• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

(1) "Beyond Reality" and "UFO Update" magazines + (2) Northern UFO News by Jenny Randles (170+ PDFs)

IsaacKoi

Paranormal Maven
UFO periodicals vary considerably in their quality, appearance, scope, approach and longevity. The differences in their appearance and scope are illustrated by the latest publications in relation to which I’ve obtained permission to share online as searchable PDFs : on the one hand Harry Belil’s UFO magazines (“Beyond Reality” and “UFO Update!”) and on the other hand “Northern UFO News” by Jenny Randles.

(I've obtained permission to upload the former from Harry Belil's son and to upload the latter from Jenny Randles. Most of the scanning has been done by our friends in Sweden at the AFU).

This collection of PDFs includes over 40 issues of Harry Belil's publications and over 170 issues of the newsletter produced by Jenny Randles.

The "Beyond Reality" magazine, edited and published by Harry Belil, published articles on “the latest discoveries of ESP, the occult and psychic phenomena”. “Beyond Reality” was published from 1972 until 1980. That magazine included quite a bit of material on UFO sightings. Authors of relevant articles included quite a few names that will be familiar to ufologists, including Brad Steiger, Tim Beckley, Gene Steinberg and Hayden Hewes. (Gene Steinberg has mentioned to me that he typeset issues for about a year and edited issues, with Harry doing the artwork and design). Furthermore, a quarterly spin-off publication, “UFO Update!”, was also published and edited by Harry Belil,. As the name suggests, “UFO Update!”,was devoted to “exploring the UFO mystery”. It included items by Stanton Friedman, Brent Raynes, Kal Korff and many others. Harry Belil’s son, Zachary Belil, has kindly given me permission to make issues of his father’s publications "Beyond Reality" and “UFO Update!” freely available online.

Jenny Randles has kindly given me permission to upload issues of her "Northern UFO News" newsletter. This publication is not very well known outside the United Kingdom, but many of you will (I hope…) be familiar with the name of Jenny Randles from her research into the Rendlesham Incident and her many books. She is one of the most level-headed UFO researchers you will come across. The first sensible UFO books I bought were by Jenny Randles. I’ve subsequently bought dozens of UFO/fortean books written or co-authored by her. I have found them to be more insightful and cautious than, well, almost any other UFOs books. Her "Northern UFO News" newsletter was published between 1974 and 2001. Robert Moore had previously scanned 50 issues of Northern UFO News (which he was happy for me to upload). The AFU has now scanned over another 120 issues. So, we now have searchable scans of over 170 issues out of about a total of about 186.

(1) The full current collection of Beyond Reality can be downloaded from this temporary link during the next week:
https://we.tl/2kaHMZSWaz

After this week, or if you only want part of the Beyond Reality collection, the scanned issues are on this part AFU's website at:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United States/Beyond Reality magazine

(2) The full current collection of "UFO Update!" can be downloaded from this temporary link during the next week:https://we.tl/kFpHkKes9f

After this week, or if you only want part of the "UFO Update!" collection, the scanned issues are on this part of the AFU's website: Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United States/UFO Update (Beyond Reality)

(3) The full current collection of "Northern UFO News" by Jenny Randles can be downloaded from this temporary link during the next week: https://we.tl/LODRytMebG

After this week, or if you only want part of the collection, the relevant issues are on this part of the AFU's website:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United Kingdom/Northern UFO News (Jenny Randles)

BONUS ITEM: While working on my little summer project to push for various UFO periodicals to be made freely available online (quite a few more of which will be circulated shortly...), I have found George Eberhart's 2 volume UFO bibliography "UFOs And The Extraterrestrial Contact Movement" (1986) rather useful. I found a lot of details on numerous UFO periodicals in the relevant sections of this publication. The cheapest copy of these volumes currently available on Amazon has an asking price of US$ 774.18...

Mark Rodeghier and Mary Castner of CUFOS helpfully put me in touch with George Eberhart and, after exchanging a few emails during the last couple of weeks with George Eberhart's publisher (or rather the company that purchased that publisher) and with George, I've obtained permission to make scans of that publication freely available online. Searchable PDF versions of both volumes of George's bibliography are now on the AFU's website at:
Index of /Downloads/Books_and_documents/Other

So in 1975, when my former business partner and I set up a small art/prepress shop in Exton, PA, Project Three, I used our phototypesetting machine to produce Beyond Reality. I also did most of the editing during this period, and was ghost writer for most of Harry Belil's content. He wasn't much of a writer. I actually wrote some of these pieces on-the-fly as I was typesetting them. Some of you might recognize the style.

Harry didn't want it to known that he wasn't doing this himself, so he rarely credited me for that editorial work. I stopped working with him in the early part of 1976, as I recall.

UFO periodicals vary considerably in their quality, appearance, scope, approach and longevity. The differences in their appearance and scope are illustrated by the latest publications in relation to which I’ve obtained permission to share online as searchable PDFs : on the one hand Harry Belil’s UFO magazines (“Beyond Reality” and “UFO Update!”) and on the other hand “Northern UFO News” by Jenny Randles.

(I've obtained permission to upload the former from Harry Belil's son and to upload the latter from Jenny Randles. Most of the scanning has been done by our friends in Sweden at the AFU).

This collection of PDFs includes over 40 issues of Harry Belil's publications and over 170 issues of the newsletter produced by Jenny Randles.

The "Beyond Reality" magazine, edited and published by Harry Belil, published articles on “the latest discoveries of ESP, the occult and psychic phenomena”. “Beyond Reality” was published from 1972 until 1980. That magazine included quite a bit of material on UFO sightings. Authors of relevant articles included quite a few names that will be familiar to ufologists, including Brad Steiger, Tim Beckley, Gene Steinberg and Hayden Hewes. (Gene Steinberg has mentioned to me that he typeset issues for about a year and edited issues, with Harry doing the artwork and design). Furthermore, a quarterly spin-off publication, “UFO Update!”, was also published and edited by Harry Belil,. As the name suggests, “UFO Update!”,was devoted to “exploring the UFO mystery”. It included items by Stanton Friedman, Brent Raynes, Kal Korff and many others. Harry Belil’s son, Zachary Belil, has kindly given me permission to make issues of his father’s publications "Beyond Reality" and “UFO Update!” freely available online.

Jenny Randles has kindly given me permission to upload issues of her "Northern UFO News" newsletter. This publication is not very well known outside the United Kingdom, but many of you will (I hope…) be familiar with the name of Jenny Randles from her research into the Rendlesham Incident and her many books. She is one of the most level-headed UFO researchers you will come across. The first sensible UFO books I bought were by Jenny Randles. I’ve subsequently bought dozens of UFO/fortean books written or co-authored by her. I have found them to be more insightful and cautious than, well, almost any other UFOs books. Her "Northern UFO News" newsletter was published between 1974 and 2001. Robert Moore had previously scanned 50 issues of Northern UFO News (which he was happy for me to upload). The AFU has now scanned over another 120 issues. So, we now have searchable scans of over 170 issues out of about a total of about 186.

(1) The full current collection of Beyond Reality can be downloaded from this temporary link during the next week:
https://we.tl/2kaHMZSWaz

After this week, or if you only want part of the Beyond Reality collection, the scanned issues are on this part AFU's website at:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United States/Beyond Reality magazine

(2) The full current collection of "UFO Update!" can be downloaded from this temporary link during the next week:https://we.tl/kFpHkKes9f

After this week, or if you only want part of the "UFO Update!" collection, the scanned issues are on this part of the AFU's website: Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United States/UFO Update (Beyond Reality)

(3) The full current collection of "Northern UFO News" by Jenny Randles can be downloaded from this temporary link during the next week: https://we.tl/LODRytMebG

After this week, or if you only want part of the collection, the relevant issues are on this part of the AFU's website:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United Kingdom/Northern UFO News (Jenny Randles)

BONUS ITEM: While working on my little summer project to push for various UFO periodicals to be made freely available online (quite a few more of which will be circulated shortly...), I have found George Eberhart's 2 volume UFO bibliography "UFOs And The Extraterrestrial Contact Movement" (1986) rather useful. I found a lot of details on numerous UFO periodicals in the relevant sections of this publication. The cheapest copy of these volumes currently available on Amazon has an asking price of US$ 774.18...

Mark Rodeghier and Mary Castner of CUFOS helpfully put me in touch with George Eberhart and, after exchanging a few emails during the last couple of weeks with George Eberhart's publisher (or rather the company that purchased that publisher) and with George, I've obtained permission to make scans of that publication freely available online. Searchable PDF versions of both volumes of George's bibliography are now on the AFU's website at:
Index of /Downloads/Books_and_documents/Other
Is the Toronto psych doctor's Ratchet mag regarding abductions still available on your site as it was down before and just recently I could not find it. Could you please direct me to that if it's available for research purposes? Much appreciated as are all your exceptional efforts in this field.

Is the Toronto psych doctor's Ratchet mag regarding abductions still available on your site as it was down before and just recently I could not find it. Could you please direct me to that if it's available for research purposes? Much appreciated as are all your exceptional efforts in this field.

Do you mean Dr Gotlib's "Bulletin of Anomalous Experience"?

If so, I've now added that one to the collection on the website of the AFU in Sweden at:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/Canada/Journals - Bulletin of Anomalous Experience (Gotlib)

Do you mean Dr Gotlib's "Bulletin of Anomalous Experience"?

If so, I've now added that one to the collection on the website of the AFU in Sweden at:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/Canada/Journals - Bulletin of Anomalous Experience (Gotlib)
Yes the original Ratchet Patrol was exactly what I've been looking to get access to. Thank you very much and please continue to do all this good work you've been laboring at. The research avenues you open up are exceptional.

Back