• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Leslie Kean - Jan 23, 2020

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Kean-01.pngLeslie Kean is an independent investigative journalist and author of Surviving Death: A Journalist Investigates Evidence for an Afterlife (2017, Crown Publishing Group), a personal story of research into astonishing and thought-provoking information suggestive of survival past death.

In 2010, her book UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record (Crown Publishing Group, 2010) was a New York Times bestseller.

She helped produce a 2011 documentary based on UFOs for the History Channel, made by Breakthru Films, an award-winning independent film company. Kean has been featured on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, The Colbert Report, and NPR and in USA Today, Vanity Fair, US News & World Report, and Columbia Journalism Review, among other media.

Beginning in 2012, she contributed a series of articles to the Huffington Post and in 2017 she co-authored a groundbreaking front page story for the New York Times about a previously secret Pentagon program studying UFOs.

?Links:

The show will be recorded Thursday Jan 23 2020 | 3:00PM Eastern | 1PM MST
Post your questions and comments for discussion below

Last edited:
b”h
I have your book, Surviving Death, Leslie. In it you wrote:
Cases such as that of James Leininger provide some of the strongest evidence suggesting a continuity of consciousnessbefore life, during life, and after life.​
  • In your opinion, since human cultures are full of gods, daemons, tricksters, spirits and jinn, could there also be non-human conscious entities that have never been embodied?
  • Could such non-human entities impersonate human beings?
  • Could such non-human entities parasitically influence susceptible humans, saturating at least some of their thoughts with impersonations of other predeceased humans?
  • Have you read Kevin Randle’s book, Conversations, that presents what Kevin thought was evidence of reincarnation?
Thanks!

As someone who has been involved with the late Budd Hopkins, what are your personal thoughts on the alien abduction phenomenon?

How would you comment the theory of long time Hopkins' colleague and friend David Jacobs that, according to his latest book and public appearances, there is an undergoing secret infiltration of human society by an alien race including perfectly human looking alien-human hybrids?

Do you have any information on what is going to happen to Budd Hopkins' archive of research material - who is in charge of it and will it ever become available to the public and other researchers?

Cmdr. David Fravor appeared on the Joe Rogan Experience in October and that video currently has around 3.7 million views on YouTube.. That marks UFOs getting onto a very popular podcast targeting Millenials with a host completely avoiding ridicule and being very interested into Fravor's story. On the other hand, you yourself have been part of the recent favorable treatment of the UFO phenomenon by the NYT and we can also see outlets like FOX treating the subject differently. Do you think that the current attention and more serious treatment the phenomenon is getting by the mainstream media is a passing fad that will eventually die off or is there reason to believe that there might be a more profound shift underway?

Leslie will be back — on this weekend's After The Paracast.
And we got all the questions answered ( I hope ). I instinctively attempted a real-time edit of @Elindils last question ( above ) in an attempt to make it shorter, and in doing so omitted some background info that I figured Leslie would already be familiar with. She didn't let me down, and I think Elindil will agree, but if I actually messed it up, don't be afraid to let me know ✨
?

Last edited:
And we got all the questions answered ( I hope ). I instinctively attempted a real-time edit of @Elindils last question ( above ) in an attempt to make it shorter, and in doing so omitted some background info that I figured Leslie would already be familiar with. She didn't let me down, and I think Elindil will agree, but if I actually messed it up, don't be afraid to let me know ✨
?

Wont't have the time to listen to the show for a while (I also have a few other episodes still waiting in line because of real life obligations), but don't worry - doing talk shows is not easy and I could have also phrased the question better. Thanks for asking!

Back