• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter — October 15, 2017

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
October 15, 2017
www.theparacast.com

Medical Doctor Brings "Out of this World" Tales to The Paracast

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive podcast, After The Paracast, plus a higher-quality version of The Paracast free of network ads, when you sign up for The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes, the Paracast+ Video Channel, episode transcripts, Special Features, Classic Episodes and there’s more to come! We also feature selected podcasts and videos from Paul Kimball’s “Other Side of Truth.” Check out our new lower rates, starting at just $1.49 per week, plus our “Lifetime” membership and special free print and eBook book offers! For more information about our premium package, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio.

This Week's Episode: Gene and guest cohost Paul Kimball present Dr. Scott Kolbaba, who will discuss the book, "Physicians’ Untold Stories." The book includes near-death experiences, unexplained miraculous healing, apparitions, dreams foretelling future events and more, such as a physician who wakes up with an unmistakable intuition about his patient's mysterious malady. Dr. Kolbaba has been featured in Chicago Magazine as a "Top Doctor" in internal medicine, and is currently an internist in private practice in Wheaton, Illinois.

Chris O’Brien’s Blog: Our Strange Planet

Paul Kimball's Facebook Page: Paul Kimball - The Other Side of Truth

Physicians' Untold Stories: Home

After The Paracast -- Available exclusively to Paracast+ subscribers on October 15: An eclectic episode as Gene and guest cohost Paul Kimball briefly talk about their fast food preferences before moving on. What about colorized versions of black and white movies? Paul’s take on the subject is that colorizing is an “abomination,” as the discussion moves briefly to the state of moviemaking. Commenting on the appearance of Dr. Scott Kolbaba on The Paracast, Paul says that concerns about life after death are far more important than whether we are being visited by space aliens. In rant mode once again, Paul criticizes the “To the Stars” crowd-funding project from UFO promoter Tom DeLonge, a former rocker, as just another effort to use the UFO mystery as a dodge to make money, of “buying into the business of Ufology.” Paul also criticizes journalist and UFO author Leslie Kean for evidently attaching herself to to DeLong’s project with a recent HuffPost article.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Check out our new YouTube channel at: The Official Paracast Channel

What’s More Important?
By Gene Steinberg

It’s true that The Paracast has had a heavy focus on the UFO mystery over the years. This is in large part due to my background, which includes a long-term interest that subject. But that doesn’t mean that I’m not fascinated by other realms of the paranormal, and as I get older, there are some things that I obviously might not have considered in the old days.

Now the possibilities of life after death were part and parcel of our October 8, 2017 and October 15, 2017 episodes; we also featured an episode on grief dreams on September 17, 2017.

In the first, Paul Kimball, cohost of a new reality show, “Hauntings,” suggested that the strange apparitions referred to as ghosts may not actually be the spirits of dead people as is generally assumed. There may be another phenomenon at work here. But how can you possibly know?

In this weekend’s episode, we featured Dr. Scott Kolbaba, an internist from Illinois, who published a book with more than two dozen stories from his fellow physicians that appear to involve interactions with the unknown. If you’ve heard about near-death experiences, spontaneous cures and similar phenomena, this may be familiar territory to you, but having them originate with medical practitioners adds yet another dimension to their credibility.

At its heart, however, is the compelling question of what’s most important.

So if we are really and truly being visited by entities or beings from other planets, that development certainly has the potential to turn our society upside down. The possible existence of an advanced propulsion system that can transport people or beings from planets in one solar system to planets in another solar system, many light years away, would make our most advanced rocket ships seem little more than the oversized firecrackers they are.

The energy barons who spend billions of dollars to buy the politicians they want to run America might suddenly find themselves facing business ruin. Or maybe they’d try to find a way to hide the truth about this advanced technology, or the means to somehow exploit it for their own needs. If spacecraft engaged in a mass landing around the world, however, they couldn’t control the outcome.

All a theory, however. ET might just want to keep their technology for themselves because we just aren’t ready. Or maybe they have a prime directive that dictates how they deal with primitive species, which basically means to minimize interactions with the locals.

Perhaps they just don’t care.

The world’s religions might also be impacted. Do extraterrestrials even have a religion? Did they possibly inspire some of our own religious myths a couple of thousand years ago? Either way, the belief systems of billions of Earthlings might be challenged.

Or maybe the UFO saga will continue on at is now, an elusive phenomenon that we can never quite understand. But if nothing changes, what possible impact can UFOs have on most of us, except for the few who actually have the chance to see one? Even then, to most people, it’s just one of those things, and they move on.

Well, except for those who thus become obsessed with what happened to them.

Otherwise, the existence of UFOs remains an abstract that might entertain us, fascinate us, intrigue us, but it rarely changes our lives.

When it comes to the possibility that we will continue to exist after life ends, well that is probably the most important subject of all. Will we just vanish from existence when the body dies? Will we become part of a universal consciousness, will our awareness simply end, or is there a place to which we go as we move on to another level of existence?

So do we go to heaven, hell, or some way station where our lives are put under the microscope as supernatural beings decide our fates? Even if we do go to the light to enter another plane of existence, is that real, an illusion? Are we even living an illusion now?

It’s no wonder that there’s an endless interest on tales of the supernatural involving ghosts, interactions with dead people, near-death experiences and other incidents that appear to demonstrate that life goes on.

Many of you have had dreams of departed relatives. Certainly I have, and they usually involve my dad or my brother. In both cases, they died suddenly, unexpectedly. My father, Charles Steinberg, suffered from apparent heart failure while playing cards with friends at a senior center. He was weeks shy of age 79. My brother, Wallace Herbert Steinberg, died in his sleep at age 61.

In my dreams, they both seem to go about their business. At no point do I sense they are trying to convey any sort of message to me. More than likely, those dreams are distilled from my memories of them.

As I get older, it’s natural to wonder what, if anything, happens next. Indeed, I came awfully close to serious physical harm on June 19th, when a pickup truck had a serious “argument” with my VW sedan. Fortunately, seatbelts and airbags functioned properly. The head-on collision totaled my car, but didn’t total me. I ended up with relatively minor injuries, mostly worsening a chronic back condition.

Or maybe I never survived that accident in one reality. But my consciousness moved on to another reality where I lived on.

While it’s a pretty outlandish idea, I have sometimes wondered if, when you die in one place, you are transported to another place and just go on. Or perhaps you suddenly find yourself a child again, as you begin a new life.

But is that a reincarnation theory? If we fail to behave in the prescribed fashion, are we sent back to try to get it right? Unfortunately, stories about people remembering alleged past lives don’t necessarily demonstrate it’s all part of a divine plan. After all, most people do not have memories about a previous existence, so if you’re supposed to learn your lesson by living a new life, shouldn’t you know what you did wrong so you don’t become a repeat offender?

The arguments are endless. Sometimes people get a glimmer of an afterlife for a short time if they are clinically dead due to an injury or a surgical procedure. These near-death experiences seem to present the usual myths of what might happen when life ends. Some people meet deceased family members or friends, but are told it’s not “their time” yet, so they soon awaken.

What is curious is that such experiences have been compared to UFO abductions, both of which involve encounters with the unknown and an apparent suspension of the known laws of physics.

So many fascinating possibilities and many more to explore. It’s a sure thing we will all learn the truth someday, whatever it is. When it comes to UFOs, they rarely impact the lives of most people.

What do you think is most important, really?

Copyright 1999-2017 The Paracast LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Back