• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

General Health & Antiaging

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Here's a thread that's down to Earth about keeping us all healthy and living longer quality lives. Let's filter out the facts from the nonsense when it comes to health sciences, alternative therapies, nutritional supplements, exercise, drugs, food, and environmental factors. Lately we've been hearing @Christopher O'Brien talking about all the stuff in beef. So to kick this one off, here's something a bit different to chew on. We normally think spices add a tasty vegetarian zing t what we eat and many are even used as alternative therapy. Well if you thought beef was bad, check this article out!

How Filthy Are Your Spices?

From 2007 to 2009, the FDA inspected more than 2800 shipments of spices from abroad. The inspectors found that 12 percent of the spices contained "filth,” – in other words, insects or insect parts, rodent fur, feces, and other miscellaneous contaminants such as rubber bands ... Article here: http://www.myhealthwire.com/news/herbs-supplements/624

One of the few sources I trust on the subject of dietary supplements and so-called alternative therapies is the Mayo Clinic. They rate quite a few of these based on peer reviewed research on their web site.

Some Trivia: Apparently the configuration and microstructure of oriental hip bones makes them stronger despite osteoporosis.

July 23, 2021

Just managed to get the ATTACHED
3-minute audio clip of the end of an
Alex Jones interview today with Dr.
Bryan Ardis, an advocate of natural
medicine. (Start is clipped as it took
me a bit of time to get the recording
software started.)

Dr. Ardis's page is here:

Dr. Bryan Ardis

For what it may be worth (I can't make
any guarantees and I'm not a doctor)
Dr. Ardis recommends four supplements
to offset the negative effects of COVAX,
and from what he reports, it sounds as
if Dr. Ardis would recommend these
supplements in general.

He does recommend them for anyone
in this COVID era, including the
un-vaccinated.

In case there's a problem with the audio
clip, here are the four supplements he
recommends:

1. Vitamin C, 5,000 mg per day going
up to 10,000 mg per day

(In general, I've had excellent perform-
ance from Progressive brand Vitamin
C Complex, a blend of natural forms.

From personal experience, I would try
a much lower dose, just guessing at
2,000 mg maximum. Guessing that
by using natural forms, one might not
need a really high dose.)

2. Magnesium (various forms,) 500 mg/day

3. Selenium, 200 mcg (MICROgrams)/day

4. Apple Pectin, 700 mg, 2 x day, claimed to
remove radioactive toxins too

We have so far been very short on information
about treatments to reverse vaccine damage,
and these are all ordinary supplements, easy
to get, and from my experience with the first
three, very easy on one's system.

-- Squirrel

View attachment dr-bryan-ardis-4-remedies.mp3

Forgetting the wacky theories of Jones himself, taking higher quantities of Vitamin C and Magnesium and other supplements isn't necessarily a bad thing, though the science is skeptical over amounts that are above the recommended allowances except for specific conditions.

My wife, for example has been prescribed higher doses of Vitamin D for various reasons.

In saying that, I have taken Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10 for years to control cholesterol. My cholesterol readings have remained normal, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the reason. I still have various heart-related conditions that are unrelated to plaque.

Forgetting the wacky theories of Jones himself, taking higher quantities of Vitamin C and Magnesium and other supplements isn't necessarily a bad thing, though the science is skeptical over amounts that are above the recommended allowances except for specific conditions.

My wife, for example has been prescribed higher doses of Vitamin D for various reasons.

In saying that, I have taken Red Yeast Rice and CoQ10 for years to control cholesterol. My cholesterol readings have remained normal, but that doesn't necessarily mean that's the reason. I still have various heart-related conditions that are unrelated to plaque.
I should probably mention here that although I have been a supporter of nutritional supplements all the way from childhood, I'm not sure that it's purely coincidental that Alex also has his own line of nutritional supplements. Ka-ching ka-ching. It's like one giant infomercial. Why didn't we think of that? We could call it Nutri-Woo and include a free psychic reading with every order of 10 or more, and make sure that the psychics we hire just happen to sense health problems that our amazing NutriWoo custom formula channeled from Edgar Casey Kasem himself, can help to alleviate.

I should probably mention here that although I have been a supporter of nutritional supplements all the way from childhood, I'm not sure that it's purely coincidental that Alex also has his own line of nutritional supplements. Ka-ching ka-ching. It's like one giant infomercial. Why didn't we think of that? We could call it Nutri-Woo and include a free psychic reading with every order of 10 or more, and make sure that the psychics we hire just happen to sense health problems that our amazing NutriWoo custom formula channeled from Edgar Casey Kasem himself, can help to alleviate.
Mmm ... the audio clip I posted was from a doctor, not Alex Jones.

I've been an Alex Jones listener daily for the past two decades. He doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time plugging the supplements he sells. Furthermore, selling supplements is an honest way to support a radio program - nothing shady about selling supplements.

Alex highlights issues I consider of significant importance and I'm glad he is able to sustain his show.

He is flamboyant and emotional; I'm not a fan of that, but I look past the hand waving and listen for the issues they choose to broadcast.

-- Squirrel

If you look at the lawsuits filed against Jones, you'll see the problems with his inflated rhetoric. But that's not an issue for discussion in this thread.

If you look at the lawsuits filed against Jones, you'll see the problems with his inflated rhetoric. But that's not an issue for discussion in this thread.
OK, I won't discuss, but I'm very aware that like any other human being, particularly those highly active politically, Alex is no angel. I'm aware of the lawsuits, and I'm also aware of the huge amount of important, unique content Alex has delivered. There's this thing called weighing benefits against negatives.

-- Squirrel

OK, I won't discuss, but I'm very aware that like any other human being, particularly those highly active politically, Alex is no angel. I'm aware of the lawsuits, and I'm also aware of the huge amount of important, unique content Alex has delivered. There's this thing called weighing benefits against negatives.

-- Squirrel
I think Gene meant that the thread isn't for discussing Alex's lawsuits, but about general health and antiaging. Personally I'm fine with Alex making money selling supplements. Like you say, it's a legitimate business. I also think it's smart to have guests on your show who are in favor of those products. If we were doing a video talk-show, I'd be wearing one of the shirts featured in The Paracast Shop and have a custom coffee mug sitting on the table. I'd be a hypocrite to criticise others for trying to make the most of their opportunities, when I would do exactly the same thing. It's smart.

At the same time I just couldn't help but point out the connection, because I've trained myself ( for better or worse ) to be aware of the role that bias can play. When there's a bias, it's easier to overlook anything that might compromise one's self-interest, including exaggerated claims and other alternatives. But that's also why we have this thread — to discuss all the options and alternatives and hopefully be better-off for it. Keep on posting!

Back