosses my mind, too. Was I being tricked by my new colleagues at school? Thought occurred to me. There is also a very persuasive reason to think along those lines: when I came in to school the next morning a few teachers looked at me and said: 'Oh - she's seen it - you've been visited.' How did they know that I had had an odd experience? They said because I was 'different'. It was the look in my eyes. They could tell - and they all had had similar experiences of the 'gods'. I even asked them had they done it or knew about it - and they swore up an down they hadn't - and for the length of my stay in Hawaii no one ever said otherwise. Yet....

But there are reasons why I am willing to think not - though for sure it could have been tricksters. Even as I tell the story and think back on Judy's smiles, I wonder. One can always be distrustful and paranoid about such things - or conversely, gullible and a dupe. But consider -

No sound of a car, for one, and whoever would have done it would have had to have come by car, and if they in fact had managed to walk down the rather steep and windy driveway (in total darkness , no less, no mean feat - I never saw flashlights), wouldn't I have heard them? Yes, I would have.

How did they get up in the tree? Wouldn't I have heard that? I for sure would have - it was all screened and open. The tree was large - with few lower branches - how would they have gotten up there? The light was huge - just on the top portion of the tree trunk, probably 20 feet in length - and the width of the tree trunk. How could they have achieved that? Wouldn't I have seen residue of the burning firework - if that's what it was - in the morning? Wouldn't I have smelt the sulphur? I didn't.

In Hawaii on the Big Island - at least back then - everyone bought fireworks to put on private displays at New Year's (usually watched from boats and ships on the ocean). Was something set up during the day when I wasn't home and then set off at night? One possibility - that it was some kind of 'ground' firework that was set off by one person because it was already set up. I've never gone this far in my thinking about it - but you've gotten me thinking it through. Okay - but it wasn't just once - it started up and then just went out - poof! Complete stop - no fizzle out - and what I didn't mention was that it did this for sure twice and possibly three times. On-off. On-off. Like a switch. And this last is major - while I believe I did hear popping and crackling - I smelled no sulphur, saw no smoke - and at that scale, I think I would have, I think I should have.

And then there is this - I've never heard of this happening to anyone else. If this was on the order of a common trickster thing to do to newcomers, I would think I would have eventually heard about the practice. In all my time that year whenever I mentioned it no one - except the Hawaiiana Teacher - admitted to having had a similar experience. When I was back in the same general area of Kailua-Kona ten years later, I was given no such 'welcome' - and I never heard of any other newcomer having such a 'welcome'. So what to make of that?

Overall - I am more inclined to think I observed a phenomenon that is rarely seen and so not studied. The Native Hawaiian culture was familiar enough with the phenomenon to have it be a god with a name. The scientific 'explanation' was a shrug. Dismissed - and maybe it should be. Dunno.

Ah, to have had the courage to open the door and go down the stairs into the darkness under the tree and look at it from every angle! Instead, I was a wuss! :( :p

Ah, to have had the courage to open the door and go down the stairs into the darkness under the tree and look at it from every angle! Instead, I was a wuss! :( :p
I wasn't gonna mention that :p

Indeed, it seems that there are indications that someone local may have showered you with fire magic. The lack of smoke and smell does of course make that less likely, but right off hand, that's still what I'd go with. Maybe they planned it beforehand so all someone had to do was to sneak up and light a fuse. I imagine you didn't notice if anything was in the tree before you went to bed?

If a fireworks fountain is modular, I imagine that it could appear to completely stop, until the next fountain battery gets ignited.

But I'm not saying I know what happened, these are just my immediate thoughts.

regarding the show about the woman who had the sparkley tree experience- this lady lives about a mile from my home.
She has appeared on two different "UFO" programs- the first was the Bucks County,Pa UFO flap (UFO's over Earth?) and the most recent program, I believe was the recent "Alien Mysteries" -where her story was told in more detail than the previous program. I don't think it was that her account had changed, only that the first program concentrated more on the evidence of her experience -where MUFON came in to collect samples of the tree, and other trees for comparison. There were some unusual findings in the sample of the tree in question, that should not have been there -I can't recall the specifics.
The difference between the two seperate accounts, in the recent "Alien Mystery" program, she recounts seeing the object on several different nights, while alone. I know the apartment complex she resides, and did find it unusual that no other witnesses were found, as route 13 (major road) runs above this complex.

Absolutely - and there was nothing unusual that I could see about the tree. Of course, not having looked at the tree prior, there was no way for me to know if there was any alteration to the tree. And what would I be looking for?

Apparently one species of firefly was introduced to Hawaii for the purpose of controlling the snail population. A Species of Pyrophorus ( Coleoptera, fam. Elateridae ), a bioluminescent click beetle from Guatemala, was also introduced into Hawaii, which might explain the crackling sound.

Nice one, ufology. If they were fireflies, do you think that a whole tree of bugs decided to leave at the same time (in groups), and just decided to find another tree? Do you know how they behave in that regard?

I couldn't find a good video..

Nice one, ufology. If they were fireflies, do you think that a whole tree of bugs decided to leave at the same time (in groups), and just decided to find another tree? Do you know how they behave in that regard?

Well, from the story, it wasn't really the "whole tree". It was, to quote, "imagine a sparkler from the 4th of July, but a huge one. Whatever it was, it seemed to be against the trunk of the tree." So it sounds more like something localized on the tree trunk in a specific area. So if they were bioluminescent click beetles, maybe they were all attracted there or were there to begin with and came out from under the bark. I've seen photos of large bushes covered in butterflies, and insects tend to swarm. I dunno what else to suggest right now. After this, we seem to jump off into the land of the paranormal ... like some kind of tree life energy aura thing, or spirits of ancient Hawaiians.

Ah, Jimi H. - the second video has pictures that are very close to the event - just create a vividly bright long-narrow'ish center - this light projected out over a long distance (but diminishing from the center as it went), illuminating the tops of trees, there was enough light to see leaves clearly - and it shone down, so that I saw the tops of the trees and the coffee plants, not from under - and around were flying these 'sparks', the 'sparks' looked like they were being 'thrown out' like with a sparkler, but I could see it also as a 'swarming'. Yes. Especially given the sound. For all the world it looked like a 4th of July sparkler - and there were 'crackling' sounds - could it have been 'clicking' sounds? yes - so it wasn't just a light, like a head lamp (my first thought was a car from the road, but not possible).

Honestly, the hair goes on end when faced with something you cannot explain. The mind races. That's the problem.

ufology, imagine this sound with a swarm - that would be the sound I heard -

bioluminescent click beetles,
LINK:

I haven't been back to the Big Island in ten years - the thought occurs to me to perhaps approach someone at the university about it (insect phenomenon or phosphorescent phenomenon). Also to visit some old colleagues and 'arm wrastle' them into submission/admission. If it was a practical joke it was one helluva one. They got me! Big time! That is if that was what it was. There is also the physical fact of the volcano - an active one - though it is about 60 miles distant from Captain Cook. Still, a volcano might have side effects......maybe.

There is one other possibility that I kept mulling over, and I did wonder about it at the time (because my brain interpreted what I saw as a firework-like event) - and that was the house next door - which was a household that purchased fireworks for displays. The house was not close and to reach my little house (without using the road) would have meant negotiating some very intense thickets and undergrowth and I very much doubt anyone would do that at night (plus I would have heard them). The potential for scorpions (minimal risk at that elevation but still possible) and centipedes (eek! - run for your life!), or a wild pig - just not worth the risk. Setting something up during the day when I was gone - that was something I never considered. But I never had any dealings with them whatsoever - and what fun is a trick on that scale if one doesn't investigate the effects on the victim of the practical joke.

Anyway, I want to thank you all for the good conversation about this. I've never really talked about it much - except to occasionally reference it as this oddity.

But then what about my young teacher friend - who when I told her about my experience proceeded to tell me about this event she and her brother saw in the desert around Palm Springs when they were teenagers: a narrow column-like sparkly light - she thought the description of a 4th of July sparkler fit. It was moving towards them and scared the beegeezuz out of them. Again, because of an event happening that goes outside the bounds of known experience - a brain-freeze occurs. It's not a pleasant feeling when you realize adrenaline is pumping in over-drive. The brain-lock that ensues makes calm assessment near impossible.

'Next time' I will open the door - :eek: - go down the stairs and check the damn thing out!

Regarding the show about the woman who had the sparkley tree experience- this lady lives about a mile from my home.

She has appeared on two different "UFO" programs - the first was the Bucks County, Pa UFO flap (UFO's over Earth?) and the most recent program, I believe was the recent "Alien Mysteries" - where her story was told in more detail than the previous program. I don't think it was that her account had changed, only that the first program concentrated more on the evidence of her experience - where MUFON came in to collect samples of the tree, and other trees for comparison. There were some unusual findings in the sample of the tree in question, that should not have been there - I can't recall the specifics.

The difference between the two separate accounts, in the recent "Alien Mystery" program, she recounts seeing the object on several different nights, while alone. I know the apartment complex she resides, and did find it unusual that no other witnesses were found, as route 13 (major road) runs above this complex.

I saw the "Alien Mysteries" one - and one other factor in that show was that a man came forward from Florida with a story recounting a childhood experience of a sparkly tree. Probably after seeing the first show.

Given what you are saying - do you distrust the woman's story? If I lived in an apartment complex I would for sure have either pounded on the wall for people to see, too, or have yelled out to get some attention. Didn't she see it initially with her husband?

The problem with the tree sampling is the length of time that had passed from the event to the sampling, and the exact nature of the tests. There was not enough factual information about the 'investigation' - but that was the show where I heard about MUFON and that they had 'investigators'.

BTW the animation for the woman's sparkly tree was reminiscent of, but was not exact to, what I saw. The event I saw was far more an event with a central elongated light against a tree trunk, with attendant sparks 'crackling' or 'clicking' around it, like a sparkler or akin to a swarm.

Tyger, your experience reminds me of a similar phenomenon reported along with a ufo sighting in the US some years ago (I don't remember which state it took place in, but it was between five and ten years ago, closer to five). This was a report by two people living separately in an area near the ufo sighting and the same night of the sighting. They both saw one or more trees near their homes that were filled with silvery light tinging the edges of the leaves. That's all I recall but it could be related.

Tyger, your experience reminds me of a similar phenomenon reported along with a ufo sighting in the US some years ago (I don't remember which state it took place in, but it was between five and ten years ago, closer to five). This was a report by two people living separately in an area near the ufo sighting and the same night of the sighting. They both saw one or more trees near their homes that were filled with silvery light tinging the edges of the leaves. That's all I recall but it could be related.

Thank you, Constance. I wonder how I could find a write-up about that? I'm very interested.

BTW just for clarification - when I said that it went on/off, I didn't see it do that. What happened was I stood there for a while and then decided to lay back down - I wasn't going to open the door - so I laid down - and poof! complete darkness. I stood up and looked around. Nothing. Black moonless night all around me. Tree could not be seen in darkness. Okay. While I am standing there looking ahead of me in the direction of the ocean suddenly I become aware of shafts of light - like a door opening in a hallway (a metaphor not to be taken literally) revealing the tree tops in front of me - the leaves. Like beams of a big flashlight. I look to my right and realize the tree must again be alight because light is pouring from my right. I never actually see it go off/on in front of me. As I said, I wrote this up in detail the next day in my Journal but the Journal is not available to me right now.

Tyger, I will try to remember the approximate date and location of that report and also do some searching. Your experience in Hawaii is very interesting, and your memory of it is vivid, like the memories all of us have of such experiences, even many years later. I still remember vividly my first ufo sighting from a Delta airliner traveling along the western shore of Lake Michigan in the winter of 1990. My daughter, then three and half years old, was sitting to my right in the window seat over the wing. I was reading to her. She suddenly jostled my right arm and pointed out the window. I then looked through the window and saw an enormous brilliant white light a short distance off the wing tip. It was close enough and large enough to fill almost the entire cabin window. It appeared to be circular but was apparently encased behind a squarish-shaped and very thick glass. It must have been hovering there since we were traveling at typical airliner speed and there was time for her to see it, jostle my arm, point it out to me, and for me to observe it as we moved past it. My first thought was that it must have been a lighthouse light a short distance off-shore, perhaps around Racine, for we had passed over Chicago. I even asked friends who met us if they had ever seen a lighthouse light in flying into Milwaukee on that route. No one had, and it was years later, when I described the sighting to someone who had worked at the Johnson Space Center (and who had had a number of ufo sightings), and he said, "oh, then you saw one." Even then it took me a day to realize why he could be so sure; I finally realized that of course it could not have been a lighthouse light since we would have been flying way above such a thing. It was about that time, after reading USA Today's coverage of the Phoenix Lights (in the summer of 1997) that I began to search out and read ufo research and history. Had I been less distracted and naieve in 1990 I would have asked the pilot, other crew, or passengers if they had seen this light as we departed the plane, or at least reflected on the sighting on my own. It was, by the way, late at night when my daughter and I saw this light. Also the weather was perfectly calm and the skies were clear.

Interesting experience, Constance. I don't understand the 'square' and 'behind glass'. Could you explain? Would be great if you could do a computer graphic of it. Did you question the man who said 'you saw one'?

I view these things as phenomena - not as alien craft - and as phenomena alone they are fascinating enough without that overlay. The best one can do is say what they are not. It is way too quick a jump to say what they are. Just my opinion.

Interesting experience, Constance. I don't understand the 'square' and 'behind glass'. Could you explain? Would be great if you could do a computer graphic of it. Did you question the man who said 'you saw one'?

I view these things as phenomena - not as alien craft - and as phenomena alone they are fascinating enough without that overlay. The best one can do is say what they are not. It is way too quick a jump to say what they are. Just my opinion.

I understand and respect your perspective, Tyger. I've been pursuing both paranormal research and ufo research for years, and for me what unites them, and needs to be explored, is the not-yet-understood phenomenon of consciousness itself and the ways in which consciousness and mind (containing different layers of awareness and information) interact with the physical world in general and at times with nonphysical or differently physical aspects of what we call reality.. Both paranormal and ufo-related experiences seem to me to bypass ordinary waking consciousness and connect in some ways with information located in the personal subconscious, the collective unconscious, and our species' collective consciousness. I still think that most or many well-investigated ufo sightings and events have involved actual machines (craft) demonstrating highly developed technology beyond our own. A large body of evidence based in reports of close encounters with ufo occupants outside landed crafts suggests that those beings can and do communicate with humans telepathically. And that supports the hypothesis that advanced et species have highly developed minds that have learned how to communicate directly, mind to mind, with one another and even to trigger our own latent abilities to at least receive such communications.

Re the 'square' and 'behind glass' aspects of my sighting from the airliner, what I perceived was both the clear brilliance of the light and an apparent squarish enclosure in which it was located, behind very thick very clear glass. The shape of that enclosure, which I saw only from a position facing it directly, was squarish but with rounded corners. I can't draw well, unfortunately, with a pencil or a computer, so I hope this description is clearer. What I've described is all I saw; I did not see extensions of whatever enclosed this light other than the squarish and very thick glass in front of it. My describing my and Annie's sighting occurred in a conversation with the man formerly employed by Johnson Space Center (the father of one of my daughter's classmates) in which he had been relating his ufo experiences after talking about the space program. I didn't ask him how he could be so sure that I'd "seen one." He continued on with his own stream of conversation at that point. I thought he was so sure because he'd heard of other similar sightings.

regarding the show about the woman who had the sparkley tree experience- this lady lives about a mile from my home.
She has appeared on two different "UFO" programs- the first was the Bucks County,Pa UFO flap (UFO's over Earth?) and the most recent program, I believe was the recent "Alien Mysteries" -where her story was told in more detail than the previous program. I don't think it was that her account had changed, only that the first program concentrated more on the evidence of her experience -where MUFON came in to collect samples of the tree, and other trees for comparison. There were some unusual findings in the sample of the tree in question, that should not have been there -I can't recall the specifics.
The difference between the two seperate accounts, in the recent "Alien Mystery" program, she recounts seeing the object on several different nights, while alone. I know the apartment complex she resides, and did find it unusual that no other witnesses were found, as route 13 (major road) runs above this complex.

The experience you're referring to might be the one I remember reading about. I do remember that ufo investigators (perhaps MUFON) questioned the woman about the tree phenomenon. When and where did it occur? I think it is the same case, for I recall that samples of the leaves and other parts of the tree were taken. Do you know what the results were of the testing of those samples?

The experience you're referring to might be the one I remember reading about. I do remember that ufo investigators (perhaps MUFON) questioned the woman about the tree phenomenon. When and where did it occur?

Ah, if this is the one you are talking about - the sequence was this: as mentioned by Stagger Lee the woman's experience was reported in a show on UFO's that a man in Florida saw. He then came forward with his own childhood experience of something similar - therefore, this was not one experience, seen on the same night, from different vantage points, by two people.

It was seeing this show talking about the two people that got me thinking back onto my own sparkly tree incident - which btw is reminiscent of the two people's experiences (in the sparkly aspect and that it was involving a tree) but in actual details my experience differs fundamentally, I think. (If I am to go by the animation that was developed and shown on the show).

"Do you distrust this woman's story?"
Not sure what to think. Sample's from the tree did show something unusual. It could be the way the two different programs presented her account. The first program "UFO's over Earth?" told her experience as an encounter of the first kind -and the 2nd program turned it into an encounter of the 2nd kind where the craft interacted with HER on more than one night.

Back