• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Have you been kidnapped by an alien ? Really ?

The Starman

Paranormal Maven
What are these mysterious flying bright beacons from time to time ? Incredibly advanced extraterrestrial life technologies, powered by powerful engines, camouflage devices, with the ability to change dramatically flying trajectory ? Maybe time to time somebody are doing "flash mob" with chinese lanterns in the sky ? You can choose from these two options, if you like... or make your own presumption.

di-H5DRIZ.jpg

Robert Taylor of Blairgowrie with drawing of UFO he confronted in 1979

And what about the people which testifies seeing bright lights in the sky and have been invited to fly with extraterrials ? After all, it is unlikely that the chinese lantern will decide to kidnap any innocent pensioner who "unexpectedly" finds himself in the woods and will fly to another planet. However, such reports are spread around the world. People are being harvested, explored, introduced with advanced alien technology.

Thousands of such events really mean something. It is impossible to explain all of these cases solely by the lack of attention of the abductees and the carefully drawn lies. Moreover, the details of the stories of people living in different parts of the world coincide, at times, completely unrelated (maybe). Nonetheless, more skeptical people may find it hard to accept the explanation that these stories were actually selected by the aliens to become familiar with the human strain. Is it really the Universe, of course, having achieved such incredible technological progress, such an interesting old woman from a glorious Russian village, or an ordinary grandfather from the USA farm ? For those who question the aliens, but believing that not all people - liars and deceivers - worthy of getting to know another explanation. These are the tricks of the human brain, which make you sincerely believe that you have been abducted by extraterrestrial life.

People who believe that they have been examined by an alien are not necessarily mental patients. The psychological tests revealed that the kidnapped not often suffer from psychosis or have other serious psychiatric disorders. It may simply be people with an unusually high level of fantasy, and unusual beliefs and convictions. According to Susan Clancy, a Harvard scientist, a large proportion of the "abducted" tend to have schizotypal symptoms. People with this psychological qualities may seem to change a bit, but at the same time they can be highly educated and intelligent. They tend to think "magically", to believe in unusual and strange things. Most of the believers who were kidnapped, you are not afraid to believe in magic, psycho-kinase, astrology, gods and other supernatural/paranormal phenomena.

In her book "Abducted: How People Come to Believe They Were Kidnapped", Susan Clancy writes that kidnapped people are pleased with their experience, band none of them will refuse to repeat them. Despite all the shock or suffering experienced, kidnapped people value their experience. "Their lives have improved. They felt less lonely, began to look optimistic about the future, feel better people. They chose to be "kidnapped" themselves - writes Clancy.

One of the most common abduction scenarios that are repeated throughout the world, in different cultures, for different people: waking up from strange lights and sounds at night. The human body is paralyzed, tangled, unable to even call for help. You can feel strange effect, as if threw whole body went electricity. Possible levitation - the abductee m feel that the cluttered body rises above the bed. A huge alien head appears. These creatures are investigating with various instruments and so on. Experiences are horrible and definitely sounds like from Sci-Fi Horror movies/books. Nevertheless, the events themselves are believed to be mere hallucinations caused by sleep paralysis.

di-QO163V.jpg

Common grey alien, this species really do like abducting people since there are reported more then 82 different colours, shapes of extraterrials.

Usually, when a sleeping person is paralyzed, his body is immovable. This is a security mechanism that makes us while sleeping, do not fall from the sleeping place (bed) or go out and get hurt. However, sometimes this protection mechanism can instruct and a person can wake his body in a state of paralysis. The brain is also not completely awake - they are still dreaming. An experienced person perceives the environment, feels his body, is staring, but can not move and still can see dreams. These dreams, or hallucinations, look incredibly bright and realistic. The whole body feels visible events. However, then aliens, ghosts or other mystical creatures are visible - all of this is just a fantasy fruit. If you have never been introduced to UFO stories, saw aliens pictures, movies, read books. It's almost zero possibility, that you gonna dream that one night. In dreams you can see figures which you already know. Humans face etc, that goes with sexual fantasies aswell. oh....almost fogort...blind people don not dream of images/colours, they dream smells or sounds.

Sleep paralysis, according to skeptics, is often the cause of recollections of abduction. However, Susan Clancy claims that nobody opens a full set of memories and impressions about the kidnap after night. Most often, these memories are "tied up" from dreaming asleep or awakening stages. Sometimes you wake up feeling uncertain, strange, which you want to explain. Those with more elegant imagination can choose aliens as an explanation. And then the brain can begin to create false memories of the abduction. Therefore, in some cases, the kidnapped person can claim that the aliens have blocked their memory and, over time, it returns after a piece. The creative mind can tighten hallucinations to false facts . For example, a strange bruise on the body, thanks to brain fantasy, can be a "proof" of an alien implant.

The strange phenomenon of sleep paralysis is not something very unusual or bad in itself. It affects about 25 percent of the world's population. About 5 percent of them feel the complete set of sleep paralysis - images, sounds, touches, even smells (as i mentioned before with blind people). The human brain is incredibly powerful, and alone capable of creating such experiences. A person can be proud of such mindfulness. Nevertheless, these opportunities may well be misleading. When looking for the explanations of the experiences, people who are naive or too fanciful and creative can believe that they were actually kidnapped by aliens. Magical explanations for magical people are much more encouraging, seemingly more meaningful. Therefore, the "kidnapped" can enter into a belief in the hallucinations they experience. The UFOs "researchers", which publish various pseudo-science books, fantastic films and other stories about aliens, do not help to separate these realities from hallucinations. In many cases it's just a simple wishful thinking.

Sleep paralysis explains far from all the supposed alien experiments with humans. The second main rational explanation is the phenomenon of false memories. This is called human recollections, which are strongly believed, but which have not occurred. Richard McNally's experiment, which investigated the abducted reactions to their own stories, revealed that false memories of the body could lead to similar symptoms as post-traumatic stress syndrome. Listening to their own recorded stories about the abduction, subjects pressure exerted, intensified their sweating.

This experiment was conducted to find out the effects of false memories on the body, and not the "truth" about alien abductions. Therefore, the premise was that the memories of the investigators were false. Proved that the mistaken memories of the abducted are really wrong - almost impossible. However, there may be discrepancies between real facts and stories. It's hard for a human brain to create a story about what it did not experience. Therefore, if the kidnapped is very interested, for example, in aviation - his story may have plenty of right-looking details about spacecraft, airplanes, and so on. And here, in areas where it is not possible, there can be a heap of logical and actual mistakes that reveal the truth about false memories. The story about abduction has same importance as abductee's characteristic.

di-TD2K5K.jpg

Betty's drawing of the alien she believed she saw.

The phenomenon of false memories itself has been tracked and investigated many times. The most common memories are about sexual abuse or catastrophes. For example, in 1998, was a shooting in USA school, many injured. Psychologists Robert Pynoos and Karim Nader interviewed 133 children and found out a striking thing: some of children who did not even were at school at that day, swore "surviving" a shootout. They sincerely believed that everything was happening to their eyes. They also demonstrated symptoms of post traumatic stress syndrome. It's as if you personally would have survived all those events.

In this case, finding out the truth - false memories or not - was quite easy. What about the abductees ? Is it possible for a believer to prove that he is wrong in the absence of witnesses by abduction ? Could you question the memories that have become part of your life that you remember bright, clear, and associated with all the rest of your life ? Hardly.... Psychologist Richard McNally says that it's practically impossible for a believer, being kidnapped, to explain that this has not happened. Therefore, it's not even worth doing. However, it is important for people who are familiar with false memories to know about this phenomenon and be ready carefully evaluate other narratives.

These two human phenomena of the brain: sleep paralysis and false memories can rationally explain virtually all the events associated with abductees. On the other hand, they can not deny that a man was not really kidnapped by an alien. The probability that he was not abducted is wildly large. A human being, hoping for his abduction will successfully ignore any rational explanations and probabilities.

Last edited:
I like what you did there, nice article, but before I continue is all of this based on clancys and McNally work? How many cases of abduction have you read about?

I like what you did there, nice article, but before I continue is all of this based on clancys and McNally work? How many cases of abduction have you read about?
It's just a couple quotes from her book.

Many....don't know the number. I studied psychology, ufology is my hobby, more then 10 years now past away. I'm interested in many stuff, religion is one of them aswell. It's based on my knowledge, what i read, watched. Not so long ago i started to write.

Last edited:
False memories don't explain everything either, one example is the Travis Walton abduction, 5 witnesses and he was gone for days while his friends where accused of murder, there's also quite a few more incidents that have many witnesses and can not be written away as either false memory nor sleep paralysis . Harvard psychologist Dr. John E. Mack recognized that there was more to the abduction phenomena and did not believe they where either of these states of false memories nor sleep paralysis, but a literal abduction. Now If all mental, why are so many people having the same sleep paralysis nightmares/ hallucinations? Well they can't, the argument may be made for example that pop culture may have somthing to do with this but that's simply just false. In other words the statement that either can explain anything abductees experience is quite false.Well actually the phenomena of sleep paralysis dosnt explain everything in a broad brush stroke, for example the duration of time for a state of sleep can range for a number of minutes but not a large extended amount of time, also the abductee can consciously recall an incident on there own in most cases, this is without hypnotic regression. This also includes Dr. John Macks work with children, he saw a stark difference between these phenomena and abduction, and has said on many occasions and lectures, stating "I went into the abduction field thinking it to be some form of mental illness only to find that it was actully happening in a physical sense". As well as the fact that during sleep paralysis you are as stated paralysed and in one place unable to move while abductions you are taken somewhere else, this is not characteristic of sleep paralysis, but I do like what you wrote very well written, although again there are many large holes in the phenomena just being a psychological one.

Last edited:
False memories don't explain everything either, one example is the Travis Walton abduction, 5 witnesses and he was gone for days while his friends where accused of murder, there's also quite a few more incidents that have many witnesses and can not be written away as either false memory nor sleep paralysis .
Travis is a pathological liar and a hoaxer.

Harvard psychologist Dr. John E. Mack recognized that there was more to the abduction phenomena and did not believe they where either of these states of false memories nor sleep paralysis, but a literal abduction.
He can believe or say whatever he wants. I'm not interested in pseudoscience.

Now If all mental, why are so many people having the same sleep paralysis nightmares/ hallucinations?
Nightmares with demons, angels are more common then aliens, but that does not mean they are real. If you firmly believe in supernatural entities, there may not be a great deal of science that could convince you otherwise. It’s a personal choice to believe in such things. If you never saw an alien movie, heard/read stories about it. You have a 0% chance dream something like abduction. It's a pop culture thing. USA citizens more likely gonna be "abducted" then any other country by far....

Nightmares with demons, angels are more common then aliens, but that does not mean they are real. If you firmly believe in supernatural entities, there may not be a great deal of science that could convince you otherwise. It’s a personal choice to believe in such things. If you never saw an alien movie, heard/read stories about it. You have a 0% chance dream something like abduction. It's a pop culture thing. USA citizens more likely gonna be "abducted" then any other country by far....
Well again one of many incidents with multiple wittnesses, as well as a matter of opinion, as far as I know he has lied about nothing and hoaxed nothing . Maybe not focus on the one thing I've said if you don't believe his story

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

The second point you make about Dr. Mack is quite unbelievable to say, his conclusions are what he came to, and are a matter of opinion and his own interpretation . But the research he conducted with abductees where true accounts, it's data that can be used to color ones own thieseis. Those are accounts of people who believe they where abducted. With all do respect try and be a little more scientific and see the big picture rather than calling the man's research pseudoscience.

Nightmares with demons, angels are more common then aliens, but that does not mean they are real. If you firmly believe in supernatural entities, there may not be a great deal of science that could convince you otherwise. It’s a personal choice to believe in such things. If you never saw an alien movie, heard/read stories about it. You have a 0% chance dream something like abduction. It's a pop culture thing. USA citizens more likely gonna be "abducted" then any other country by far....[/QUOTE]

Think about what you said more likely to be abducted, if kinda like to see the data and numbers you have on that, abduction accounts take place everywhere around the world. Now it's not a just a popular culture thing pop culture for the most part has been colored by the abduction accounts, never liked that argument it's kind of a cop out. A good example is that of the close encounters of the third kind- Joe alvis "the guy who helped disign the aliens for the film" stated, the idea of what the aliens looked like came from actual encounters, but onto the demons, angels thing, again they don't abduct people, you also disregarded my comment about the time frame of an abduction compared to that of a hypnopompic or hypnogogic state "nightmares or hallucinations". There have been acctual accounts of people saying they know nothing about aliens, and where abducted so unless you can start disproving the hundreds who made that claim, you can't really disregard those comments. It's more of a chicken or the egg thing with the pop culture thing, that's still debated today. I'll make an article a dressing that soon, I do like your work although I will say you do seem to have some form of bias towards abductions in my opinion.

Last edited:
Well again one of many incidents with multiple wittnesses, as well as a matter of opinion, as far as I know he has lied about nothing and hoaxed nothing . Maybe not focus on the one thing I've said if you don't believe his story

Ofcourse i don't believe him. He was debunked by several people. He has no proof that his "alien abduction" took place.

The second point you make about Dr. Mack is quite unbelievable to say, his conclusions are what he came to, and are a matter of opinion and his own interpretation . But the research he conducted with abductees where true accounts, it's data that can be used to color ones own thieseis. Those are accounts of people who believe they where abducted. With all do respect try and be a little more scientific and see the big picture rather than calling the man's research pseudoscience.

What is scientific about his work ?

Think about what you said more likely to be abducted, if kinda like to see the data and numbers you have on that, abduction accounts take place everywhere around the world. Now it's not a just a popular culture thing pop culture for the most part has been colored by the abduction accounts, never liked that argument it's kind of a cop out. A good example is that of the close encounters of the third kind- Joe alvis "the guy who helped disign the aliens for the film" stated, the idea of what the aliens looked like came from actual encounters, but onto the demons, angels thing, again they don't abduct people, you also disregarded my comment about the time frame of an abduction compared to that of a hypnopompic or hypnogogic state "nightmares or hallucinations". There have been acctual accounts of people saying they know nothing about aliens, and where abducted so unless you can start disproving the hundreds who made that claim, you can't really disregard those comments. It's more of a chicken or the egg thing with the pop culture thing, that's still debated today. I'll make an article a dressing that soon, I do like your work although I will say you do seem to have some form of bias towards abductions in my opinion.
First we need to find a human/animal who was really abducted and then move on from that point. Do you know any case which is worth the time or has no "errors" ?

Ofcourse i don't believe him. He was debunked by several people. He has no proof that his "alien abduction" took place.

What is scientific about his work ?

First we need to find a human/animal who was really abducted and then move on from that point. Do you know any case which is worth the time or has no "errors" ?
I have yet to hear conclusively that he has been debunked or been caught telling lies of his case, but again it's only one example.

Dr. John Mack does work with abductees, they believe what they are saying actully happened, take away his conclusions and you have a pool of data from abductees that believe they have gone through something. His interpition is his own and I disagree with where he took it as well, but he still did alot of work and great work.

Well we can look rather at the accumulation and consistency of reported abductions "the events themselves" to paint a picture rather then ask for a smoking gun, you can also compare what's reported in close encounters of the third kind " not the movie, but the cases" and compare to actual abductions and compare, preferably ones with physical trace evidence, human beings are flawed and nothing reported can be verified to 100 % certainty unless we observe that for ourselves, but to take everything as a lie or descridit accounts is not very smart to do. I have read many accounts, as well as listened to many accounts one I can point to is the regressions of Mike Jones on the paranexus podcast it has his full regression tapes and him speaking of this as well, I'd also note the book by Bob Mitchell intrusion.

I have yet to hear conclusively that he has been debunked or been caught telling lies of his case, but again it's only one example.
Did you read this The Selling of the Travis Walton "Abduction" Story ?

Dr. John Mack does work with abductees, they believe what they are saying actully happened, take away his conclusions and you have a pool of data from abductees that believe they have gone through something. His interpition is his own and I disagree with where he took it as well, but he still did alot of work and great work.
Dr. John Mack is dead more then 10 year now. Highly criticized by own colleagues. Science is about objective mind, in his case it was cherry picking with methodological errors. He was more a parapsychologist/philosopher then a scientist in this case. He never published his tests, no video, no publicity about his surveys whatsoever. Just his spiritual interpretations.
What kind of science is that ?

Well we can look rather at the accumulation and consistency of reported abductions "the events themselves" to paint a picture rather then ask for a smoking gun, you can also compare what's reported in close encounters of the third kind " not the movie, but the cases" and compare to actual abductions and compare, preferably ones with physical trace evidence, human beings are flawed and nothing reported can be verified to 100 % certainty unless we observe that for ourselves, but to take everything as a lie or descridit accounts is not very smart to do.
There is no evidence that alien abduction ever took place on planet Earth. Not once.

I have read many accounts, as well as listened to many accounts one I can point to is the regressions of Mike Jones on the paranexus podcast it has his full regression tapes and him speaking of this as well, I'd also note the book by Bob Mitchell intrusion.
Which regressive hypnosis methodology he was using ?

Did you read this The Selling of the Travis Walton "Abduction" Story ?

Why are we stuck on the one case, again there are SO many others. That's quite a long article and I'll re address that later

Dr. John Mack is dead more then 10 year now. Highly criticized by own colleagues. Science is about objective mind, in his case it was cherry picking with methodological errors. He was more a parapsychologist/philosopher then a scientist in this case. He never published his tests, no video, no publicity about his surveys whatsoever. Just his spiritual interpretations.
What kind of science is that ?

There is no evidence that alien abduction ever took place on planet Earth. Not once.

Which regressive hypnosis methodology he was using ?
Dr. Macks work can be found in his books, highly criticzed is correct he was claiming aliens abducted people, with all fo respect what the hell do you think was gonna happen, what scientific about that? The abductions again not the interpitiation, are the data, how many happen, It also happens from childhood on, meaning children have a large amount of abduction accounts, could this be do to parents feeding there kids info, sure thing but not in every case but if I spoke to a kid who was abducted and you spoke to a kid who was abducted, We would walk away with two different conclusions, that in itself comes down to interpitaion, im open minded but skeptical while you seem to be my only skeptical.

People suffer from p.t.s.d as an example. From a dream of hallucinations?
No not how that works, same with cover memories, now if I'm gonna have to quote some Freud on that I will. And how would you prove an abduction took place? Can you even? Or are you claiming it all comes down to human fallicey? Regardless scientific about it well accumulation of reports and the commonalities between reports, I'll tell you now I don't know if they are really happening, hints why people do reasearch, but I do see threads. You want to know more man go talk to some actual abductees , how many have you spoken to to yourself rather then just reading clancys work and others books?

I don't know the methodology used, the whole entire regression is taped. Take a listen and draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
It's a waste of time to quoate everything so i will just answer in couple sentences. (last time)
I don't know the methodology used, the whole entire regression is taped. Take a listen and draw your own conclusions.
So you don't know what kind of hypnosis methodology was used and still you are capable drawing somekind of conclusions (basically presumptions) based on audio tape. Gestalt or Erikson methodology i guess does not make any difference...

Parapsychology books about spirituality with made up interpretations does not do justice, the same goes to hoaxers and "Alien abduction data". Science is not about making unreasonable assumptions. To make a case you must have some reasonable arguments, all i can see here is wishful thinking. When it comes to knowledge about human behaviour i'm in right field. I have a master degree in psychology also had many credits of psychiatry, especially in bachelor third year. You call yourself a skeptic, but don't know nothing about this subject called "alien abduction" besides what you read or see on internet. I will leave it with that. Good luck.

Last edited:
It's a waste of time to quoate everything so i will just answer in couple sentences. (last time)

So you don't know what kind of hypnosis methodology was used and still you are capable drawing somekind of conclusions (basically presumptions) based on audio tape. Gestalt or Erikson methodology i guess does not make any difference...

Parapsychology books about spirituality with made up interpretations does not do justice, the same goes to hoaxers and "Alien abduction data". Science is not about making unreasonable assumptions. To make a case you must have some reasonable arguments, all i can see here is wishful thinking. When it comes to knowledge about human behaviour i'm in right field. I have a master degree in psychology also had many credits of psychiatry, especially in bachelor third year. You call yourself a skeptic, but don't know nothing about this subject called "alien abduction" besides what you read or see on internet. I will leave it with that. Good luck.

I don't care about there conclusions, only what is reported , you expect me to think you went to school when you can't even see that point I was getting at? Also on that do not lecture me about science, the thing is you have to attempt to disprove things in this field, which I have attempted to do in many ways in my own research, I make no unreasonable assumptions, but here we are again like I have to defend either EXAMPLES I have made instead of moving forwards, oh there is data you just need to do your research. I'm kinda laughing because your arguments are not really arguments.

Oh friend , I know quite a bit about abductions and I am quite skeptical and in fact scientific, I threw you a couple example and you ran with them, I don't really need to know the methodology. It sounds like again you spoke to no abductees therefore went on to get quite angered, I'm not a psychologist so I don't need to know what methodology, especially because not everyone has to be regressed. impressive credentials, yet you have spoken to no one and hopped on things like debunker.com, but I'll tell you, I have done much more then read and hop on the internet. I wouldn't call you scientific by far, it's not wishful thinking by any means I'm trying to figure things out, so if I say a throw out a couple examples about Dr. John Mack or Travis Walton and you run with them, and focus on that rather then the message I'm attempting to convey, well I'd argue that's your own conclusions, apparently you haven't read what I have put out, nor have you grasped what I have been attempting to debate here, also I believe in your first comment you said read and watched referring to ufology, do not say that's all I do Nice try, on that we will leave this at what it is. Speak to abductees or don't write your papers.

Last edited:
There's some good point/counterpoint going on here, but essentially it's the same story with abductees as it is with contactees. None I've read about have been able to furnish any material evidence or knowledge that was beyond the scope of knowledge and/or theoretical possibilities contemplated by their contemporaries. That doesn't mean nobody has had a genuine CE-4 or CE-5 experience ( according to the Vallée system ), but we don't have sufficient evidence to differentiate the genuine cases from the rest. Therefore even highly questionable cases like the Sitgreaves National Forest incident ( The Walton case ) cannot be claimed with absolute certainty to be either true or a hoax.

Personally, I think something has been going on, but exactly what and with whom for what reason remains unclear. Even if alien abduction is real and firsthand witnesses are relaying their experiences with 100% accuracy, that doesn't mean that what the aliens relay to the experiencers is true. Yet I can see how the overwhelming nature of such an experience could lead a witness to simply take it at face value. To the objective researcher however, the entire abduction could be a staged event designed specifically to implant specific beliefs in witnesses for the purpose of behavioral study. Indeed, if there is any pattern, that's the one that seems most obvious to me.

There's some good point/counterpoint going on here, but essentially it's the same story with abductees as it is with contactees. None I've read about have been able to furnish any material evidence or knowledge that was beyond the scope of knowledge and/or theoretical possibilities contemplated by their contemporaries. That doesn't mean nobody has had a genuine CE-4 or CE-5 experience ( according to the Vallée system ), but we don't have sufficient evidence to differentiate the genuine cases from the rest. Therefore even highly questionable cases like the Sitgreaves National Forest incident ( The Walton case ) cannot be claimed with absolute certainty to be either true or a hoax.

Personally, I think something has been going on, but exactly what and with whom for what reason remains unclear. Even if alien abduction is real and firsthand witnesses are relaying their experiences with 100% accuracy, that doesn't mean that what the aliens relay to the experiencers is true. Yet I can see how the overwhelming nature of such an experience could lead a witness to simply take it at face value. To the objective researcher however, the entire abduction could be a staged event designed specifically to implant specific beliefs in witnesses for the purpose of behavioral study. Indeed, if there is any pattern, that's the one that seems most obvious to me.
I completely agree with you

Back