• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

1967, The Falcon Lake Landing, Stephen Michalak

Apocalypto

Paranormal Maven
I was just scanning the CBC web site and noticed this link.

I thought I'd share. The Michalak case has always fascinated me.

Canada's most famous UFO encounter

It can border on the outrageous, the credible and even the entrepreneurial. For centuries people claimed to have boarded UFOs, encountered aliens and even sipped on Crop Circle Beer. Skeptics may dismiss believers as nerds and nutters but there's no doubting the increasing popularity of the paranormal in the mainstream. Canada has one of the highest rates of UFO sightings per capita and, for many Canadians, life beyond earth is a definite reality.

Great case !

40 years ago a friend of mine (aged 12 at the time) and her grandfather witnessed a craft land in his garden (typical silver metallic saucer). A few small beings came out, poked at the ground, retrieved a few veggies, climbed back up and zoomed out when she and her grandad tried to get closer. (this is before ET:the movie came out ;)).

Unfortunately she made the easy mistake of talking about the event at school. Never talked about it again until a few years ago.

Its a very simple scenario that somehow matches the skittish behavior of Falcon Lake. When you hear these stories directly from trusted witnesses the impact can be a shock.

Great case !

40 years ago a friend of mine (aged 12 at the time) and her grandfather witnessed a craft land in his garden (typical silver metallic saucer). A few small beings came out, poked at the ground, retrieved a few veggies, climbed back up and zoomed out when she and her grandad tried to get closer. (this is before ET:the movie came out ;)).

Unfortunately she made the easy mistake of talking about the event at school. Never talked about it again until a few years ago.

Its a very simple scenario that somehow matches the skittish behavior of Falcon Lake. When you hear these stories directly from trusted witnesses the impact can be a shock.

As a young child, I used to walk the fences between the houses up and down our block looking for the a couple of good crab apple trees or a handful of peas fresh off the vine. The coloquial term I believe is "garden raiding". Now I thought I was being really stealthy, but but those little aliens certainly took the art to whole new level ... That is just priceless. Thanks for sharing :) .

Hynek in a game show... oh boy...

... and then why not. This subject is treated as fringe. It doesn't matter how much energy you invest (ie. Hynek) or how serious and focused your efforts are to resolve the mystery. The reasonable answers are incompatible with the audience as, for most of them, they challenge the 'earth-centric' 'born-again Jesus-compatible' comfort-blanket view of this universe.

At least the members here have the 'Paracast' to vent ;)

Hynek in a game show... oh boy...

... and then why not. This subject is treated as fringe. It doesn't matter how much energy you invest (ie. Hynek) or how serious and focused your efforts are to resolve the mystery. The reasonable answers are incompatible with the audience as, for most of them, they challenge the 'earth-centric' 'born-again Jesus-compatible' comfort-blanket view of this universe.

At least the members here have the 'Paracast' to vent ;)

I wonder if this was part of the anti-UFO campaign suggested by the Robertson Panel, in this case to marginalize ufology by using large scale media ( TV ) to associate it with quack psychology and pseudoscience?

I wonder if this was part of the anti-UFO campaign suggested by the Robertson Panel, in this case to marginalize ufology by using large scale media ( TV ) to associate it with quack psychology and pseudoscience?

Looks like the perfect example of something like that.

In summary, we can't do anything about the rare UFO phenomenon and the wild implications should it originate from other solar systems. They all agreed that its better to pass this hot potato down to our descendants lol.

Back