• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stan Romanek sentenced to two years in halfway house today

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I don't understand you. When it comes to these subjects, you have a pretty level head.

When it comes to politics, you're definitely out to lunch.

You have to spread your reading beyond the alt-right bubble.

I don't understand you. When it comes to these subjects, you have a pretty level head.

When it comes to politics, you're definitely out to lunch.

You have to spread your reading beyond the alt-right bubble.
I remember when I was real little. I'd always hear the phrase "Never talk about religion or politics" during events like Thanksgiving dinner & other get togethers w/ my parents friends/inlaws. I knew about religion (or at least the Catholic religion) and I knew what a politician was - but that's about it. As I got older & while I was in the Navy - it started to make sense. But now it really makes sense! ;)

As I said, stop living in a bubble and make an effort to read and understand other viewpoints. You might find that your limited understanding of the political waters needs to be pushed aside to a more reasoned view. In short, stop falling for fake news.

If Stan is guilty, and i don't know, i dont know him so i cant judge his guilt or innocence.
And i am open to the idea that anyone who does get "proof" could be framed in this way.

Heck we used to joke about this on the 4chan forums years ago. "Dont mess with me dude or i will load child pron to your HDD and call the FBI"

But if he's guilty of this, he deserves way more than what he got.

I cant get my head around the sexual desire for children, i am hard wired not to find them attractive in this way. Anymore than i am with animals.
I simply cannot comprehend how anyone could find animals or children a turn on.

If a court found him beyond a shadow of a doubt guilty, they should castrate the sicko imo.

I remember the night the Police phoned me and said get out of the house now, we are sending a crew to take you to a safe house, because they thought a pedophile they had charged and bailed might be on his way to my home.

I said let him come, and hung up. and then i took a knife sharpener and a kitchen knife and prepped for his arrival.

But he threw himself in front of a freight train that afternoon, oh well........................

If Stan is guilty, and i don't know, i dont know him so i cant judge his guilt or innocence.
And i am open to the idea that anyone who does get "proof" could be framed in this way.

Heck we used to joke about this on the 4chan forums years ago. "Dont mess with me dude or i will load child pron to your HDD and call the FBI"

But if he's guilty of this, he deserves way more than what he got.

I cant get my head around the sexual desire for children, i am hard wired not to find them attractive in this way. Anymore than i am with animals.
I simply cannot comprehend how anyone could find animals or children a turn on.

If a court found him beyond a shadow of a doubt guilty, they should castrate the sicko imo.

I remember the night the Police phoned me and said get out of the house now, we are sending a crew to take you to a safe house, because they thought a pedophile they had charged and bailed might be on his way to my home.

I said let him come, and hung up. and then i took a knife sharpener and a kitchen knife and prepped for his arrival.

But he threw himself in front of a freight train that afternoon, oh well........................
Just as you are hardwired to not be attracted to those things - people like him are. It's like how I'm hardwired to be attracted to women. I didn't choose that - that's just how I am. Same thing for pedophiles, serial killers, etc. I don't think anyone thinks to themselves "I'm really attracted to women and I've had a great time having several female partners over the years - but I'm tired of that. I think I'm going to try something new. Those 5 year olds I saw playing earlier over there look interesting......etc." They are unfortunately, wired that way. Same for gay people. I dont think anyone thinks "I really like women, but I feel like making my life 100x more tough then it already is by coming out as gay. I'm looking forward to all the ridicule and discrimination that comes along with coming out."

But either way, I'm not giving pedophiles a free pass. They need to be dealt with. I just read a local article today in fact, where a guy my age got convicted of forcing a 5 year old to perform oral on him. He received 10 years. But within the article it said he was busted for having sex with minors TWICE IN THE PAST. Really?! WTF? That just goes to show that you are never rehabilitated from that. You were born that way - you'll die that way. You can only hope to restrain yourself. It's probably like a burning itch on the sole of your foot that you can't get to because your shoes are on....driving you crazy.

Just as you are hardwired to not be attracted to those things - people like him are.

I know, and im actually very liberal when it comes to sexual behavior. We recently legalized same sex marriage down under.

I once worked with a card carrying local equivalent to a NAMBLA member and he tried to make a case for his kind, but at the end of the day children are not emotionally mature enough to make good decisions about such activity's and are easily manipulated by older people so i couldn't support his premise that what his preferences were, were OK.

Its a hot button topic down here right now

'Shameful past': Archbishops respond to child abuse royal commission findings

And for me the evidence this behavior does enormous harm to its victims is beyond a doubt.

Freedom isn't a real thing, its a philosophical construct. The lucky ones get to choose their chains.
Stan had to know that behavior was illegal, He should have accepted the will of society that such behavior must not be indulged in.

The next issue that's going to get some debate is this one.

Petition banning 'child sex dolls' gains support

Grotesque as i personally find the idea, both sides of the debate make reasonable points.

Personally i'd support the ban.

Back