• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 19, 2017 — Dr. Robert Davis and Dr. Maree Batchelor

It could be argued that the New Age jumped on the Beach Boys song from 1967, or alternatively, that the Beach Boys made big bucks using New Age terminology. I'm not sure which way it developed. This song has good "vibrations" and "excitations" that aren't related to particle physics. So, the idea of "good vibes" in a colloquial sense has been around for a long time.

I do have to admit though, that when Dr. B. told Gene to put his feet on the floor to make a good connection to earth, I was thinking of copper grounding straps. :D

I thought that song was about sex?

Seconded strongly!

An absolute pet hate of mine is when people - usually New Age types - use terms such as 'Frequencies' or 'Vibrations' without ever referring to what is actually supposed to be vibrating or oscillating. 'Raising vibrations' is meaningless. A frequency is just the numerical rate at which something is oscillating or switching states etc. You can increase the frequency of an EM wave or increase the rate at which a sewing machine needle goes in and out of the material being sewed but you cannot just talk about vibrations and frequencies without saying what it is that is supposed to be vibrating.

I realise that people are entitled to borrow terms from science and use them in different ways, but the argument stands that when anyone - usually from Sedona :D - talks about raising one's vibrations it is still meaningless without explaining what part of a human being it is that vibrates! Whether I agree or not personally, I'd be far less annoyed if it was explained that, for example, it is someone's 'aura' that is increasing in frequency etc.

Does this make sense? Does it annoy anyone else other than Marduk, who obviously gets it?:cool:
I had a person claim that they were raising their frequency to match the changes in the Earth's frequency. I asked how she was doing this, and she couldn't respond immediately. So I asked "Are you sticking your finger into a light socket?" She responded that a higher frequency entity could do this without harm. There you go.

Seconded strongly!

An absolute pet hate of mine is when people - usually New Age types - use terms such as 'Frequencies' or 'Vibrations' without ever referring to what is actually supposed to be vibrating or oscillating. 'Raising vibrations' is meaningless. A frequency is just the numerical rate at which something is oscillating or switching states etc. You can increase the frequency of an EM wave or increase the rate at which a sewing machine needle goes in and out of the material being sewed but you cannot just talk about vibrations and frequencies without saying what it is that is supposed to be vibrating.

I realise that people are entitled to borrow terms from science and use them in different ways, but the argument stands that when anyone - usually from Sedona :D - talks about raising one's vibrations it is still meaningless without explaining what part of a human being it is that vibrates! Whether I agree or not personally, I'd be far less annoyed if it was explained that, for example, it is someone's 'aura' that is increasing in frequency etc.

Does this make sense? Does it annoy anyone else other than Marduk, who obviously gets it?:cool:

BE THE FIRST ON YOUR BLOCK TO SPEAK NEW AGE!!

Here is a link to a webpage that will generate New Age remarks for you to use on your friends. Best used while wearing a mu mu, a crystal taped to your third eye and while waving a magic wand!

New Age Bullshit Generator Click on REIONIZE ELECTRONS

Example: the temporal differential we call wakefulness is the cosmic interaction of subatomic particles operating in the quantum field, the (quantum)leap represents a fundamental universal constant that we can only speculate upon in the macro scale of wave form frequencies.

It could be argued that the New Age jumped on the Beach Boys song from 1967, or alternatively, that the Beach Boys made big bucks using New Age terminology. I'm not sure which way it developed. This song has good "vibrations" and "excitations" that aren't related to particle physics. So, the idea of "good vibes" in a colloquial sense has been around for a long time.

I do have to admit though, that when Dr. B. told Gene to put his feet on the floor to make a good connection to earth, I was thinking of copper grounding straps. :D
I think the ascended masters of the 4th dimensional plane of existence first introduced the Truth (copywrite pending) to the Beach Boys in this song. The unfoldment of cosmic creation and interdimensional wisdom teachings has to be done incrementally, allowing the human race to adapt itself to the increasing frequencies of love that will lead to an Ascension of planet Earth to 5th density. Those who are truly dense will ascend with Earth. The rest will be relocated to a suitable sphere of influence governed by carnal entanglements. It is all quite simple, you know, to those who have awakened the higher violet chakra and have established a divine connection to the standard LOGOS, the grande LOGOS and the super-grande LOGOS, resulting in a starbuckian revelation.

BE THE FIRST ON YOUR BLOCK TO SPEAK NEW AGE!!

Here is a link to a webpage that will generate New Age remarks for you to use on your friends. Best used while wearing a mu mu, a crystal taped to your third eye and while waving a magic wand!

New Age Bullshit Generator Click on REIONIZE ELECTRONS

Example: the temporal differential we call wakefulness is the cosmic interaction of subatomic particles operating in the quantum field, the (quantum)leap represents a fundamental universal constant that we can only speculate upon in the macro scale of wave form frequencies.
I love it!

We grow, we dream, we are reborn.
To navigate the vision quest is to become one with it. We exist as electromagnetic forces.
Consciousness consists of meridians of quantum energy. “Quantum” means an awakening of the high-frequency.
Interconnectedness is the deeper meaning of serenity, and of us. The world is overflowing with ultrasonic energy. Consciousness requires exploration.

nature

The nexus is calling to you via sub-atomic particles. Can you hear it? If you have never experienced this lightning bolt inherent in nature, it can be difficult to dream. Have you found your story?

Yes, it is possible to extinguish the things that can shatter us, but not without hope on our side. Without power, one cannot believe. We can no longer afford to live with pain.

We must learn how to lead non-local lives in the face of greed.
Humankind has nothing to lose. Reality has always been beaming with entities whose dreams are immersed in knowledge. Our conversations with other mystics have led to a flowering of ultra-angelic consciousness.

Who are we? Where on the great path will we be awakened? Throughout history, humans have been interacting with the totality via vibrations. We are at a crossroads of intention and suffering.

Here I thought a bunch of the new agers were in fact bots. Now I'm sure of it.

Well, speaking of which: I'm not accepting any particular explanation as to why it would or should work. Maybe it's just a focal point for one's personal energy and creativity.

Let me put it this way: The results are promising. If you know what I've been going through over the past few years, that is progress. But I'm still looking for more to talk about.

Well, speaking of which: I'm not accepting any particular explanation as to why it would or should work. Maybe it's just a focal point for one's personal energy and creativity.

Let me put it this way: The results are promising. If you know what I've been going through over the past few years, that is progress. But I'm still looking for more to talk about.
Wow (stunned silence). First of all, I'm very happy for you (and Mrs. S) that initial results seem promising. What an unsuspected, yet pleasant, development. Here's to hoping there are many more promising (and lucrative) developments over time!

I think the ascended masters of the 4th dimensional plane of existence first introduced the Truth (copywrite pending) to the Beach Boys in this song.

Well, one thing we can be sure of, it was the ascending masters of the 5th Dimension who sang a cosmic song of love that would steer the stars, and this only two years after the Beach Boys good vibrations.

BTW BTS, I read your pdf collection of paranormal events you experienced. You've had enough for several dozen people.

BTW, one of the reasons I thought this was such a good show is because of the quality of the questions @Gene Steinberg brought to the interview. There wasn't much softball going on there. At times I thought it might even go off the rails, but he kept it all on track like a pro, and that made it certainly far more engaging than Noory who tends to agree with and be amazed by everyone and anything. Had that been an episode of C2C I probably would have turned off my radio and gone to sleep. Not so with The Paracast.

Funny how different we veiw things... I thought Gene was abrasive towards both guests. At times i wonder how people agree to do interviews on the show when guests are being talked to in such a way. i would lose my cool & hang up if people talked to me in the same ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Funny how different we veiw things... I thought Gene was abrasive towards both guests. At times i wonder how people agree to do interviews on the show when guests are being talked to in such a way. i would lose my cool & hang up if people talked to me in the same ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I confess I was rather taken aback when Gene told Davis he was not answering the question twice. I did not perceive that Davis was intentionally avoiding the question of whether Edgar Mitchell had shared secret information with his inner circle. Maybe Davis just thought "I don't know" was too simple an answer so he turned the answers twice into a commercial for FREE. Gene's remark did seem like a slap in the face but Davis continued on graciously for the rest of the interview. Sometimes the mediating presence of Chris O'Brien is absent and noticed.

I confess I was rather taken aback when Gene told Davis he was not answering the question twice. I did not perceive that Davis was intentionally avoiding the question of whether Edgar Mitchell had shared secret information with his inner circle. Maybe Davis just thought "I don't know" was too simple an answer so he turned the answers twice into a commercial for FREE. Gene's remark did seem like a slap in the face but Davis continued on graciously for the rest of the interview. Sometimes the mediating presence of Chris O'Brien is absent and noticed.
Not a slap in the face, just good journalism. He did that twice, failed to respond to the question, while trying to change the subject.

I haven't found the ideal paranormal podcast, the Paracast comes closest for me, and for the reasons you cite.

I will say that Sasquatch Chronicles, which I've been listening to for about 7 months or so now (the free weekly version), does an alright job. I always desire more inquisitive skepticism from any paranormal show, but Sasquatch Chronicles has enough seemingly credible testimony such that my view on this creature has done an about face. I'm sure my friends think I'm off my rocker, but then again they can't be bothered to explore the subject either. What to do?

Do any other paranormal shows stand out for you?
Where Did the Road Go?

Back