• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

:The Slenderman Mysteries": Ask Nick Redfern

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The subtitle says, "An internet urban legend comes to life."

Nick needs no introduction.

The episode will be recorded Wed., April 18th from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM Central, 4:00 PM until 6:00 PM Pacific.

Michael Allen will be co-host.

if its not to late are you saying that a creepypasta internet creation that is responsible for the near death of a innocent child is real?
what do you say to the parents of a young girl who was nearly killed in the name of a fictional character?
are you prepared to state clearly that slenderman is not real?
are you prepared to help get the movie about slender man cancelled?

Hey Nick - greetings from Blighty.

I enjoy your writing and have done for a number of years and wondered whether when (if?) you head back this way do you ever take the opportunity to do any research on more European/British curiosities or is it generally purely a social visit?

Is there a topic that still nags away at you from your homeland which you think deserves further study? I believe that there was a UFO incident involving radar experienced by your father when serving with the RAF - is that something you feel you've covered or is it worthy of reappraisal?

Thanks Nick - I look forward to hearing you chat with Gene & Michael.

All the best,

Dave.

Gene, a Mon. and a Wed, way to stay nimble considering!!! Michael I am not sold...bring the guns this week and corner Nick (PS. I think you did great during your debut).

- What percent of "paranormal" experiences, meaning perceived and believed, are concomitant with physical mechanics or coincidences of this particular dimension?

- Are you willing to explain what you think consciousness is to us listening? And please don't avoid, I am damn curious about your opinion.

- Let's have fun, what percent of Homo sapiens among us today are comprised of less than or equal to %50 our DNA, offseting with what we call terrestrial species or extra T DNS? (Have you been to the mall?)

Random, yes, diverse...that was the point.

TDSR

Gene, a Mon. and a Wed, way to stay nimble considering!!! Michael I am not sold...bring the guns this week and corner Nick (PS. I think you did great during your debut).

- What percent of "paranormal" experiences, meaning perceived and believed, are concomitant with physical mechanics or coincidences of this particular dimension?

- Are you willing to explain what you think consciousness is to us listening? And please don't avoid, I am damn curious about your opinion.

- Let's have fun, what percent of Homo sapiens among us today are comprised of less than or equal to %50 our DNA, offseting with what we call terrestrial species or extra T DNS? (Have you been to the mall?)

Random, yes, diverse...that was the point.

TDSR

Alas I think you may be disappointed in me...I don't always have my "guns" out when having a conversation...I will tell you that as a co-host my role is different...I may wish to inject my thoughts and hammer the guest about their assumptions and claims...but I also know that I should give them enough time and space to exhibit their own thoughts and let listeners decide. So I hope I don't come off a "softballing" ...even so I think I brought up some hidden "monkey wrenches" into the discussion. Enjoy.

I don't think Nick necessarily believes in all the things he writes about.

As he should...he collects stories and--for the most part--allows the reader to connect the dots (he does present his own opinion from time to time, but my impression from his interview is that he is genuinely interested in the open question regarding paranormal phenomena)

Back