• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

50th aniversery kinross incident

nov 23rd 1963 what do you guys think happened?

Holy Crap,
I can't believe that anyone has commented on this. This is a very interesting incident. To this day they still haven't located the F-89 Scorpion that disappeared over Lake Superior, or if they have, they are not telling ayone. From what I remember that I've read, Moncla was a very capable pilot, but I think that one of his fellow aviators stated that Moncla had suffered from vertigo on more than one occasion. I know that this doesn't exlpain the second radar blip on the scope that was closing with Moncla's F-89, but I'm sure someone will offer it up as a reason for the F-89 disappearing from radar and subsequently crashing into the lake. I think the Canadian Government tried to offer up a DC-3 as the second radar blip. But If I remember correctly, those DC-3 pilots were tracked down and stated that they were no where near the F-89 when it disappeared. Thanks for the post!!!!

Back