• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jeff Willes' UFO footage?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
Anybody here ever see any of Jeff Willes's UFO footage? I stumbled across one of his video's of a "Phoenix Lights" type sighting. Looked almost identical. But I was shocked to hear every explanation of what the sighting was except for military flares being dropped by a plane. And that's exactly what they are; flares. Then I stumbled onto his website and was blown away by the amount of TV shows/news reports/movies that uses this guy's footage. Then I was equally as shocked to see the tons of MUFON meetings he's been invited to speak at and all of his "celebrity" photo's that he has posted of him with known UFO personalities.

Again, I find it bothersome that he's seen 5000 UFO's (and recorded them). Meanwhile, I flew in the Navy on long missions (typically 8-13 hours) and I performed these missions in Maine, Puerto Rico, Sicily, Iceland, Honduras, Panama, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Turkey & probably some others and I was CONSTANTLY looking for some UAP. Never once did I see something and that was with about 2000 hrs flying time. But yet he see things constantly. Makes no sense.

Welcome to the mystery. If you are a 'nuts n bolts' UFO person, it doesn't make sense. Well, I suppose if you compare someone who lives in a sunny climate and stands on his roof every night with a video camera, and contrast that with myself who lives in a colder and cloudier climate, then it makes sense the former is likely to be responsible for capturing UFOs on camera. Phoenix is known to have a higher than average number of reported sightings.

I cannot speak for the majority of Willes' footage because I haven't seen that much but I have definitely seen some pretty credible daylight disc stuff - certainly not flares.

Those who think there might be something altogether more 'paranormal' about UFOs I suppose can maybe think that there might just be people who for some reason attract UFO sightings. One thing that is for sure is that Jeff considers himself one of a group of 'Skywatchers', that is, they deliberately go out regularly armed with cameras in an effort to capture UFOs. When considered like that, I don't have much of a problem with them being the people who seem to film the most footage.

Anybody here ever see any of Jeff Willes's UFO footage? I stumbled across one of his video's of a "Phoenix Lights" type sighting. Looked almost identical. But I was shocked to hear every explanation of what the sighting was except for military flares being dropped by a plane. And that's exactly what they are; flares. Then I stumbled onto his website and was blown away by the amount of TV shows/news reports/movies that uses this guy's footage. Then I was equally as shocked to see the tons of MUFON meetings he's been invited to speak at and all of his "celebrity" photo's that he has posted of him with known UFO personalities.

Again, I find it bothersome that he's seen 5000 UFO's (and recorded them). Meanwhile, I flew in the Navy on long missions (typically 8-13 hours) and I performed these missions in Maine, Puerto Rico, Sicily, Iceland, Honduras, Panama, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Turkey & probably some others and I was CONSTANTLY looking for some UAP. Never once did I see something and that was with about 2000 hrs flying time. But yet he see things constantly. Makes no sense.
I've not seen a single authenticated video of an object that was filmed well enough to rule out natural or manmade objects or phenomena, and with sufficient detail to leave no reasonable doubt about it being an alien craft. That would be an actual UFO video. There aren't any that I'm aware of. Vague spots and lights off in the distance aren't UFOs. They're just vague lights or spots off in the distance. Anything that is reasonably clear that I've seen has turned out to be CGI. But use the word UFO enough times and have some story to go with it, and eventually some people are going to bite.

I also think your comment, "Never once did I see something and that was with about 2000 hrs flying time. But yet he see things constantly. Makes no sense." should make you question his claims. There are a lot of pilot sightings, but they certainly don't see them every day. Some never see one during their entire career, so why should some guy with a video camera just happen to be in the right place at the right time so often, and why aren't the video's verifiable and of much better quality? I don't have the answers, but I certainly share your reservations. It smells a lot like the Gulf Breeze sightings, a number of which appear to have been totally concocted.

Welcome to the mystery. If you are a 'nuts n bolts' UFO person, it doesn't make sense. Well, I suppose if you compare someone who lives in a sunny climate and stands on his roof every night with a video camera, and contrast that with myself who lives in a colder and cloudier climate, then it makes sense the former is likely to be responsible for capturing UFOs on camera. Phoenix is known to have a higher than average number of reported sightings.

I cannot speak for the majority of Willes' footage because I haven't seen that much but I have definitely seen some pretty credible daylight disc stuff - certainly not flares.

Those who think there might be something altogether more 'paranormal' about UFOs I suppose can maybe think that there might just be people who for some reason attract UFO sightings. One thing that is for sure is that Jeff considers himself one of a group of 'Skywatchers', that is, they deliberately go out regularly armed with cameras in an effort to capture UFOs. When considered like that, I don't have much of a problem with them being the people who seem to film the most footage.
I see what you are saying, but it still doesn't make sense to me. Granted, I haven't been a deadicated "skywatcher" day in and day out. But I have been looking to the skies since 1979. Born & raised in NJ, I also lived in Illinois, Florida, Maine, New York (upstate), Washington (state), Oregon, Sicily, Puerto Rico & some other places. All the while I'd look when I could (especially while flying). Just between Washington & Oregon alone is about 18 years. And that's as a civilian. I wish I could say that I've seen a UFO. I don't want you to have to do a bunch of digging around, but if you can easily supply a link to a Willes video that is compelling, I'd like to see it. Thanks! :)

I see what you are saying, but it still doesn't make sense to me. Granted, I haven't been a deadicated "skywatcher" day in and day out. But I have been looking to the skies since 1979. Born & raised in NJ, I also lived in Illinois, Florida, Maine, New York (upstate), Washington (state), Oregon, Sicily, Puerto Rico & some other places. All the while I'd look when I could (especially while flying). Just between Washington & Oregon alone is about 18 years. And that's as a civilian. I wish I could say that I've seen a UFO. I don't want you to have to do a bunch of digging around, but if you can easily supply a link to a Willes video that is compelling, I'd like to see it. Thanks! :)

I totally agree, it doesn't make much sense but solely talking about the couple of daylight disc vids, I think they are real - anything else I don't know. It's interesting to note that Arthur C. Clarke said something like, 'If you have never seen a UFO then you either don't look at the sky much or you live in a cloudy region.' I think it was only a little tongue-in-cheek. He had a point about clouds. Certainly where I live. If you google UFO + Aberdeen, Scotland you basically get zip!

Our own Chris O'Brien has a fair number of sightings under his belt. I think he would attribute that to both the fact he does look at the sky a lot plus most of his sightings were in the San Luis Valley which he says is a major hot-spot. But even so, there really is no accounting for you being observant in all these sunny climes over the years. Also, while I do think pilots can of course have sightings, I actually wonder if it might be easier to have sightings from the ground, because a solid UFO should stand out against a large blue sky, as opposed to being at 20,000 ft and looking down so that any UFOs lower will be against what is ever on the ground, i.e not as contrasting a background as looking up at the sky?

There are so many factors to complicate it all of course.

I totally agree, it doesn't make much sense but solely talking about the couple of daylight disc vids, I think they are real - anything else I don't know. It's interesting to note that Arthur C. Clarke said something like, 'If you have never seen a UFO then you either don't look at the sky much or you live in a cloudy region.' I think it was only a little tongue-in-cheek. He had a point about clouds. Certainly where I live. If you google UFO + Aberdeen, Scotland you basically get zip!

Our own Chris O'Brien has a fair number of sightings under his belt. I think he would attribute that to both the fact he does look at the sky a lot plus most of his sightings were in the San Luis Valley which he says is a major hot-spot. But even so, there really is no accounting for you being observant in all these sunny climes over the years. Also, while I do think pilots can of course have sightings, I actually wonder if it might be easier to have sightings from the ground, because a solid UFO should stand out against a large blue sky, as opposed to being at 20,000 ft and looking down so that any UFOs lower will be against what is ever on the ground, i.e not as contrasting a background as looking up at the sky?

There are so many factors to complicate it all of course.

Hi Goggs:

I found this thread because I saw some of Jeff Willes' images that looked similar to a couple of my captures.

Interestingly, clouds are not really a factor in one's ability to spot a UFO if one is up there.

There were two instances where I captured objects with full cloud cover overhead. Once in August of 2017, and once a few weeks ago on Jan 6th.

Both change shape and look dark against the background of the clouds.

Already on the forums one of them has been called a "drone" even though it looks nothing like one. No propellers in view for the object appearing so close. I've never seen drones change shape like this.

Anyway, all this to say...keep looking up. If they desire to show themselves, clouds won't be a factor...I assure you.

Unless the object appears to be under intelligent control making miraculous maneuvers, I tend to just click next. The object in these videos can be anything. It is just a blob in the sky, barely moving. Probably a balloon of some kind.

Unless the object appears to be under intelligent control making miraculous maneuvers, I tend to just click next. The object in these videos can be anything. It is just a blob in the sky, barely moving. Probably a balloon of some kind.

I’ve been thru this more times than I can count. I don’t videotape balloons, drones, bugs, use cameras movements, or use CGI to pass them off as UFOs. Yet people go to forums with the specific intent of ‘debunking’ rather than learning about the experience, so I spend more than half my time ‘defending’ the fact I had an experience.

I was there for both captures and neither of them are balloons... . Balloons and ‘blobs in the sky(?)’ don’t change shape from square to rectangle to oval nor flash occasionally...and they move with a distinct flight pattern.

But my intent is not to “prove” anything to anyone...that’s pointless...only to share the experience

The point I was making to Goggs is that UAPs can be seen under cloud cover.

If you want to call that UAP a ‘balloon’ or a ‘drone’, or ‘it could be anything’, no one is stopping you. But that just ends the discussion...and we’re not even getting to what the experience was about at all. There was more going on than filming a ‘could be anything’.

We won’t get closer to why or how I’ve captured this ‘could be anything’ in LA, Pasadena, and Joshua Tree on four separate occasions...because you’ve debunked it before even asking any questions. The first clip is a small sample from a 4 minute sighting and 7 minute edit...but most people don’t have the attention span to watch more than a minute, so I post a shorter view. Looking at the entire video definitely shows intelligent control.

I started following and posting to this forum after starting to have my own sighting experiences...most of which I caught on film. I wanted to compare them with what other people are experiencing. But so few people are willing to share their experiences... debunking across the board is the norm...often without even watching the video.

Have you seen anything unusual in the sky? Have you had your own experience? What motivates you to come comment on a UFO forum? I’m here to share and compare...not play the ‘proof’ game while we’re all still trying to even understand the language of this. What have you experienced?

I’ve been thru this more times than I can count. I don’t videotape balloons, drones, bugs, use cameras movements, or use CGI to pass them off as UFOs. Yet people go to forums with the specific intent of ‘debunking’ rather than learning about the experience, so I spend more than half my time ‘defending’ the fact I had an experience.

I was there for both captures and neither of them are balloons... . Balloons and ‘blobs in the sky(?)’ don’t change shape from square to rectangle to oval nor flash occasionally...and they move with a distinct flight pattern.

But my intent is not to “prove” anything to anyone...that’s pointless...only to share the experience

The point I was making to Goggs is that UAPs can be seen under cloud cover.

If you want to call that UAP a ‘balloon’ or a ‘drone’, or ‘it could be anything’, no one is stopping you. But that just ends the discussion...and we’re not even getting to what the experience was about at all. There was more going on than filming a ‘could be anything’.

We won’t get closer to why or how I’ve captured this ‘could be anything’ in LA, Pasadena, and Joshua Tree on four separate occasions...because you’ve debunked it before even asking any questions. The first clip is a small sample from a 4 minute sighting and 7 minute edit...but most people don’t have the attention span to watch more than a minute, so I post a shorter view. Looking at the entire video definitely shows intelligent control.

I started following and posting to this forum after starting to have my own sighting experiences...most of which I caught on film. I wanted to compare them with what other people are experiencing. But so few people are willing to share their experiences... debunking across the board is the norm...often without even watching the video.

Have you seen anything unusual in the sky? Have you had your own experience? What motivates you to come comment on a UFO forum? I’m here to share and compare...not play the ‘proof’ game while we’re all still trying to even understand the language of this. What have you experienced?

I haven't examined all your footage, but the "shape changing" you see is often times just a byproduct of going past the optical range with your zoom, and into the digital part of the zoom, which is just enlarging pixels. Because of the distance, coupled with the digital zoom, you start to get digital artifacts introduced into the footage. This "appears" to make objects morph and change shapes, but it is really just the camera's limitations. We can see a similar effect on those videos where people claim world leaders morph into reptilians, a frame or two of a clip will show heavy digital artifacts which, again, make it seem like the face is changing shape.

Just like Obama really didn't turn into a lizard, that round sphere in the sky, really wasn't magically doing the go-go Gadget morph into a variety of different objects. This is just the limits of your equipment.

This guy has convinced himself the plane is becoming transparent and morphing, because he is at the limits of his zoom.

Last edited:
I haven't examined all your footage, but the "shape changing" you see is often times just a byproduct of going past the optical range with your zoom, and into the digital part of the zoom, which is just enlarging pixels. Because of the distance, coupled with the digital zoom, you start to get digital artifacts introduced into the footage. This "appears" to make objects morph and change shapes, but it is really just the camera's limitations. We can see a similar effect on those videos where people claim world leaders morph into reptilians, a frame or two of a clip will show heavy digital artifacts which, again, make it seem like the face is changing shape.

Just like Obama really didn't turn into a lizard, that round sphere in the sky, really wasn't magically doing the go-go Gadget morph into a variety of different objects. This is just the limits of your equipment.

This guy has convinced himself the plane is becoming transparent and morphing, because he is at the limits of his zoom.

I’m not sure what the video you attached has to do with what I was describing.

The object in question was less than 300 feet away from me, no filter on the lens and no plane. Just one orb. But if you didn’t review all of the footage, you won’t get what I’m saying.

if you look at the footage, it clearly changes shape as it moves...

The above link from 2107 is another example of the same....but it’s a light orb moving in an erratic pattern, including changing direction at 30 and 45 degree angles.

There is a clear change of shape as it changes direction. Not a digital artifact but a change of shape relative to the torsion field that appears to effect its movement.

Last edited:
Back