• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

FBI Vault Link

I haven't gone through all of them, but I'd be surprised if there was anything about an MJ-12.
Bob mentions MJ12 in his original post....

Or have I misunderstood?

For the record, I think the MJ12 documents are phoney, and I believe this was the official conclusion of the FBI when they investigated the original documents leaked to Jamie Shandera, but what interests me is any information on how the bureau established they fake. It may help us determine who created them and why

As I said, haven't gone through all of them. Bob can you give a clue where? It wasn't in the tiny Roswell document.
Yes, that was the FBI’s conclusion. You can find reference to MJ 12 by scrolling down or going to the next page. There’s also a search function.

I checked. The MJ-12 reference is under "Unexplained Phenomena". Here it is, copied from there:

Majestic 12​

Majestic 12 In 1988, two FBI offices received similar versions of a memo titled “Operation Majestic-12…” claiming to be highly classified government document. The memo appeared to be a briefing for newly-elected President Eisenhower on a secret committee created to exploit a recovery of an extra-terrestrial aircraft and cover-up this work from public examination. An Air Force investigation determined the document to be a fake.

I spotted the errors in the MJ-12 documents years ago and told Jim Mosely about them. My comments were published in Saucer Smear. The main give-away was the mistakes in the date format. They were inconsistent and not in keeping with the official format used at the time.

I checked. The MJ-12 reference is under "Unexplained Phenomena". Here it is, copied from there:

Majestic 12

Majestic 12 In 1988, two FBI offices received similar versions of a memo titled “Operation Majestic-12…” claiming to be highly classified government document. The memo appeared to be a briefing for newly-elected President Eisenhower on a secret committee created to exploit a recovery of an extra-terrestrial aircraft and cover-up this work from public examination. An Air Force investigation determined the document to be a fake.
Thanks for finding it, Bob.

Makes interesting reading.

Majestic 12 In 1988, two FBI offices received similar versions of a memo titled “Operation Majestic-12…” claiming to be highly classified government document. The memo appeared to be a briefing for newly-elected President Eisenhower
Shandera said he received it in December 1984.

An Air Force investigation determined the document to be a fake.
Disinfo put out by AFOSI. One work, The Alien Grand Design, has an interesting take on the purpose of the EBD, and similar, deliberately leaked fakes.

As always, it boils down to what one wants to believe. If someone has made up their mind on what is "truth", there is no changing it. As someone once wisely said: Tell me anything, but don't confuse me with the facts.

As always, it boils down to what one wants to believe.
Na, I've long been fascinated by the idea of alien visitors hence "want to believe" but realize many reports are fabrications.

If someone has made up their mind on what is "truth", there is no changing it.

Depends on how much integrity he has. For a long time I disliked the impact theory of dinosaur extinction but ultimately realized I had to accept it. The evidence for it was quite strong.

As someone once wisely said: Tell me anything, but don't confuse me with the facts.
😄 Wisely???

I’m thinking more of conspiracy theorists, and debunkers. By the way, I’m still wondering why no one has commented on the Roswell disc suspended from a balloon.

I’m thinking more of conspiracy theorists, and debunkers. By the way, I’m still wondering why no one has commented on the Roswell disc suspended from a balloon.
Have you seen KDR's books, like Understanding Roswell ? For many years he has exhaustively investigated all the prosaic "explanations" and nothing works. The skeptics focused on MOGUL not that "disc suspended from a balloon." But even MOGUL has been disposed of.

I only called attention to an FBI document. What one wishes to make of it is a matter of personal perspective and belief. In this age of conspiracy theories, I doubt there will ever be conclusive proof of exactly what happened - at least no proof to convince everyone. In such matters, I prefer prosaic explanations first. Beside that, the UFO field has (unfortunately) become another "industry". The more confusion, speculation and mystery the better, from that cynical point of view. :-(

Back