• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 21, 2019 — Irena Scott Ph.D.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Irena is one of our favorite guests. This time she continues her focus on her personal UFO sightings, plus topics brought up in her recent book, "Sacred Corridors."

We ran out of show time, but not out of things to say, so we also invited her to continue the discussion on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast. We also debuted a new segment on recent UFO sightings featuring Ufologist and atmospheric scientist William Puckett.

After The Paracast is an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. For more details, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

After the show, I looked up what the definition of "fantastic" is, and it was perfect for how I would describe this episode! I usually keep my skeptic "lab coat" on while listening to guests, but it became clear to me about 10 minutes in that I needed to hang that coat at the door and settle in for a very provocative and rich discussion. The guests that "bridge" the previous decades are by far my favorite. The segment where Irena mentions the bit about Cordell Hall is something no one talks about or the potential "new" Roswell witnesses. Now I know Randall challenged her a bit on this but I have been on the desert roads she has described and they are barely that, a horse or jeep would just be faster but driving out there is possible if you know the area. So all in there was actually new information to consider which is novel these days, well done. Ms. Scott is either 100 percent truthful, or not...that is what is so intriguing.

Listening to ATP next, hope she drops some more bombs on ya Gene!

TDSR

Irena is one of our favorite guests.

Really? I found this episode ponderous and evidence free, despite you guys desperately trying to drag it along. One of the few episodes saved by the usually intrusive commercial breaks!

I guess her witting is more inspirational...

Really? I found this episode ponderous and evidence free, despite you guys desperately trying to drag it along. One of the few episodes saved by the usually intrusive commercial breaks! I guess her witting is more inspirational...
Thanks for your comment. A couple of helpful suggestions:
  • Next time try posting some relevant questions in the Question Bank.
  • Try using your imagination to convert Ireana's relatively dry delivery into imagery.
  • When complaining about something, please include something constructive and positive.
The above would allow your thoughts to be addressed directly during the show, and so long as you don't suffer from aphantasia, might help you better identify with the strangeness and relevance of her experiences. We will also get a better idea what you do like, and focus more on that.

And as always, if there is a guest you'd prefer to see us bring on, please let us know. @TDSR is our new Guest Coordinator. You can send your suggestions directly to him.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but I found this episode really hard work to listen to. It didn't flow at all well as was evident by your and Gene's attempts to steer it back on track. I'm sure you guys appreciate feedback, even when it's not entirely positive. Gene has acknowledged poorly received shows before - so The Paracast recognises that not all shows are created equal...

I have indeed once or twice sent in questions for guests and I remember them being used.

As for guest suggestions, how about Brian Dunning?! It would be an interesting (and challenging?) show to interview someone right over at the other end of the spectrum. Although if he agreed to come on, I'm not sure he could say "it's all bunkum" in enough different ways to fill a couple of hours! But you could offer him some of the best cases in the paranormal field to see how he debunks them, and try and pin him down with the best evidence.

Maybe you've already approached him. Just a thought.

Thanks for your comment. A couple of helpful suggestions:
  • Next time try posting some relevant questions in the Question Bank.
  • Try using your imagination to convert Ireana's relatively dry delivery into imagery.
  • When complaining about something, please include something constructive and positive.
The above would allow your thoughts to be addressed directly during the show, and so long as you don't suffer from aphantasia, might help you better identify with the strangeness and relevance of her experiences. We will also get a better idea what you do like, and focus more on that.

And as always, if there is a guest you'd prefer to see us bring on, please let us know. @TDSR is our new Guest Coordinator. You can send your suggestions directly to him.
So if a show is tedious it’s the listeners fault,not the interviewers or guest?.Interesting take on things.

So if a show is tedious it’s the listeners fault,not the interviewers or guest?.Interesting take on things.
From my perspective it isn't a matter of blame. It's just some friendly suggestions that might improve @Ian's experience. When I made more of an effort to listen to her story, it helped me overlook the relatively dry delivery. If my suggestion doesn't help anyone else, I guess that's too bad, but that's the intent. Not to lay blame on anyone. How have you been doing anyway? We've got some good changes coming for The Paracast. How about we get past all the negativity we saw last year and move on with a more positive outlook.

Last edited:
Back