• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

10 Years of The Paracast: Special Roundtable

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
A decade later, we're still here. What started as a casual conversation between two people interested in UFOs has blossomed into what some of our listeners call "the gold standard of paranormal radio."

So on Thursday, February 25, from 10 AM until noon Mountain time, we'll be recording an uninhibited roundtable with Gene and Chris and special guests. We'll talk about the past, the present, the future, and all sorts of stuff.

The guest list will be fleshed out, but we'll be joined by Greg Bishop, and there will be unexpected surprises.

IMG_0042.jpg

From the 2016 International UFO Congress: Chris O'Brien, Greg Bishop and Red Pill Junkie.

1) On the guest topic issue, imo, the Paracast needs new people and different ideas beyond what you've been doing for 10 years. Can you at least get 20-25% new guests with new ideas that have not been on the show before?

2) What about finding guests to cover the following subjects: Where are the altered state people and that kind of experiencer willing to give us their personal accounts, travel discoveries worldwide with native peoples, DMT or other related experimental research in the lab or personally, other mind altering techniques, etc.

3) How about some sleep paralysis and dream experts? Psychologists that deal with people having hallucinations, and how often this may be happening to UFO and Abduction people? Other medical causes? Research, etc.

I'm certain a majority of Paracast members would want these kinds of guests that are almost non-existent here.

1) On the guest topic issue, imo, the Paracast needs new people and different ideas beyond what you've been doing for 10 years. Can you at least get 20-25% new guests with new ideas that have not been on the show before?
I think we've definitely featured at least 25% of the episodes with guests who've never been on before in the past year. Such as last week.

I'd second getting some people on the show to talk about the altered states of consciousness aspect of the phenomenon, or at least the possibility that it plays a role in what's going on.

Questions for the three alien amigos in the photo up above:

1) In the last ten years what major changes in your thinking about UFO's have taken place and who or what was the source of that shift? Discuss.

2) If you had to name your own foundational pillars of ufology, for better or worse, what would be some of the cornerstone pieces in how you leaned to think about this field of study? These could be people, books or specific cases even.

3) Everyone always talks about finding new directions for future study. Chris we know is working on the SLV camera project, and Greg has frequently called for the end of large UFO organization approach and says UFO's defy language, while RPJ advocates, as you all do, for innovation and creativity in thinking about UFO's, especially in relationship to consciousness studies. If you had to speculate on where this might all lead, can you tell us what you think we might learn about ourselves as a species through investigations into UFO's and consciousness?

For Gene/Chris: what does your ideal Paracast look like 5 years from now?

For Greg Bishop: what are your top 5 favorite books? Not UFO books; just books you like. Fiction, non-fiction, whatever.

For Chris O'Brien: is the cosmic trickster harmless and in it for fun, or does it have some agenda? Is it a Puck/Robin Goodfellow type of character, who delights in pranking the limited humans?

I'd like to know if any of the participants are familiar with Patrick Harpur's "panic in the woods" article, have they ever experienced it themselves
do they think there is anything to it other than an over indulgent imagination and why you thinks this happens? speaking for myself i live in los angeles and have walked down dark alleys that by all accounts should give one pause to entering and yet i had no issue in going in , however there was a couple of places that i hiked in the angeles national forest and los podres and in a couple of places/instances it was all i could do to keep myself from bolting, mostly because after all went quiet i could have sworn i heard a buzzing noise that increased in volume, Could of been a cicada or my imagination for all i knew, but i didn't stick around to rationalize it out.

Last edited:
Happy anniversary Gene, i looked it up they suggest something made of tin or aluminium for 10 years.

Im thinking a tin foil hat made from aluminium foil :D

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! Just keep on doing what you do best...delving into the mysterious and unknown. :)

Since, in the beginning there was Brad Steiger, is there any chance of asking him to return? If not, perhaps, a good-natured channeler would consider interacting with the late Jim Moseley’s spirit for our benefit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've said it before and it I don't mind saying it again - I've listened to the Paracast almost since the beginning and it would be impossible to quantify the number of ways the show has opened me up to new subjects, possibilities and ways of thinking, not to mention just a lot of enjoyment. In the field of radio/podcasting, ten years is a very long time and the longevity of the show speaks to the quality of the show. I've no doubt the show will be around 10 years from now and I'll be along for the ride as long as it still exists. The Paracast is the only piece of broadcast media that I never, ever miss. I listen to every single show. TV shows I like and other podcasts too may be regulars for me also but none of them are as important for me as the Paracast. I look forward to the next ten years.

First of all congratulations guys, 10 years is a huge achievement.

1) Podcasts now seem to be one of the most influential formats when it comes to covering the paranormal/strange. What are the benefits and limits of this medium? What would you like to see more and less of in the paranormal podcast world?

2) Podcasts are generally free, ditto content on websites. As books and conferences decline in popularity where will the next generation of researchers, if there is one, get their income? Should the lack of an income stream for new arrivals worry us or do we get better research when it's carried out by people who don't rely on the paranormal world to keep them in work?

3) What would you say to someone with no previous experience joining the field today?

What's the number one thing that needs to be done to move "UFOlogy" forward so that actual progress can be made in this area?

Back