• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose if it's illegal this guy may be able to stop him. US general says he would resist 'illegal' Trump nuclear strike order. Here's an interview with a prospective nuclear launch officer that you may find fascinating.
Fabulous post. This is of course the focal point of the technological adolescence that Sagan spoke of.
We still live under a nuclear threat on a daily basis, which is why it completely floors me that the people of the USA
would put the nuclear football in the hands of a guy who for all appearances seems to be a sociopath.

If you have problems viewing this try the Chrome browser.
YouTube seems to be acting strange since they signed away net neutrality.

Now with Fukushima and other nuclear power problems, if radiation doesn't kill us quickly it seems like it will kill us slowly.
Add in the socio-political factors and some days it's tempting to think that we're now living at the peak of our civilization.
That's is when I get in my agent Smith mode.

But then again it also seems like every other generation before us thought the same thing,
plus the power of technology to do good is nothing short of amazing.
So there is still hope and promise despite all this.

Last edited:
ddda22576e1002ba900ae3d0e495ba4f--nuclear-winter-christmas-jumpers.jpg

A 'category mistake' only for categorically positivist thinkers. Yours is among the most closed minds I've encountered in a long life, 'thinking' only from fixed and rigid presuppositions that are in fact dogmatic and doctrinaire (and, even in science, distinctly 'old school'). If your dismissal of whole disciplines of human thought and research, and even of the progress made in inter-disciplinary consciousness studies, were not so offensive, it would be comic.

But have a nice day. :)
Maybe if you did some more reading you’d find I’m right?

Do you see how annoying that is?

Seriously, throwing other people’s paper’s around, claiming wordplay in topics that have nothing to do with each other provides meaning, and getting twisted up in ontological knots isn’t how the dialectic works.

You’re basically claiming things that have meaning in one context have meanings in another.

This is like claiming time has a taste or that the texture of smell is blue.

And it’s really annoying when you’re not really arguing anything.

Last edited:
Maybe if you did some more reading you’d find I’m right?

I can, and do, say the same thing to you.[/quote]

Seriously, throwing other people’s paper’s around, claiming wordplay in topics that have nothing to do with each other provides meaning, and getting twisted up in ontological knots isn’t how the dialectic works.

If you were to read the discussions accumulated in the C&P thread and do the reading linked and required to follow the interdisciplinary discourse pursued there you would be able, I think, to understand the contemporary 'dialectic' involved in both the epistemology and ontology of consciousness and mind vis a vis the physical world {to the extent that the 'world' is understood at present in physics, biology, and philosophy}. If you don't believe that these and additional disciplines are relevant to dialectical discourse in our time concerning the nature of 'reality', what do you mean by "how the dialectic works"?

You’re basically claiming things that have meaning in one context have meanings in another.

The experiential/empirical contexts within which our evolved species consciously exists overlap and interact in all works of 'mind' that have funded our current conceptions of the nature and character of what we can call 'reality'. What you consider to be purely 'objective' properties of a world that can only be understood objectively are all borne out of and understood from the basis of empirically lived experience in the 'world'.

This is like claiming time has a taste or that the texture of smell is blue.

That's a nonsensical statement. You seem to believe that human ideas have not developed out of the basis of human experience in the 'world'. Suggest you start by reading Kant.

Last edited:
I can, and do, say the same thing to you.

If you were to read the discussions accumulated in the C&P thread and do the reading linked and required to follow the interdisciplinary discourse pursued there you would be able, I think, to understand the contemporary 'dialectic' involved in both the epistemology and ontology of consciousness and mind vis a vis the physical world {to the extent that the 'world' is understood at present in physics, biology, and philosophy}. If you don't believe that these and additional disciplines are relevant to dialectical discourse in our time concerning the nature of 'reality', what do you mean by "how the dialectic works"?

The experiential/empirical contexts within which our evolved species consciously exists overlap and interact in all works of 'mind' that have funded our current conceptions of the nature and character of what we can call 'reality'. What you consider to be purely 'objective' properties of a world that can only be understood objectively are all borne out of and understood from the basis of empirically lived experience in the 'world'.

That's a nonsensical statement. You seem to believe that human ideas have not developed out of the basis of human experience in the 'world'. Suggest you start by reading Kant.
Whoosh!

You must be fun at parties.

kant_touch_this_t_shirt-r9f84a84856734ef8ba7008d5efcd914c_k2gm8_400.jpg

Is there really not one liberal out there willing to say, "Yeah, the text messages from the FBI agent about taking Trump down & the 'insurance policy' are troubling & we should investigate to make sure the investigation was unbiased." Really? Not one liberal will say it?

Is there really not one liberal out there willing to say, "Yeah, the text messages from the FBI agent about taking Trump down & the 'insurance policy' are troubling & we should investigate to make sure the investigation was unbiased." Really? Not one liberal will say it?
Lol.

He’s too good at just coming out and admitting it on twitter or national television.

Besides it literally doesn’t matter if the investigators love or hate the person being investigated. They find what they find.

If the cops bust me with a kilo of cocaine, it doesn’t matter if one of them was my high school bully.

You actually have only part of the story, which is the consequence of the bubble you exist in.

I heard it discussed a number of times on CNN and MSNBC.

The FBI agent who shared those text messages, which also criticized Clinton and others by the way (equal opportunity offenders, although Fox News doesn't have the guts to reveal that) was removed from the case last summer. So, no, he didn't hurt the investigation.

You seem to forget that the special prosecutor is former FBI Director Mueller, a lifelong Republican who served most of his term as head of the FBI as a George W. Bush appointee. How little you know about what's going on.

Reason he and his team are being attacked now is that Trump is freaking out over how close the investigation is coming to him, and has demanded that the Republicans try to throw cold water on it.

You really have to widen your horizons because you have barely a clue about what's going on.

So creepy is the act of deleting emails or
Conspericy with Russia to commit election fraud a greater crime? I know my choice!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Bear in mind that the criticism about Clinton's deletion of emails is mostly false. She simply had her lawyers delete personal messages, and turned in printed copies of the State Department emails. It was claimed her lawyers might have overlooked some business-related mail in removing the rest, but it's not as if they were necessarily all that significant. I suspect they probably cheated and used search to find the personal messages rather than read each one, which made the process imperfect.

Colin Powell, who used AOL for his State Department email, deleted everything, period. But nobody complained about that!

Remember, the Republicans want after Clinton to discredit her for political motives. They didn't care about others who did far worse.

Bear in mind that the criticism about Clinton's deletion of emails is mostly false. She simply had her lawyers delete personal messages, and turned in printed copies of the State Department emails. It was claimed her lawyers might have overlooked some business-related mail in removing the rest, but it's not as if they were necessarily all that significant. I suspect they probably cheated and used search to find the personal messages rather than read each one, which made the process imperfect.

Colin Powell, who used AOL for his State Department email, deleted everything, period. But nobody complained about that!

Remember, the Republicans want after Clinton to discredit her for political motives. They didn't care about others who did far worse.
Gene you are spot on!
Trump and his flunkys worked with Russia to commit election fraud. Trump STOLE the election.

So creepy is the act of deleting emails or
Conspericy with Russia to commit election fraud a greater crime? I know my choice!

Deleting over 30,000 & sending classified information. A 22 year old sailor too six pictures of a section of the USS Alexandria to show his family. Not supposed to do that. So what happened? Prosecuted and sentenced to one year in prison, 6 mos home confinement, 3 years of supervised release, kicked out of the Navy with a "less than honorable" discharge (which is a HUGE deal to explain the rest of your life & it looks really shitty to any employers). I mean, I've had my family onboard the plane I used to fly in the Navy - it wasn't classified - but I took pics of them sitting in my seat, inside the plane, outside the plane, by the dummy rockets/mines/bombs/torpedos etc. You're young, your proud of the ship/plane/equipment you work on and the only way your parents/siblings can see where you work everyday is by showing them some pictures. Well, he was prosecuted and the basically ruined his life. But Hillary? 30,000+ emails? Purposely destroyed so nobody can get to them? Skates away free as a bird. How the hell does that work? Nothing, zero, zilch for Hillary but one year of prison for Kristian Saucier. Two other individuals were caught also taking pictures of the same section of the USS Alexandria (submarine) but they were just disciplined, not prosecuted. So it's like members of Congress & Trey Gowdy has said; we have two different legal systems & sets of standards = one for you and I - then one for the rich & connected - like the Clintons. I have to admit she did do a fine job of trying to cover up Benghazi by blaming it on an "internet video" which is laughable. It's like "ummm, no it wasn't because of a video - it's because of you!" But just like her rapist husband - she just keeps evading any consequences. I had to remind someone (a person in their twenty's that doesn't know any better) that her husbands nickname is "Slick Willy". They didn't know that and they were like "Really?" Yeah - do you think they just randomly came up with "Slick" or do you think it's because he also has a special way of slipping & sliding out of any type of situation you can throw his way?

So not only does Hillary escape any punishment - to make the matter even more ridiculous after mishandling 1000's of e-mails - she has the audacity to ask for a promotion to the highest position the country has to offer. Yeah, if you can't even figure out how to send/receive emails - you're not getting the ability to have your finger on the button that launches the nukes. Sorry. And a lot of other people see it the same way. People that watch the worst, fakest news channel on the planet - CNN, don't get it though. The same channel that when a pipe bomb exploded in NYC the other day - they were focused on how many Diet Cokes the president drinks per day, LOL.

So that sucks that that kid had to sit in a prison cell and when other prisoners are like "Hey, why are you in here?" He has to say (after explaining that he's had a successful career in the US Navy for 4 years) "I took 6 pictures" (other prisoners) "Huh? What?" - "I took classified pictures of a section of my sub" (other prisoners) "Thats it? Didn't Hillary send & receive classified info/emails by the 1000's and purposely go out of her way to destroy any copies of the evidence and NOT get 1 day of prison time?" - "Yep."

As usual - it depends who you are, who you know, who your connected to. #sadbuttrue

Deleting over 30,000 & sending classified information. A 22 year old sailor too six pictures of a section of the USS Alexandria to show his family. Not supposed to do that. So what happened? Prosecuted and sentenced to one year in prison, 6 mos home confinement, 3 years of supervised release, kicked out of the Navy with a "less than honorable" discharge (which is a HUGE deal to explain the rest of your life & it looks really shitty to any employers). I mean, I've had my family onboard the plane I used to fly in the Navy - it wasn't classified - but I took pics of them sitting in my seat, inside the plane, outside the plane, by the dummy rockets/mines/bombs/torpedos etc. You're young, your proud of the ship/plane/equipment you work on and the only way your parents/siblings can see where you work everyday is by showing them some pictures. Well, he was prosecuted and the basically ruined his life. But Hillary? 30,000+ emails? Purposely destroyed so nobody can get to them? Skates away free as a bird. How the hell does that work? Nothing, zero, zilch for Hillary but one year of prison for Kristian Saucier. Two other individuals were caught also taking pictures of the same section of the USS Alexandria (submarine) but they were just disciplined, not prosecuted. So it's like members of Congress & Trey Gowdy has said; we have two different legal systems & sets of standards = one for you and I - then one for the rich & connected - like the Clintons. I have to admit she did do a fine job of trying to cover up Benghazi by blaming it on an "internet video" which is laughable. It's like "ummm, no it wasn't because of a video - it's because of you!" But just like her rapist husband - she just keeps evading any consequences. I had to remind someone (a person in their twenty's that doesn't know any better) that her husbands nickname is "Slick Willy". They didn't know that and they were like "Really?" Yeah - do you think they just randomly came up with "Slick" or do you think it's because he also has a special way of slipping & sliding out of any type of situation you can throw his way?

So not only does Hillary escape any punishment - to make the matter even more ridiculous after mishandling 1000's of e-mails - she has the audacity to ask for a promotion to the highest position the country has to offer. Yeah, if you can't even figure out how to send/receive emails - you're not getting the ability to have your finger on the button that launches the nukes. Sorry. And a lot of other people see it the same way. People that watch the worst, fakest news channel on the planet - CNN, don't get it though. The same channel that when a pipe bomb exploded in NYC the other day - they were focused on how many Diet Cokes the president drinks per day, LOL.

So that sucks that that kid had to sit in a prison cell and when other prisoners are like "Hey, why are you in here?" He has to (after explaining that he's had a successful career in the US Navy for 4 years) "I took 6 pictures" (other prisoners) "Huh? What?" - "I took classified pictures of a section of my sub" (other prisoners) "Thats it? Didn't Hillary send & receive classified info/emails by the 1000's and purposely go out of her way to destroy any copies of the evidence and NOT get 1 day of prison time?" - "Yep."

As usual - it depends who you are, who you know, who your connected to. #sadbuttrue
Ok you speak long on the emails. What of Conspericy with Russia to commit election fraud?

So that sucks that that kid had to sit in a prison cell and when other prisoners are like "Hey, why are you in here?" He has to say (after explaining that he's had a successful career in the US Navy for 4 years) "I took 6 pictures" (other prisoners) "Huh? What?" - "I took classified pictures of a section of my sub" (other prisoners) "Thats it? Didn't Hillary send & receive classified info/emails by the 1000's and purposely go out of her way to destroy any copies of the evidence and NOT get 1 day of prison time?" - "Yep."

You do not at all understand what this alleged classified information was all about. No national secrets were compromised. Do some research. Tell me, also, which cabinet secretaries her email practices were compared to. Answer, none.

You have it all wrong. As usual.

And one more thing: About that FBI agent who wrote criticisms of Trump in emails, all that was evidently a cover for an office romance between him and another employee. But the right-wing media was too stupid to figure out what was really happening.

Nothing you say against Clinton makes Trump any better.

She’s not your president. He is.

Why are you not pointing your critical eye at the one that is actually in power instead of the one tried to be?

He’s falling for the right wing’s deflection campaign to draw attention away from the real criminal.

Worse, most of these Clinton attacks are based on myths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back