• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

3D Renderings

ProphetofOccam

Paranormal Adept
Firstly, to the web developer of this site, it is SUPER unintuitive that clicking "home" takes you to the main Paracast website, rather than the directory of the forums page.

Anyway, as I'm sure nobody here knows or remembers, I make my living via digital art, primarily 3D graphics and illustration. I'm currently working on my kid's Halloween costume (she wants to be a bat), which requires the use of sculpting software. As I got started working on the thing, I got a notification about the Music thread, reminding me of this site.

It hit me that it might be fun to do some reasonable renderings of some the crafts or weirder beings some of the people who use the forums feel they've witnessed or experienced. Just something one could use to show others when talking about this stuff.

So, if anyone has anything they'd like to see rendered, I'm offering to do that for a limited number of people (and until my fickle mind loses interest). Just provide as detailed a description as you can with as many reference images as you can provide (no matter how crudely rendered), and I'll see if I can't replicate the object of your experiences.

Here's a link to a thing I made back when I was learning this stuff, maybe seven or so years ago (posted five years ago), that was made to simulate some kind of encounter or experience (starring my wife):

I will probably only have time to do a few, so get 'me while they're hot.

Not my own sighting, but one I am very interested in:

C. L (Kelly) Johnson who was a designer and some others had this sighting in 1953:

MAXW-PBB19-1713_screen.jpg

You can find the descriptions and more information here:

http://www.nicap.org/docs/lockufo3.pdf

It would be very interesting to see your interpretation if you have the will and time :)
Thank you
Best wishes

My issue here is that nobody seems to ever describe the blue flames (that I'm able to read). Is there a transcription somewhere with this information?

My issue here is that nobody seems to ever describe the blue flames (that I'm able to read). Is there a transcription somewhere with this information?

Sorry I should have said that sketch is of two different UFO's one seen in 1953 top and one seen in 1951 bottom. I consider the 1953 one to be better because it was witnessed from both the air and ground.

But if you like the second one better than that is fine too, re description of blue emanation/flames:

Page 8 second paragraph: http://www.nicap.org/docs/lockufo3.pdf:

"I should also state that about two years ago Mrs. Johnson and I saw an object I believed at the time. and still do, to be a saucer. Flying west of Brents Junction, California, on a very dark night. I did not see the object itself but saw a clearly defined flame or emanation, as shown on the attached sketch: This object was travelling from east to west at a very high speed and no noise. The flame or emanation was a beautiful light blue, having extremely well defined edges. My first impression was that it was an afterburning airplane, but the lack of noise and the pure spread eliminated that possibility completely." C. L. (Kelly) Johnson

The flying wing explanation is irresistible. I saw a B2 fly past one day. It was whisper quiet. Maybe the early YB-49s were too when they weren't taking off. Engines are in about the right place. I know some of the details don't fit the case, but bottom line is it still looks more like an unidentified aircraft than a UFO.

Wow that must have been quite a sight!

Re the Flying wing: I have to wonder if it influenced Johnson when he designed this:

447px-F117_Schematics.jpg

If you take off the tail fins.

I think that the F-117 may have very well influenced the B-2 (which was later and not built by Lockheed)

2880px-B2_silhouette.JPG

From what I read, it was just a featureless, metallic disc. Probably similar to what it'd look like if someone spilled mercury across the evening sky.

Like the shape of the craft wasn't a wing. That's an illustration of another disc that had some kind of flame engulfing it from the front.

I can definitely do that, but I think there are tons of examples about. I'll do and try to have it up tomorrow.

If anyone has any creatures or more technical sightings, I'd be up for those, too.

I think it'd be fun to do a couple of really unique examples.

Wow that must have been quite a sight! I think that the F-117 may have very well influenced the B-2
Indeed. It was the coolest airplane I've ever seen. It was based on the YB-49 ad both were built by Northrop Grumman, and bot have the same wingspan: 172.0 ft (52.4 m). Thirty years later, in April 1980, Jack Northrop, then quite elderly and wheelchair bound, was taken back to the company he founded. There, he was ushered into a classified area and shown a scale model of the Air Force's forthcoming but still highly classified Advanced Technology Bomber, which would eventually become known as the B-2; it was a sleek, all-wing design. Looking over its familiar lines, Northrop, unable to speak due to various illnesses, was reported to have written on a pad: "I know why God has kept me alive for the past 25 years." Jack Northrop died 10 months later, in February 1981, eight years before the first B-2 entered Air Force service. - Wikipedia

Indeed. It was the coolest airplane I've ever seen. It was based on the YB-49 ad both were built by Northrop Grumman, and bot have the same wingspan: 172.0 ft (52.4 m). Thirty years later, in April 1980, Jack Northrop, then quite elderly and wheelchair bound, was taken back to the company he founded. There, he was ushered into a classified area and shown a scale model of the Air Force's forthcoming but still highly classified Advanced Technology Bomber, which would eventually become known as the B-2; it was a sleek, all-wing design. Looking over its familiar lines, Northrop, unable to speak due to various illnesses, was reported to have written on a pad: "I know why God has kept me alive for the past 25 years." Jack Northrop died 10 months later, in February 1981, eight years before the first B-2 entered Air Force service. - Wikipedia

Thank you very much for pointing that out, lots of food for thought.

here is my version of the second sketch:
CLJUFO.png

Not sure what system you are using.
On my PC using Firefox or Chrome for uploading images: when logged into the paracast forum:

uplod.png

It maybe different on different devices.

And I am not sure about video formats but I think they might be limited to .MOV .MP4

Maybe ask Gene he will know much better than me.

This one seemed to be a mostly featureless disc. One image is a rough representation of the first experience listed in the documents. The second image is a profile and top view of the craft that several people described.

If anyone has anything more involved (lights, moving parts, etc), I'm still down to do a few.

Attachments

• Reflective_Disc_003.png
    Reflective_Disc_003.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Reflective_Disc_006.png
    Reflective_Disc_006.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 13
Like Han, anyone can also feel free to find an example of a sighting or experience they've always liked, and would like to see a visual of (or one that has visuals, but no 3D work).

I'd just pick some myself but it's always more interesting to work on renderings you wouldn't otherwise probably do yourself.

Back