• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

A minor complaint, love the show but it's wearing on me...

Does anybody else feel this way?

• No, you are a jerk-head and you should feel bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obviously you are controlled by the government, GTFO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

deadpool

Paranormal Novice
I've been listening to the Paracast for a while now. Was a Coast 2 Coast listener but they left chicago and frankly George will put anyone on, and their guests are wackos and scammers. I've got a couple bugs I'd appreciate you guys looking into:

All's Roswell that ends well...

I'm getting a little irritated hearing you bring up how you guys won't talk about Roswell but then continue to talk about Roswell for twenty minutes... In almost every podcast.

(M)o (UF) ve (ON) with your lives...

I feel like most of the ufo/paranormal/alien organizations out there are weak. Never once did I think Mufon was doing anything groundbreaking to the cause... I get you guys are annoyed with this but if I hear Jan Harzan or Mufon one more time on your show I might jump off a cliff.

Your listeners complain about you being too political. Is this U.S. political? Or U.F.O political? Either way, I remember the show being a little more on topic than it's gotten lately. Maybe they are like me and just want more interesting stories and deep dives into the subject and less drama and complaining.

Be my guest, be my guest, but check your reality at the door... (I know it didn't rhyme)

You guys poopoo C2C all the time, I get it. But I would think that if you're going to criticize a show for having "out there" guests, you'd avoid having those guests on your show as well... Or if you do, grill the bastards.

Enter Joshua P Warren (A.K.A. Schill, C2C Guest Host, Seller of B.S. Goods) When he muttered the name "wishing machine" I nearly drove my car into a ditch. Are you kidding me? $200 for a guitar pedal that can be fine tuned to empty your wallet and shatter your dreams. An online paranormal course for $200 a seat? This guy is 1 symposium away from being Dr. Stephen Greer.

Please for the love of all things terrestrial, quit it with the superiority complex, either sit in the middle of the road or pick a side. And if you stay in the middle, try to go 5 episodes without mentioning Roswell or Mufon.

I'm saying this tongue and cheek, but there's a level of seriousness. My only other options are C2C or all the rest of the hard-believer / hard-debunker's with SH!TTY audio podcasts.

I might even consider paying for paracast+ if I knew I wasn't just signing up for C2C with a splash of whiskey.

Yours,
Deadpooltaxi

I've been listening to the Paracast for a while now. Was a Coast 2 Coast listener but they left chicago and frankly George will put anyone on, and their guests are wackos and scammers. I've got a couple bugs I'd appreciate you guys looking into:

All's Roswell that ends well...

I'm getting a little irritated hearing you bring up how you guys won't talk about Roswell but then continue to talk about Roswell for twenty minutes... In almost every podcast.

(M)o (UF) ve (ON) with your lives...

I feel like most of the ufo/paranormal/alien organizations out there are weak. Never once did I think Mufon was doing anything groundbreaking to the cause... I get you guys are annoyed with this but if I hear Jan Harzan or Mufon one more time on your show I might jump off a cliff.

Your listeners complain about you being too political. Is this U.S. political? Or U.F.O political? Either way, I remember the show being a little more on topic than it's gotten lately. Maybe they are like me and just want more interesting stories and deep dives into the subject and less drama and complaining.

Be my guest, be my guest, but check your reality at the door... (I know it didn't rhyme)

You guys poopoo C2C all the time, I get it. But I would think that if you're going to criticize a show for having "out there" guests, you'd avoid having those guests on your show as well... Or if you do, grill the bastards.

Enter Joshua P Warren (A.K.A. Schill, C2C Guest Host, Seller of B.S. Goods) When he muttered the name "wishing machine" I nearly drove my car into a ditch. Are you kidding me? $200 for a guitar pedal that can be fine tuned to empty your wallet and shatter your dreams. An online paranormal course for $200 a seat? This guy is 1 symposium away from being Dr. Stephen Greer.

Please for the love of all things terrestrial, quit it with the superiority complex, either sit in the middle of the road or pick a side. And if you stay in the middle, try to go 5 episodes without mentioning Roswell or Mufon.

I'm saying this tongue and cheek, but there's a level of seriousness. My only other options are C2C or all the rest of the hard-believer / hard-debunker's with SH!TTY audio podcasts.

I might even consider paying for paracast+ if I knew I wasn't just signing up for C2C with a splash of whiskey.

Yours,
Deadpooltaxi

Agreed on much of this.

The show needs to get out of its comfort zone a bit, i.e. track other paranormal subjects besides UFOs. Yes, yes - it's done from time to time, but in a four week period, I think one UFO episode would be enough, given how many other cool things there are in the broader paranormal world. This is particularly true given that there isn't much of anything happening with UFOs that is new and current. But there are ghost investigating groups everywhere, running investigations all the time, that have all sorts of things they could discuss - and the show could potentially compare results from one area to another. Remote viewing, synchronicities, consciousness, futurism... etc., etc., etc.

In short, a better balance.

And this will sound strange coming from an historian, but less of the "good old days" stuff from ufology. Once every few months, but no more.

Look to the present and future.

Excelsior! :)

Last edited:
Agreed on much of this.

The show needs to get out of its comfort zone a bit, i.e. track other paranormal subjects besides UFOs. Yes, yes - it's done from time to time, but in a four week period, I think one UFO episode would be enough, given how many other cool things there are in the broader paranormal world. This is particularly true given that there isn't much of anything happening with UFOs that is new and current. But there are ghost investigating groups everywhere, running investigations all the time, that have all sorts of things they could discuss - and the show could potentially compare results from one area to another. Remote viewing, synchronicities, consciousness, futurism... etc., etc., etc.

In short, a better balance.

And this will sound strange coming from an historian, but less of the "good old days" stuff from ufology. Once every few months, but no more.

Look to the present and future.

Excelsior! :)

Good to hear I'm not the only one! I probably could have proof read my rant and wrote it better, so, sorry to anyone who finds it annoying.

Just want to keep things fresh, paint with a broader brush. Shows of late have been stale with UFO non-news.

I think we're past the MUFON discussion, which is why you'll notice I shut it down when Rick Hilberg mentioned them on last weekend's episode.

Roswell talk is also down.

As to the rest: It always depends on available guests. We have someone coming up with an older abduction case that may not be UFO related, and thus takes us into a different area. Jerry Clark also states that UFO sightings and abductions represent two different types of phenomena. Red Pill Junkie was one of many to suggest a relationship with NDE and abductions, which again takes the latter out of the UFO zone.

Points all taken.

I for one have no issue with talking politics on the show. Wish we would have more, in fact.

For better or for worse this entire field is wrapped up in politics.

If I had a wish, it would be for the show to focus more on current events, data and findings, and new ways of thinking than on older cases. That isn't a criticism, it's a wish - it is the best show of it's kind.

And branch out - if you want to talk weird, there's few things weirder than Gobekli Tepe for example. Or the attempts at decrypting the bizarre Rosslyn Chapel, which I had the pleasure in showing my kids a couple weeks ago.

Or this one from Toronto last year:

There was also the commercial airplane over Toronto that had a near miss with an object while on a routine flight Nov. 14.

“The flight crew noticed an object directly ahead on their flight path. The object appeared to be solid, approximately five to eight feet in diameter and shaped like an upright doughnut or inner tube,” the study reported.

“Cabin crew members received minor injuries when evasive action was taken. While the object was not likely a balloon and was suggested to be a drone, it was noted that drones could not fly at that altitude and distance.”

The Transportation Safety Board ruled the incident as “a near collision with an unidentified airborne object.”
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/31/more-than-1000-ufo-sightings-in-canada-in-2016-report

Last edited:
Or a super cool idea would be to have a call in show with some of the posters here to chat about their experiences, possible explanations, and things that they could possibly do to better understand their experiences.

Well, thats the problem with this field, there aren't any substantial new cases... I can get politics anywhere. And nothing super interesting has happened politically in this field lately so what are we doing?

And the range of paranormal on here used to be wider. It's the paracast, not the ufosonly-cast.
Disagree strongly.

Weird crap happens all the time. It's the human condition. It may not always present like 60s contactee scenarios or strieberesque nocturnal visits - but life is change.

And politics comes into play all the time.

There is politics and there is partisan politics. I have no problem with talk about UFOs (and paranormal topics) when they relate to government behaviors, issues of secrecy, etc. I have no interest in listening to the bashing of one political party or another or one politician or another when it's completely unrelated to any paranormal topic (which I haven't heard done on the Paracast for a long time).

I think @marduk was referring to politics within the UFO field though so to add my opinion: I have a little more tolerance for listening to UFO politics, but the subject does get stale after a while. I realize UFO politics is part of the subject and can't be completely divorced from the core subject, but really, I want to learn more about the core subject, whether it's about old cases that haven't been discussed in detail, paranormal history or new cases and insights.

There is politics and there is partisan politics. I have no problem with talk about UFOs (and paranormal topics) when they relate to government behaviors, issues of secrecy, etc. I have no interest in listening to the bashing of one political party or another or one politician or another when it's completely unrelated to any paranormal topic (which I haven't heard done on the Paracast for a long time).

I think @marduk was referring to politics within the UFO field though so to add my opinion: I have a little more tolerance for listening to UFO politics, but the subject does get stale after a while. I realize UFO politics is part of the subject and can't be completely divorced from the core subject, but really, I want to learn more about the core subject, whether it's about old cases that haven't been discussed in detail, paranormal history or new cases and insights.
Actually I don't give a damn about UFO field level politics - like the stuff about what some guy said vs some other guy said.

For example, Trump is having an effect on UFO organizations. I haven't heard it discussed because its a political hot button.

Actually I don't give a damn about UFO field level politics - like the stuff about what some guy said vs some other guy said.

For example, Trump is having an effect on UFO organizations. I haven't heard it discussed because its a political hot button.

That's a good example of what I wouldn't be interested in listening to on the Paracast.

What? Why would Trump have an impact on UFO organizations? That's a puzzle. :confused:
He's simultaneously mainstreamed conspiracy theory yet polarized the political agenda so everything is either far left or far right.

Why American UFO folks haven't woken up to this opportunity I have no idea. I mean, one could easily paint non-disclosure as a liberal elite conspiracy. And if Trump wanted to drain the swamp...

Previous folks have also said that conflict raises sightings. One might wonder what is happening in Korea right now.

One might also want to consider the impact of the generalized uptick in polarization and conflict in America and what the response of whatever it is might be.

Off the top of my head...

Well, one thing for sure, the Trump phenomenon has scrambled brains big time. :( Will we ever have 'normalcy' back?

I'd really like to hear the show Gene was no doubt hoping for. Some of those arguments are older than I am. That type of show is usually fun and informative. Seems like they are usually also tribute shows, which may tend to keep the discussion focused better. Gene tried. And tried. And tried some more. Who wants to hear arguments about Nixon? The comments about Moseley were a lot more fun and much more relevant. More Barker, less McCarthy. Successful bullshit artists are ever so much more interesting.

I think we're past the MUFON discussion, which is why you'll notice I shut it down when Rick Hilberg mentioned them on last weekend's episode.

Roswell talk is also down.

As to the rest: It always depends on available guests. We have someone coming up with an older abduction case that may not be UFO related, and thus takes us into a different area. Jerry Clark also states that UFO sightings and abductions represent two different types of phenomena. Red Pill Junkie was one of many to suggest a relationship with NDE and abductions, which again takes the latter out of the UFO zone.

Points all taken.
Joe Montaldo would be an alternative point of view to the MUFON stuff we are all tired of. Remember how popular David Jacobs was as a guest? Joe would be just as polarizing (imo).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Joe Montaldo would be an alternative point of view to the MUFON stuff we are all tired of. Remember how popular David Jacobs was as a guest? Joe would be just as polarizing (imo).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
If you want polarizing, bring Tom DeLonge on.

Back