• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Creating UFO courses

MikeJ

Paranormal Novice
The time to lobby academic institutions to adopt ufo courses has arrived. Very few exist in those venues and only a couple exist online (but very expensive).

Since late May I have started creating an online course of study here:

Some folks have told me that some profs have asked them for help in crafting courses. This may end up being a good area for "activism" (like political lobbying, which Chase K and Steve B are doing in DC).

Speaking of academics, Ardy Clarke has a 4th book out!!!

Thanyou. Ardy Clarke a couple of months ago put out a 4th book and so I am working on this right now (not finished yet):

The time to lobby academic institutions to adopt ufo courses has arrived. Very few exist in those venues and only a couple exist online (but very expensive).

Since late May I have started creating an online course of study here:

Some folks have told me that some profs have asked them for help in crafting courses. This may end up being a good area for "activism" (like political lobbying, which Chase K and Steve B are doing in DC).

Speaking of academics, Ardy Clarke has a 4th book out!!!
It sounds like a very constructive effort. I did a brief online course through USI. We had about a dozen participants. It was a lot of work for very little monetary return. Somewhere on the forum I also have a basic ufology flow chart that you might find worthy of integrating into your outline. Ah here it is: The Field of Ufology

Love that chart, going to link it to the civilian ufo investigation subject cluster!
B/c this is free, i've had about 4000 visitors from over 60 countries since May....going to directly lobby at colleges in upcoming months (in person, quietly)

MESSAGE TO EDUCATORS

Hello,

I am writing to educators, academics, and academic institutions to encourage the adoption of a course of study related to the issue of “ufos” (the most commonly used term though the United Stated government and many others today prefer the term “unidentified aerial phenomenon” or “uap”).

Despite the “breaking news” on this subject since the NY Times report of December 2017 (when they identified a Pentagon UFO study program and released Navy pilot film), signs of a continued avoidance to addressing this subject remain.

Nevertheless, there are beginning signs of a growing recognition of the need to address this, no matter where this leads. In September 2019, Politico’s Bryan Bender noted an interesting statement by the Ranking Member of the House Homeland Security Committee, Matk Walker (R-NC). Walker had been making inquiries in a partially frustrated attempt to determine whether the Chinese or Russians have made an extraordinary and dramatic leap in technology. It appears he may be realizing something else may be happening:

“In a recent interview, Walker, a former pastor, also acknowledged that he is open to the possibility that there are no easy explanations—or the answers could change how humanity perceives the known universe.”

Since preparing a course of study for a long-ignored subject may be a difficult and confusing process at the start, I want to identify a resource that can serve as a good starting point for that:

THE UFO ENCYCLOPEDIA, 3rd Edition, Two Volumes, edited by Jerome Clark. (Make sure you get the 2018 released 3rd edition; published by OMNIGRAPHICS.)

There are very limited UFO courses in a very small number of academic institutions; these may serve as helpful models.

There are also a few expensive online UFO courses of study.

Since I have had 50 plus years of intermittently engaging in a concentrated study of the subject, I began in late May 2019 to write educational content for different aspects of this subject:

As stated there, the material can be freely adopted, or utilized in any way, without attribution.

Finally, it would be great to see academic institutions as a safe refuge for encounter experiencers to relate their experiences in a setting that adheres to strict standards in research, something often lacking in the uncredentialed arena of ufology.

Thankyou for considering this.
MJ

Back