• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Politics & The CIC/Prez

Without the histrionics, one might be concerned. Crazy Putin isn't ruling it out, so it may have been a clumsy attempt at a warning. But Biden is known for being a little loose-lipped, so what else is new?

And you believe that fascist?

Yes, I said he was a fascist. Compare his commentaries about immigrants replacing us (the great replacement theory) and other racist screeds, along with his support for such authoritarian dictators as Hungary's Orbán.

And here's a reality check about the causes of product shortages and price increases for common grocery store products.

In each case, there's no mention of any fault on the part of the Biden administration for the higher prices. These products are all made by private companies, not the government. in addition, the Ukraine war is responsible for wheat shortages, for example, and extreme weather is responsible for some of the other shortages.

While the other party screams and yells about it, they have no answer, no solutions:

Let's try this again. You said that fact-checking sites are not reliable, but cannot point to any examples. Since you can't, here's the deal: No more posts until you do or you withdraw the claim.

For the fact-checking sites, I become curious and investigated a little. Seems you can go to a fact-checking site that aligns your political belief.
So its huge BS. Like in the novel 1984 by Orwell, there are goodfacts and truefacts.

The popular U.S. fact-checking sites are non-partisan and very consistent in what they conclude. They also provide references so you can check what they do.

OK that is positive news, makes me also wonder this Randall claim.

But in the end, I'm so sad we need fact checking sites at all.

I asked Randall several times to demonstrate his claim that fact-checking sites aren't reliable, and he kept changing the subject. He's not the only one who pulls that stunt.

This is what I regard as a "hit-and-run" gambit, which is to post something controversial, outrageous or provably false. And when you call them on it and offer links that disprove/correct the statements, they ignore the posts and go on to something else.

Hit-and-run.

Yeah. What makes me even more troubled, is that we are here trying to discuss on the paranormal - not provable.
Makes all suspect, doesn't it?

But remember all the 50's stuff, like Adamski etc. Its not that different after all.

Well, political discussions are supposed to be based on reality.

When it comes to the paranormal, we have hoaxes/fakers/deluded people. But we are still dealing with something that appears to have some sort of reality, only we don't know what it is.

At least with politics, there are generally acceptable facts that can, within limits, be accepted. Opinions are opinions.

What has changed, is that in politics, facts are not accepted and agreed. Like in 1984.

I do have a little nagging worry, that all this political talk we have - no matter how good it is - can be discouraging the potential paranormal writers.

I would be nice to see people writing here more in the para experiences, now its less than message/month. As much I love to chat on mr Orange and other fun stuff, we should all somehow market us to get back on the subject.

Back