• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DeLonge's "disclosure"

marduk

quelling chaos since 2352BC
Here's the 'start' of it:

Inside Knowledge About Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Could Lead To World-Changing Technology | HuffPost

If you don't want to read it, I'll skip to the part that finally makes sense to me:

On Wednesday October 11, at 9:00 AM PT and 12:00 PM EST, the team will launch the new initiative at an event to be live-streamed from Seattle. Tom will introduce his colleagues and explain the intentions and purpose of the new company, and its need for public support.

Translation: I want money.

Here's the link: To The Stars Academy | NOTE: Use Chrome. There's some serious display problems for the site on MSIE.
  • Minimum Investment: $200.00
  • Price Per Share: $5.00
  • Type of Share: Common
Updates:

TIME | INVESTORS | AMOUNT RAISED
9:20 am | 162 | $103,860

10:00 am | 214 | $129,610

TSA02.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah - we've called for an emergency episode of Double Density to talk about this - if all goes as planned, it'll drop on Saturday. This whole thing is odd.

I found what Chris Mellon had to say worthwhile. He's also involved with the UFO Data project, and has had a lifelong interest in UFOs. But the problem as usual is that although he advocates Government disclosure, he's not in a position to actually disclose anything not already released. In another interview he says he was sent a video of some fireballs obtained from a contact at an observatory. He says that video was shown on National TV by Ted Koppel, but I haven't been able to locate it on the net. He's been on Podcast UFO, so if we were to do a show on this, I think he'd be the guy to invite.

We'll mention it I suppose. But not the way he would have liked. :) Don't these people realize the optics of unrealized promises? Why should anyone take a rock singer seriously anyway?
Get Melon on as a guest and you can ask him yourself. Personally I'm no fan of credential waving intellectuals with no ufology background who think they can weigh-in either, and Melon doesn't come across that way. It also doesn't bother me that DeLonge is a musician.

The fact is, I just don't know DeLonge well enough to evaluate his worth to ufology. All I knew before this is that he was a musician who had become active in ufology. Because of that I had anticipated a better presentation. But he seemed nervous and unsettled, like something had rattled him just before going on. I wonder what and why. I also personally don't think that the approach they're taking is going to get any real traction, but who knows? If it works and the guy is sincere about what he says, then at least he's doing something genuine and constructive. That's OK. Again: If you want good answers, try to get Melon on.

BTW: DeLonge seems to be doing better than the other guy we had on ( I forget his name ) who was trying to do some crowd sourcing. Whether or not that is an advantage I dunno. Personally I think there's a lot of wasted redundant efforts going on and that throwing bags of money at the problem isn't the way to solve it. On the other hand, I don't mind DeLonge's basic idea. But it needs work and effective brand management and promotion.

Last edited:
From page 6 of the offering circular

"Aerospace and scientific research and development can be risky, and there are no guarantees that any of the projects we undertake will
lead to a commercially-viable product."
At least they say so, and at least it wasn't something like we need your money to develop weapons to fight off the reptilian invaders. It seems like a sincere effort. But I just don't know enough about it to say much more than that.

Last edited:
The problem is that there is nothing to "disclose" other than the same old stories and conspiracy theories.
Melon's reminder about the November 14 2004 incident with the The Nimitz Carrier Strike Group doesn't seem to have been confirmed by official sources, so it would seem to be a very good case to have disclosure on. Also common sense tells us that there must be a lot more that we don't know about. So I'm curious as to how you would arrive at the conclusion that there's nothing to disclose? It's not like you actually know that.

Last edited:
I think I’d be very surprised if there was anything to disclose.

The same groups that are supposed to be ‘in the know’ also don’t seem to be able to find their ass with both hands and trillions of dollars at their disposal.

Besides, this phenomenon seems to be a very personal one, and doesn’t seem to care about our society or power structures at all.

I think it far more likely that ‘government insider knowledge’ is actually disinfo to make it seem like they have their crap together.

I think I’d be very surprised if there was anything to disclose. The same groups that are supposed to be ‘in the know’ also don’t seem to be able to find their ass with both hands and trillions of dollars at their disposal. Besides, this phenomenon seems to be a very personal one, and doesn’t seem to care about our society or power structures at all. I think it far more likely that ‘government insider knowledge’ is actually disinfo to make it seem like they have their crap together.

I'm getting a bit of a mixed message there, so maybe you can help clarify. To me it looks as if you're not saying you think there's nothing to disclose ( as in there's no significant insider info anyplace ), but more like if there were a disclosure program, the system is so inept that nothing would come of it. Have I got that right?

I'm getting a bit of a mixed message there, so maybe you can help clarify. To me it looks as if you're not saying you think there's nothing to disclose ( as in there's no significant insider info anyplace ), but more like if there were a disclosure program, the system is so inept that nothing would come of it. Have I got that right?

What I'm saying is this: If some sub-component of our government believes that it has evidence of UFOs - be that anywhere from photos to trace evidence to full craft from 'crash retrievals' - then they still probably don't know squat. I mean, this stuff doesn't seem to conform to anything we understand, and that's with trillions of dollars in the private sector dumped into aircraft propulsion systems. Nothing like it fits. And there's little as un-creative as government or military activity. If it can't be immediately weaponized, it gets buried so nobody else can, end of story. Name me a single avant-garde weapons or propulsion system created in the past 100 years. We still throw chunks of metal at each other or use chemical explosives to kill people. We still burn dead dinosaurs to get from place to place using the wheel or fixed wing aircraft. Even space based laser systems are really nothing more than the equivalent of burning an ant with a magnifying glass. This is the extent of leading thinking hundreds of trillions of dollars and a century has given us. And we expect these guys to be able to figure out a rubik's cube on steroids that must be whatever this is? No way.

Besides, my guess is there are no crash retrievals. The government or military has what we have - eyewitness reports, blurry camera footage, and some radar traces. What are they going to do with that? Nothing. At best, they'd spread rumours and innuendos of 'secret agreements' and 'joint bases' and 'back engineering' to give the hicks the idea that the government or military has it all figured out and will save the citizens if it all goes pear shaped. When in fact, they can't do anything if whatever this is decided to get aggressive.

This phenomena approaches individuals, not societies. They're like the anti-borg - the borg assimilate species but ignore individuals. This thing ignores the species but interacts with individuals.

What I'm saying is this: If some sub-component of our government believes that it has evidence of UFOs - be that anywhere from photos to trace evidence to full craft from 'crash retrievals' - then they still probably don't know squat. I mean, this stuff doesn't seem to conform to anything we understand, and that's with trillions of dollars in the private sector dumped into aircraft propulsion systems. Nothing like it fits. And there's little as un-creative as government or military activity. If it can't be immediately weaponized, it gets buried so nobody else can, end of story. Name me a single avant-garde weapons or propulsion system created in the past 100 years. We still throw chunks of metal at each other or use chemical explosives to kill people. We still burn dead dinosaurs to get from place to place using the wheel or fixed wing aircraft. Even space based laser systems are really nothing more than the equivalent of burning an ant with a magnifying glass. This is the extent of leading thinking hundreds of trillions of dollars and a century has given us. And we expect these guys to be able to figure out a rubik's cube on steroids that must be whatever this is? No way.

Besides, my guess is there are no crash retrievals. The government or military has what we have - eyewitness reports, blurry camera footage, and some radar traces. What are they going to do with that? Nothing. At best, they'd spread rumours and innuendos of 'secret agreements' and 'joint bases' and 'back engineering' to give the hicks the idea that the government or military has it all figured out and will save the citizens if it all goes pear shaped. When in fact, they can't do anything if whatever this is decided to get aggressive.

This phenomena approaches individuals, not societies. They're like the anti-borg - the borg assimilate species but ignore individuals. This thing ignores the species but interacts with individuals.

Okay, if I have what you're getting at right, you're not saying that you necessarily think there isn't information that exceeds what Joe public knows, but that whatever info the PTB has, no matter how amazing to Joe Public, it still isn't going to provide definitive answers because it is likely to be so far beyond our range of understanding as to be of no practical use?

Exactly so, which is why I have become convinced over the years that if there is a non-prosaic explanation for it all that it's not space aliens, but rather something much more closer to home - and to us - on a deeply personal, perhaps even spiritual, level.

This is a field of dreams effort. They are hoping that if they build it (the company) that they (technology and culture breakthroughs) will come.

It's doesn't seem like they already have the science, technology or answer to the UFO question to build from. Just that they think the answer is out there and if they work at it they will find it.

I dont see why they should make science and technology breakthroughs ahead of commercial big players who are already trying to beat in market competition. E.g. big energy and aerospace companies.

Other than entertainment, I would be skeptical of expecting any outputs.

Back