• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Random Thoughts

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
This thread is for those random thoughts you may have from time to time. Let's keep it at least PG, and we'll all be okay. Because I decided to post this thread, I'll go first, that is unless somebody else does, which reminds me that being first before somebody else is a huge influence in our daily lives. Maybe that's why I seem to come in last with everything, I also only just recently realized how absolutely completely mental some "normal" people must think I am.

It's ⌛for some :cool:?

Last edited:
Synchronicities, Coincidences, Paranoia, All Three?

The left turn signal indicator on the dash flashed an abnormally bright green, and then my car headlights went out while on a curve at night. Fortunately there was plenty of street lighting.Then the car radio volume control was stuck ot 50% and wouldn't budge until I started the car the next day. Then the touch lamps in my house started coming on by themselves again.

Early one morning not long afterwards, I turned to enter my little home office, and my PC somehow woke-up out of sleep mode before I touched anything. Wake On LAN is off, and the only way to wake it is by a wired mouse button command. The laser is off, so slight movement of the sensor from desk vibration is not a factor.

Then on August 09, 2020, a frequent flashing of my CPU's LED activity light caught my attention and it turned out that my Network activity was very high, even though I wasn't doing much. So I restarted my PC hoping it would go away, but that didn't work.

After the restart, Resource Monitor was showing network traffic on the Network Activity monitor from OFFICE.cipherkey.com, as well as several other dot-cypherkey addresses. This got me curious. Why does it look like my PC is communicating with cypherkey.com? It turns out that cypherkey is a nuclear hardened security protected data center in Vancouver BC.

To Quote Them Directly:

The CipherKey datacenter and colocation facility is located in the​
basement of the old BC Hydro headquarters in Vancouver, BC. The​
facility basement was originally designed to withstand the effects of​
a nuclear bomb, and is located next step to the Vancouver downtown​
power substation. Secured access to the facility is available 24/7.​
970 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC​

At that point I began to wonder if everything on my PC was compromised, and if so by who? I also had the notion that if I was hacked so that my PC could be taken over, then taking these notes would be pointless because they could simply hack in and erase them. So I had the brilliant idea of posting them here.

This is Cypher Key:

Last edited:
This thread is for those random thoughts you may have from time to time. Let's keep it at least PG, and we'll all be okay. Because I decided to post this thread, I'll go first, that is unless somebody else does, which reminds me that being first before somebody else is a huge influence in our daily lives. Maybe that's why I seem to come in last with everything ...

Also
  • I only just recently realized how absolutely completely mental some "normal" people must think I am ?:cool: = ??
  • May also include ?️‍♂️:cool: = ??
Doesn't anyone else out there ever get that let's ? feeling anymore ?

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was woken up the other night at about 3AM hearing people talking outside and music playing.

Annoyed, I went into my backyard, and found my neighbor's kid's friends on the sidewalk next to my yard chatting nicely, drinking beer, and playing Joy Division's Unknown Pleasure's album. I smiled at them, nodded, and went back in the house and back to bed. They quieted down immediately, but I wasn't mad - more baffled at a bunch of grade 12 kids listening to Joy Division and being polite.

The next day, my son and his friend decided to make T-Shirts - and my son put that album cover on a shirt.

I feel like I'm in upside down land. I literally have that album on vinyl in a frame in my man cave.
Joy-Division-Unknown-Pleasures1.png

Is it good?
I guess it's all a matter of taste. Although I'm non-religious, religious symbolism and history can combine in interesting and entertaining ways. Think Raiders of The Lost Ark or The da Vinci Code. Warrior Nun as good as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which garnered quite a cult following for a while.

Last edited:
Whoever wins the World keeps moving on.
That reminds me of another random thought I once had, which went sort of like this:

There are basically two kinds of people in the world; smart people, and stupid people.​
And all anyone has to do to solve all the problems in the world is outlive all the stupid people.​

Then I discovered which group I'm in.

Last edited:
It is like shooting fish in a barrel just keeps going around and around. Life in the universe and we are all still seeking to blow each other up for power. While some do it using wealth while others use education system and political taps on the shoulder. Being non-political is the same as fence sitting.

It is like shooting fish in a barrel just keeps going around and around. Life in the universe and we are all still seeking to blow each other up for power. While some do it using wealth while others use education system and political taps on the shoulder. Being non-political is the same as fence sitting.
Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything ?

All of this nonsense and power struggles in the world is by people who haven’t realized that nobody gets out of here alive.

Back