• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Footprint find on Crete may push back date humans began to walk upright

Anybody who wants to look at the surrounding area of the discovery can do so on google maps.

There are two places called "Trachilos" in Crete one island in the south east and one in the north west.
Comparing the maps in the article with google maps I believe it is the one in the north west where the foot prints were found:
upload_2017-9-2_14-47-49.png

the best local landmark I could find was called "
Archaeological Museum of Kissamos
Αρχαιολογικό Μουσείο Κισάμου

this link should go to it:
Google Maps

but if it does not work just enter "Archaeological Museum of Kissamos" into google maps.

Personally I don't think Atlantis was here, if it ever existed at all, but I have very roughly marked a map to show were it is supposed to have been by some:

upload_2017-9-2_14-50-3.png

minoan-jar.jpg

antikythera_mechanism_remains.jpg

antikythera-mechanism-scientific-American.jpg

Certainly a very interesting place ;)

I believe they even had little Hippos at one point:
Hippopotamus creutzburgi - Wikipedia

Back